Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - December 29th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Quick question - can anyone recommend one definitive book I can read to understand the fundementals of reading the models please? Thanks!

The netweather guides in the learning area should help, perhaps Coast can provide a link, as I can't find it that easily.

Posted

The netweather guides in the learning area should help, perhaps Coast can provide a link, as I can't find it that easily.

This one is worth going through again by everyone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Morning all. Overcast and mild here. Currently 9.3c.

I can feel the excitement bubbling under the surface in this thread. I'm at a gentle simmer of excitement myself and trying not to get too carried away. biggrin.png

If I was you, I would remain simmering until a sign of the changearound comes about and that is not too far away in reality. The period from the 9th to the 12th January needs watching closely for the first signs of development. drinks.gif

Posted

I've just hung my washing out. :D

Gotta get in before Mr Milly gets home from work, otherwise that'll be the new tumble dryer out of the window.

Posted

laugh.png I think we can get away with it in here, but you could get a bad go if you start letting it slip to friends and family at the moment...

egg-face-flickr.jpg

Cheers K, you too!

That picture should be put up each time, yet another Beasterly fails to materialise. rofl.gif

Personally, I'm hoping the breakdown comes from Northern latitudes at first and then a gradual cool down from the East. Besides, February is better known for its Easterlies. clapping.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

If I was you, I would remain simmering until a sign of the changearound comes about and that is not too far away in reality. The period from the 9th to the 12th January needs watching closely for the first signs of development. drinks.gif

I'm trying to keep a lid on it all. Am NOT in anyway going into the MOD thread. I'm going to stay calm...calm...calm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Good morning everyone, where can I find the MOD thread? I'm new to all this, a matter of weeks so when I read some comments I'm a bit lost :0$ thanks in advance

Posted

http://forum.netweat...del-discussion/

Good morning everyone, where can I find the MOD thread? I'm new to all this, a matter of weeks so when I read some comments I'm a bit lost :0$ thanks in advance

Here ya go

http://forum.netweather.tv/forum/146-forecasting-model-discussion/

Edited by Amanzi

Posted

I'm presuming you're a complete newbie/novice, because if you are, I wouldn't even go there. First of all, learn to read the models yourself or failing that, have a look at John Pike's Fax Charts as to get a grip of where the next few days are heading. In here, I would also personally read Ben_Camb's summaries. I have a list of favourite posters, who I feel talk sense and have a sound knowledge of Meteorlogy. I could PM you some pointers, should you wish? I'm also sure others would be happy to do so, too. good.gif

The MOD thread is here but beware, it is a lion's den in there and many a different view is often portrayed. Having said that, now would be a suitable time to venture in there, as there is model output consistency. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I did notice John Hammond give subtle hints about changes afoot in the upper atmosphere, after the BBC News at 10 yesterday. I bet a few people in the model thread would have wet their pants on hearing that.biggrin.png However, I reckon 99% of the viewers would have wondered what he was on about.ph34r.png Interesting times ahead indeed.

indeed...and as JH said watch this space good.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk...her_03_01_2013/

Posted

At least there are signs of it getting colder from GFS:

144_31.gif

150_31.gif

156_31.gif

and look at the cold to our East moving slowly towards us......

186_31.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

My beard is starting to grow faster and faster, it normally does this when there is an imminent onslaught of cold weather. Don't worry about the in-depth meteorlogical technical output and just rely on the speed and growth of my beard :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ALL WEATHER, NOT THE PETTY POLITICS OF MODS IN THIS SITE

I think what is key to take on board now is that the southeast is going to completely reverse in terms of rainfall. Going forward it will be dry for a considerable time. weeks, possibly months overall.

Posted

I think what is key to take on board now is that the southeast is going to completely reverse in terms of rainfall. Going forward it will be dry for a considerable time. weeks, possibly months overall.

Since you can see months into the future, could you give me this saturday's winning lotto numbers please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ALL WEATHER, NOT THE PETTY POLITICS OF MODS IN THIS SITE

If I could be that precise I would already be on a humongous party on my 200 foot motor yacht in the Mediteranean full up with booze, girls and best mates. drinks.gif You are welcome to come aboard if you wish, but you are going to have to be a real party animal!. diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I've just hung my washing out. biggrin.png

Gotta get in before Mr Milly gets home from work, otherwise that'll be the new tumble dryer out of the window.

I hate having to dry washing indoors and have also put mine out.

I don't have a tumble dryer though, it was a toss up between that and a dishwasher and I am glad I got the latter :-)

Posted

My beard is starting to grow faster and faster, it normally does this when there is an imminent onslaught of cold weather. Don't worry about the in-depth meteorlogical technical output and just rely on the speed and growth of my beard smile.png

rofl.gif Amen to that then brother!!!

BurkeKennyGiantBeard.jpg

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

rofl.gif Amen to that then brother!!!

More like this...

6xks0Ubbv7di0b5gyyWboLjX_400.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

I'm presuming you're a complete newbie/novice, because if you are, I wouldn't even go there. First of all, learn to read the models yourself or failing that, have a look at John Pike's Fax Charts as to get a grip of where the next few days are heading. In here, I would also personally read Ben_Camb's summaries. I have a list of favourite posters, who I feel talk sense and have a sound knowledge of Meteorlogy. I could PM you some pointers, should you wish? I'm also sure others would be happy to do so, too. good.gif

The MOD thread is here but beware, it is a lion's den in there and many a different view is often portrayed. Having said that, now would be a suitable time to venture in there, as there is model output consistency. good.gif

Yes please gotto that would help a great deal.thankyou

Posted

I don't have a tumble dryer though, it was a toss up between that and a dishwasher and I am glad I got the latter :-)

I haven't got either. Peasants that we are. :D

Posted

More like this...

6xks0Ubbv7di0b5gyyWboLjX_400.jpg

Is that the beard grown in the lead up to Winter 1963?

Posted

I've got a dish washer too whistling.gif

post-2770-0-90800000-1357308414.jpg

Posted

Very encouraging post from Ian Fergusson sums up nicely the BBC/MetO overview for 10 to 15 days and backs up that cold coming in from the East around the 12th:

clapping.gif

Posted

I haven't got either. Peasants that we are. :D

Dear me, some of us have our priorities wrong! I have a dish washer and a tumble drier, but I don't have a weather station, argh! Some wrong decisions there I think!

CD