Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very dense fog here...but it's arrival seems to have melted the frost that started to form.

Sadly not cold enough uppers for any snizzle. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Excellent 18z for the weekend thus far. If thats right, even I in Penryn, near Falmouth at 100m ASL may even see a few flakes!

Posted

Sadly the rest of the 18z is rubbish but lots of disagreements and the GFS is still on its own. Cant be dismissed though.

Still, snow looking quite odds on for at least the Central Midlands Southwards this weekend but probably some for the North Mids to keep the moaners happy there too. laugh.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

No fog here near Ludlow. Temp a chilly -5.1C. Lovely! Looking forward to some snow now!

Posted

Crazy the difference between the GFS and pretty much every other model atm.

GFS says return to mild zonal SW's by Tuesday/wednesday next week, ECM has us in the freezer.

Saturdays snow risk seems to be moving a little south each run. Hopefully we all see some.

Posted

As I said yesterday, it's bound to move south, it ALWAYS misses the Coventry area just like 2010, we're still paying for the great Midlands blizzard of 1990 2 1/2 foot of snow over night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well minus -1.2 here last night, according to the netweather forecast for my postcode on Saturday it will snow Most the day heaviest in the afternoon, rainfall total just over 1cm, how much snow could that be???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Surprisingly no air frost last night here in rural Northants. Min temp of 0.1c was foggy and misty at times but now lifted to general murkiness. Fingers crossed for a bit of the white stuff over the weekend and maybe Monday.

Posted

Well minus -1.2 here last night, according to the netweather forecast for my postcode on Saturday it will snow Most the day heaviest in the afternoon, rainfall total just over 1cm, how much snow could that be???

1cm of rain would be 10cm of snow ;-D

Posted

Well i've admitted defeat now regarding Saturday's snow, just gotta pray that for once this winter the GFS isn't right and we get something more like the ECM for next week.

Posted

Warnings now out for the SW MIdlands - basically Glos, Worcs, Here and Shrop but with the caveat that other parts of the Midlands may also be affected. And an inch or two of snow to low level :D

Posted

Well i've admitted defeat now regarding Saturday's snow, just gotta pray that for once this winter the GFS isn't right and we get something more like the ECM for next week.

Well, we're used to dissapointment here aren't we, nothing every seems to go our way.

I'm sort of getting fed up with the whole weather scene, all the variety has completely gone nowadays, all we're left with is cloud and rain or just drought and cloudy, no storms, no snow, no big freezes, no heat waves....just bland boring crap!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

As always I think it will go right to the wire, as usual, 50 miles either way will make a huge difference as always :-/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yes a Rain to Snow case scenario looks likely for Worcestershire and surrounding counties by Saturday and Im sure low levels will too get falling and settling snow. If nothing else from the gfs confusing output the last few days its been pretty firm in its idea with this scenario.....mega_shok.gif

Edited by ANYWEATHER

Posted

Sorry guys as suspected Saturday's low even further south on Saturday, barely even scrapes the south of the region now.

Best hope is for Sundays low to end up further east before milder air takes over Monday cray.gif

Posted

Sorry guys as suspected Saturday's low even further south on Saturday, barely even scrapes the south of the region now.

Best hope is for Sundays low to end up further east before milder air takes over Monday cray.gif

are you watching the same gfs as me?! much better synoptics for an overall colder theme early in this run. yes may not be as good for satarday but would you rather a 10cm max snowfall or a couple of weeks of cold and snow? definately trending towards ecm/ukmo, slowly but surely and i expect another upgrade on the 18z Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

are you watching the same gfs as me?! much better synoptics for an overall colder theme early in this run. yes may not be as good for satarday but would you rather a 10cm max snowfall or a couple of weeks of cold and snow? definately trending towards ecm/ukmo, slowly but surely and i expect another upgrade on the 18z

I'd rather a couple of days of snow, then spring now :-D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

We appear to be having a mild day in West Malvern compared to some of you... but we are at elevation. A balmy 3.4oC currently. Foggy all day, though. Looking forward to some snow on Saturday! Fingers crossed. cold.gifgood.gif