Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted

Yes it was, and was good, I think you had 2 events? one on 4th, and again on thursday 10th? missed the 10th snow

Ouch, biggest let down of last winter that date (which was the 9th by the way!). Had so much potential as well.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Yes it was, and was good, I think you had 2 events? one on 4th, and again on thursday 10th? missed the 10th snow

Yeah, the 10th was better for us..I remember Andy (Leicester) was not a happy bunny that night, all the precip slipped past Leicester and smashed into Northamptonrofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

An event like 8th dec 1990 would be even better Gord.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Ouch, biggest let down of last winter that date (which was the 9th by the way!). Had so much potential as well.

Was a let down only a few light flurries on the morning of friday 10th

Posted

You were like this on 04th Feb, kept saying it would turn to rain and didnt, was tight though as I think shrewsbury had nothing

Don't remind me! I really was convinced...but I did live at 80m asl then so I think I can be forgiven! Glad to have been wrong though!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Good Memory, Gord. it was the 9th a Thursday.

Posted

Good luck to everyone over the coming week, hope you all get the weather that you wish for good.gif

Off to Reading tomorrow (may see a flake or two) then back to work on Sunday & Monday, may have to come home early if the beebs teatime forecast is to be believed help.gif

Edited by smethwickgg102

Posted

Heath hayes about 2 miles east of Cannock. Did well last feb got around 8-10cms if I remember right, snowed all pm though got close to freezing rain near end. Melted quickly the following day though.

Wasn't sure if the forecast on meto site was based on latest data as thought GFS was model mostly putting things more borderline but meto forecast looked similiar to GFS based one for my location.

your very near to me then just further west so you can give me the heads up ;), good to see this thread getting busier Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

Supposed to be in Birmingham Monday but may work from home if it looks too dodgy.

Posted

The met office show snow for stoke anybody think we could get some of the white stuff

Posted

Been a lurker for years actually, about 2006 I think, couldn't be arsed posting though till this year!

Posted

4th Feb 2012 was one of the most significant single snow events in the past 10 years for stoke. We got about 15 cm ffrom that all day event. Fog and higher temps resulted in a 2 day thaw

Posted

4th of feb was the best snowed from 12 till about 8 non stop and i had to catch a flight the next day so luckely it thawed abit . Ironically im going skiing on next sunday so hope the snows not to deep. Also 16th of december 2011 was good here in stoke got a few cm

Edited by Chess01

Posted

Well, my met office forecast has just changed to heavy snow for Monday.

At this moment in time, it is suddenly looking so much better. Let's see what it looks like tomorrow and Sunday!

Posted

Well, my met office forecast has just changed to heavy snow for Monday.

At this moment in time, it is suddenly looking so much better. Let's see what it looks like tomorrow and Sunday!

light snow sunday night, and sleet monday for me

Posted

Been a lurker for years actually, about 2006 I think, couldn't be arsed posting though till this year!

i lurked for a long long time on a website called met monkey, only really started posting when i moved here

lets see what the 18z spews out and then again tommorow, i think we could have a much preetier picture

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I live nr Ashby NW Leics I have a meeting in Leeds at 8:30 til 12 then driving back down to home, from looking at the forecast I will have snow front for company. warm clothes, flask in the car me thinks!

Posted

Just noticed that the frost has melted on the cars and that a bank of high cloud has rolled in.

Will be watching those temperatures with interest tomorrow.

Posted

Just noticed that the frost has melted on the cars and that a bank of high cloud has rolled in.

Will be watching those temperatures with interest tomorrow.

rain close on raintoday, need a drying out period really, if any snow falls on monday, better chance of lying

Posted

80% chance of heavy snow on Monday at Home and 60% chance of light snow at work, Thank You Met Office pleasantry.gif

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/west-bromwich?tab=fiveDay

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/burton-upon-trent#?tab=fiveDay

Posted

rain close on raintoday, need a drying out period really, if any snow falls on monday, better chance of lying

Well spotted, haven't been looking at the radar so never saw that little lot over Wales.

The ground will be OK for snow to sit on by Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

i lurked for a long long time on a website called met monkey, only really started posting when i moved here

Ahh

I believe that site was set up by a user by the name of "thermohaline conveyor" IIRC

Posted

Ahh

I believe that site was set up by a user by the name of "thermohaline conveyor" IIRC

yes keithy joey someone, i cant remember, very experienced member and from what i remember he got preety much everyone one of his forecasts right! remember them risk maps he did with the tones of red? would be great to have him on here, he was lived in swindon so may of popped in here aswell. Edited by Staffordshire