Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

yes joey someone, i cant remember, very experienced member and from what i remember he got preety much everyone one of his forecasts right! remember them risk maps he did with the tones of red? would be great to have him on here, he was lived in swindon so may of popped in here aswell.

He popped in here, BBC old weather chat (now gone), PW, SW and other forums.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Did someone mention snow? I`m back for the winter!! Dusting off the lights, radar, weatherstation and my wifes key to the Carling Fridge!! And the prozac cupboard come Monday pmsl!! Andy???

hi.gifhi.gifhi.gifhi.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not the worst 18Z, would say mondays event still on, but tuesdays event not on, only in Eastern areas of midlands

Posted

Yep, same old.... watch the radar and have a decent light!! Always the best policy, who knows, we could all wake up to a dusting tomorrow from a freaky front!! Love it!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

I'd like to hear what TEITS thinks

Posted

not the worst 18Z, would say mondays event still on, but tuesdays event not on, only in Eastern areas of midlands

yeah totally agree mate, however this has been pushing further west and it wouldnt be a bad thing if it continued in future runs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yeah totally agree mate, however this has been pushing further west and it wouldnt be a bad thing if it continued in future runs

what tuesdays event?

Posted

So close!

Fingers crossed it keeps pushing west, it really doesn't have to go far! Monday looks good (although still too close for comfort for my liking!) but Tuesday could be troublesome.

Still lots of time to go before then!

Posted

what tuesdays event?

yes look back at the evolution of it, also if you look there is a split over the midlands where more intense ppn goes to our east and west, it could be heavier over our reigon just not being modeled on this run Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

Heavy rain and sleet being reported in Shrewsbury right now apparently. Not really pushing east and dying away. Been right on my doorstep for a while now.

Posted

Yep, same old.... watch the radar and have a decent light!! Always the best policy, who knows, we could all wake up to a dusting tomorrow from a freaky front!! Love it!!!

Snow = sNOWcasting!!!! :)

Posted

I sooooooooooooooo want snow!!! It will only be the second time the puppy (nutter) has seen it!!! But looking at it, it looks like it will be Monday - when I'm at work - doh!!!

Posted

I sooooooooooooooo want snow!!! It will only be the second time the puppy (nutter) has seen it!!! But looking at it, it looks like it will be Monday - when I'm at work - doh!!!

Nottinghamshire isn't too shabby a place to be for snow on Monday I reckon...maybe Tuesday too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Heavy rain and sleet being reported in Shrewsbury right now apparently. Not really pushing east and dying away. Been right on my doorstep for a while now.

its on its way to stoke I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'm driving my wife, daughter, brother inlaw, & colleagues mad with my weather talk, my 8 year old cried when I told her it now wouldnt snow tomorrow, had a chat about the weather never doing what it was forecast, she said dad I" I just want snow" just a cm will do :-/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins

We just need an easterly correction of 50 miles and we're guaranted snow for the whole region. Right now, the transition on the NAE is right over my head for Monday (Stafford).

Evap cooling might come in to it, but I really don't want to be relying on that..

I'm expecting / hoping for a correction on tomorrows runs. Fingers crossed.

Posted

I'm driving my wife, daughter, brother inlaw, & colleagues mad with my weather talk, my 8 year old cried when I told her it now wouldnt snow tomorrow, had a chat about the weather never doing what it was forecast, she said dad I" I just want snow" just a cm will do :-/

Mate, my ickle girl is nearly 23, but she`s been asking everyday for updates..., we will never control the weather, but we can keep our babies informed, that`s enough for me. :)

Posted

Mate, my ickle girl is nearly 23, but she`s been asking everyday for updates..., we will never control the weather, but we can keep our babies informed, that`s enough for me. smile.png

You're only going to see snow mate.

Posted

You're only going to see snow mate.

Ya bug got me! Good evening pal!

plus the 18 yr old comment!!

Edited by echobase

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Makes interesting viewing, copied it off the model thread, it's just been updated

Just a quick update - we've put a major upgrade of our snow risk charts and prec type for the GFS and NMM online recently - it's now taking a much larger range of factors into account from upper air temps at various levels through to temps and dewpoints at the surface.

GFS snow risk charts here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=snow;sess=

Also in the main GFS chart viewer:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=

NMM here (netweather Extra)

http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=nmm;sess=

Edited by Stour7

Posted

There's some stroking of beards going on over in the model discussion thread and general agreement that this could be modelled further west as we approach T-0, which for everyone in this thread is splendid news.

The SE & East coasters will get their fill from the upcomming easterlies so they'll be sitting pretty in the mid term. Pretty much ALL of our big snow events in this region have been from this type of incursion into a cold block, this is different but still similar.

If it comes off it will be better than Christmas.