Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I think their's a number of snow shields that could do with being blown up with dynamite for Saturday...

It is ridculous how strong our snow shields are getting.blum.gif

Posted

I think their's a number of snow shields that could do with being blown up with dynamite for Saturday...

It is ridculous how strong our snow shields are getting.blum.gif

Northampton's snow shield is up and ready, watch this space.

Posted

Saturday looking more of a south Midlands event each run.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Northampton's snow shield is up and ready, watch this space.

I'll get the dynamite ready, but I'll bring more than one pack incase the Northampton snow shield ends up being too tough to break. ;-)

Would be great if that circular Low could go just that little bit further North again.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Guys , can you please just confirm there is no chance of snow tomorrow ? I have to go to work, but hate the thought of sitting in my horrible Birmingham office worrying if its going to snow before i get home to Redditch .

I

Posted

Guys , can you please just confirm there is no chance of snow tomorrow ? I have to go to work, but hate the thought of sitting in my horrible Birmingham office worrying if its going to snow before i get home to Redditch .

I

This is the Midlands!! never snows here.

Nope, no snow tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Forget Saturday folks will be wet snow south of birmingham only, Attention all on monday, still game on, GFS 12Z shows frontal snow from W or NW for monday

Posted

I

dont worry mate, i assure there is a 0.1 chance of snow tommorow!

Posted

Well Central not showing any rain for tomorrow either, so looks like I will venture in, but will refreshing this site every 10 minutes.

Me and my flippin anxiety attacks sorry.gif

Posted

Mr been.. There is no snow or rain for tomorrow.. Never has been.. Saturday was uncertain but looks like that will head further south than you now as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Rain, Thunder, Lightning

So snow looking less and less likely for boring Birmingham this weekend, as that low slips further south. Maybe a chance on Monday?

Posted

Have I fallen asleep and woken up on Sunday? Because everyone suddenly knows what Saturday's weather is!

Posted

Anybody else getting model fatigue?? don't think i can cope much longer with the swings they are turning out.laugh.png I do hope the GFS18z starts to have a re-think and comes back in line with the ECM & the UKMO. been well impressed with the GEM of late, very consistent. Oh well, only another 1 hours and 30 mins before the 18Z comes out. strong coffee and 20 ciggies at the ready.

Posted

Anybody else getting model fatigue?? don't think i can cope much longer with the swings they are turning out.laugh.png I do hope the GFS18z starts to have a re-think and comes back in line with the ECM & the UKMO. been well impressed with the GEM of late, very consistent. Oh well, only another 1 hours and 30 mins before the 18Z comes out. strong coffee and 20 ciggies at the ready.

Just we're in the worst possible region at our latitude ON EARTH for snow, how crap is that? *downs more Prozac*

Posted

Just we're in the worst possible region at our latitude ON EARTH for snow, how crap is that? *downs more Prozac*

True, but then you'd be sick of the sight of it, so for it to be rare just makes it that bit more special. i can tell you after a week of persistant snow and getting effectively stranded in the austrian alps you get sick of it after a while.

Posted

if we are buried then the if you stand ontop of the SE you will need an air tank

Maybe, Maybe not.

I remember Feb 09 the South East got unlucky and a warm sector got mixed in and they got sleet, whilst the mids got hammered.

Posted

True, but then you'd be sick of the sight of it, so for it to be rare just makes it that bit more special. i can tell you after a week of persistant snow and getting effectively stranded in the austrian alps you get sick of it after a while.

There's rare, then there's Warwickshire lol, even bloody Jerusalem's had better snow than me over the past 20 years :-D

Posted

Going back to the present...even though it's not that interesting. The fog really started to come down again earlier this evening but seems to have cleared slightly again. Thought we were in for another thick soup!

Still don't want to comment much on Saturday...really can't tell what might happen here.

Still don't want to comment much on Monday...really can't tell what might happen here.

Still don't want to comment much on next week's cold spell...really can't tell what might happen here.

Still don't want to comment much on summer 2013...really can't tell what might happen here.

Still don't want to comment much on Xmas 2013...really can't tell what might happen here.

I could go on...

There'll be drizzle somewhere though!

Edited by Gord

Posted

There's rare, then there's Warwickshire lol, even bloody Jerusalem's had better snow than me over the past 20 years :-D

Now that would be a great tag line for your county! Needs to go on your 'Welcome to Warwickshire' signs!