Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted

Now that would be a great tag line for your county! Needs to go on your 'Welcome to Warwickshire' signs!

"This is not just any shire, this is Warwickshire" rofl.gif

Northants_Snow has not been online since the 5th of November, hope he is ok..unsure.png

Last Active Nov 05 2012 23:48

hopefully, but I've lost a bit of interest this winter, perhaps he's just having a break until something tangible shows up? Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The Model Output thread is like mayhem so I am popping over here now. Its hard to tell if all these posts of epic snowfalls are relating to everyone or just the South East. Now that where people live has been removed its even harder to tell.

So, here in the Midlands - do we think its going to be cold, clear and frosty or are we going to get these "epic" snowfalls that are being banded around?

Saturdays rain/sleet/snow event looks to be south of the Midlands but its really after then that the freezer opens.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

The Model Output thread is like mayhem so I am popping over here now. Its hard to tell if all these posts of epic snowfalls are relating to everyone or just the South East. Now that where people live has been removed its even harder to tell.

So, here in the Midlands - do we think its going to be cold, clear and frosty or are we going to get these "epic" snowfalls that are being banded around?

Saturdays rain/sleet/snow event looks to be south of the Midlands but its really after then that the freezer opens.

Ian F has just posted in the MOD thread, looks like most of us to miss out on any snow on Saturday. looks like south of the M4 hopefully, we get the bigger stuff later in the week.

Edited by lancs_northants

Posted

Indeed, having now had a serious look, Saturday is starting to look a bit clearer. At this point in time, it does seem that it will stay to our south.

Having said that, on the Sunday 3rd January 2010, it was looking like we were going to stay dry and cold for the whole of the upcoming week...

...do I need to go on?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We're still 2 days from possible snowfall in the midlands, 50 miles further north & were back in, Saturday will be an interesting day, does anyone know if were going to get our locations put back on, as it makes this forum much more interesting, my co workers couldn't believe how good I was in the last snowfall event, remember telling them " it will be snowing in 2hours" & it was lol

Posted

Well, the snow risk map had upgraded a bit for the Midlands on the 18z for Saturday leaving only the part of Warwickshire that i'm in without any lol, this is torture, why do I do this to myself? >< :-D

We're still 2 days from possible snowfall in the midlands, 50 miles further north & were back in, Saturday will be an interesting day, does anyone know if were going to get our locations put back on, as it makes this forum much more interesting, my co workers couldn't believe how good I was in the last snowfall event, remember telling them " it will be snowing in 2hours" & it was lol

I don't understand how taking people's locations out can save bandwidth????

Posted

Well, the snow risk map had upgraded a bit for the Midlands on the 18z for Saturday leaving only the part of Warwickshire that i'm in without any lol, this is torture, why do I do this to myself? >< :-D

I don't understand how taking people's locations out can save bandwidth????

Just watching the 18z roll out now, exciting stuff, it's very annoying as my geographys pretty good, so I'm normally able to build a good picture of what's incoming........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Unbelievable 18Z, snowfests next week, and on ecmwf, nervy look at 00Z's in morning incase it goes tits up

Posted

In the model outlook thread, they are all saying that west is best for snow. Some charts look very good for us midlanders on the west side of the Pennines.

Posted

Good for the whole of the midlands?? Or just the sw of our region?

good?! try... AMAZING FOR THE WHOLE WESTERN AND CENTRAL OF ENGLAND! not to mention wales with an even better chance! ill admit i am excited, but we all know this will fail to materialise just because we are in the midlands haha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Rain, Thunder, Lightning

As our locations are missing, I decided to put mine in my avatar! Some pretty impressive charts today, although I'm only just learning to understand what I'm looking at. Not sure about Saturday, but it looks like the midlands could be in for some snow on Monday/early Tuesday - emphasis on "could" of course.

gfs-2-102.png?18

Edited by TheWhiteQueen

Posted

good?! try... AMAZING FOR THE WHOLE WESTERN AND CENTRAL OF ENGLAND! not to mention wales with an even better chance! ill admit i am excited, but we all know this will fail to materialise just because we are in the midlands haha!

Wow bring it on!!!!

Posted

Unbelievable 18Z, snowfests next week, and on ecmwf, nervy look at 00Z's in morning incase it goes tits up

you know it will soon enough! come on people we have been in this trap far too often...

Posted

Lol you are right we have been here before oh well nothing wrong in dreaming lol

no of course not, and it would be amazing to wake up to inches upon inches of snow but this is britain, and more specifically this is the midlands; the land of no weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

In stoke we are having sleet shower looking good.

Posted

As our locations are missing, I decided to put mine in my avatar! Some pretty impressive charts today, although I'm only just learning to understand what I'm looking at. Not sure about Saturday, but it looks like the midlands could be in for some snow on Monday/early Tuesday - emphasis on "could" of course.

gfs-2-102.png?18

Yes, I'd noticed that our locations have been dumped - makes it rather futile for a regional thread !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Yes, I'd noticed that our locations have been dumped - makes it rather futile for a regional thread !!

No idea why they've dumped the location info - and its really annoying just as we're heading into a snowy period where everyone is going to be looking on here to see who's reporting snow!

I've just added my location as a Signature (Profile, Edit, then Signature is an option on the left). Perhaps we should have a little campaign to encourage everyone to do it, so we don't get any conversations like this......

'Just started snowing here!'

'Where's Here??'

(Just a thought...............)

Fizz

Edited by fizz511

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Thursdays snow has inevitably gone of models... but has been brought forward to wednesday with a crazy snowfest.. ahh why am i hoping?

mondays event gone as well, no surprise there