• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

This is hard work trying to read every post,my eyes are goingblink.png funny

Posted

Well dare I say it, things are looking rather good for our part of the world for early next week. Looks like we 'should' see some snow, although how much and where is the real question...personally think areas north of London should do quite well; Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and the like.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Planning my reading on here in the next few days:

Friday eve: lots people biting nails, asking "will it snow in..." (insert your town, city or village here...)

Saturday: It rains (as predicted). Lots ppl saying "models were wrong again, why do I believe them! (etc etc)

Sunday: After being reminded that the snow is "coming", things calm down a little. Lots of lampost watching and people unseasonably talking about mullled wine, et al

Sunday night. Someone reports they think they saw a single flake fall, maybe, in the direct light of a halogen lamp at the highest possible as elevation in the south-east.

Yamkin posts top secret information from the council that we should immediately take cover, EIGHT FOOT of snow expected any time!

Forum immediately crashes!

Monday morning: (after the forum comes up again) Lots of people asking if its still coming, watching news 24 every half hour for up to the second updates.

Monday night: Snow starts to fall. Lots of reports of "3 inches" when they really mean 3cm. And they forget to tell you, that was measured in a drift! Lots of posts containing the word "covering", "20p pieces", "50p flakes" and so on.

Of course, both 20ps and 50ps are a lot smaller than they used to be!

Tuesday small hours. Those posters staying up all night lampost watching are posting how the roads will be blocked solid, such that, its absolutely no problem to stay up all night, as it will be IMPOSSIBLE to go to school/work/sign on in the morning.

Tuesday: Despite about 1cm of lying snow, someone posts a picture of the snowman they built, surrounded by a green garden where they managed to scrape up every snowflake (and most likely a few handfuls of dog poo) to build the poor bu66er.

Wednesday lunch time. Under a fair amount of snow cover, the first "meal simile" post appears (such as "was that the main course?", "when do we get a 'second helping'?" and so on).

Wednesday night: Atlantic standing by to roar in once more.

Seeing lots of posts about "the block is so solid, the warm won't win". And "surely as the precip comes over the snowy ground, it will be modified back to snow.

Of course its p1$$1ng down with rain by Thursday morning, and its all washed away...

Who needs models to predict the future!

Very good, haha

Posted

zzzzzz. erm..Hello..am I in the right place for snow?? ....Woking, surrey smiliz39.gif

Oh yes clap.gifcold.gif

Posted

This is hard work trying to read every post,my eyes are goingblink.png funny

Its impossible to keep up! Took a brief foray into the model thread - when I went back to the end, there was pretty much a whole new page of posts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

33915777.png

69032805.png

53007991.png

69489351.png

42340765.png

55363140.png

64592676.png

50649638.png

17550801.png

61940005.png

If this comes off for Monday/Tuesday!!!! i'd by a sledge,,,,but seeing as I have no decent hills or slopes near me :( lol

Posted

Can someone pls answer my question if streamers do happen will the uckfield area see them

Ps seeing les misrables tonight lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Storm watching!! Ah, I wonder if we'll get some this year. Last year was a disaster for storms in this area. :(

Posted

incedentally ian just posted on the sw thread that he is 'upping the cagyness' re snow mon/tues - much uncertainty. that will also be the case across the uk then. take nothing for granted yet !! it may be cold enough but it may not snow (as per gem 12z)

Taken from the model thread, thoughts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Can someone pls answer my question if streamers do happen will the uckfield area see them

Ps seeing les misrables tonight lol

Impossible to answer. Streamers cannot be forecasted more than 24 hours out, even then it comes down to real time radar observations

Posted

Its impossible to keep up! Took a brief foray into the model thread - when I went back to the end, there was pretty much a whole new page of posts!

Im trying to do stuff but cant concentrate ,i feel like a big kid and i keep saying to myself its only snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

What's the score for us Bexley people - am I'm going to have to stand at the local train station for hours on Monday waiting for a SE Train that may or may not tun up due to a foot of snow falling on the line?!

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

ECM warm sector further west Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

From memory a "Kent streamer" serves Uckfield quite well with showers moving South West through Maidstone and Tonbridge Wells.

Enjoy the film.

Posted
  • Location: To the South East of Ipswich - on the Essex/Suffolk Border
  • Weather Preferences: Sun or Snow
  • Location: To the South East of Ipswich - on the Essex/Suffolk Border

Im trying to do stuff but cant concentrate ,i feel like a big kid and i keep saying to myself its only snow

It's not only snow, it's SNOW!! I'm with you there! It's a disruption to the monotany of every day life - I think that's why I love it so much. That, and it sparkles and brightens up the 'dullness' of winter and makes everything look clean AND I can play in it - even though I'm in my thirties. There are so many reasons to love snow....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

incedentally ian just posted on the sw thread that he is 'upping the cagyness' re snow mon/tues - much uncertainty. that will also be the case across the uk then. take nothing for granted yet !! it may be cold enough but it may not snow (as per gem 12z)

Taken from the model thread, thoughts?

Think Ian is referring possibly to the West Country rather than the UK as a whole

Box Hill could be a popular spot next week! Or Les Box when it comes to the ski season :)

Posted

It's not only snow, it's SNOW!! I'm with you there! It's a disruption to the monotany of every day life - I think that's why I love it so much. That, and it sparkles and brightens up the 'dullness' of winter and makes everything look clean AND I can play in it - even though I'm in my thirties. There are so many reasons to love snow....

Yep we are all bonkers but i love it wub.png

Posted

I still think there is a shot at something wintry tomorrow you know...

Not like this, surely?! Poor thing cant even do 'hands up!'

post-3098-0-75604600-1357929868_thumb.jp

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Starting to get a little excited about the snow prospects for the weekend and beyond, although I have A level exams next week, so its not ideal timing for disruptive snowfall for me.

v3gj2t.jpg

Very pleased with this upgrade to the met office forecast, although its a too early to be set in stone I guess. Exciting times ahead clapping.gif

Edited by Hughsey

Posted

Just came out of the model discussion.thread lol

I'm not worried about T168

We have SNOW !! At T96 at lots of it

Snow snow snow snow and Tuesday to

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Just came out of the model discussion.thread lol

I'm not worried about T168

We have SNOW !! At T96 at lots of it

Snow snow snow snow and Tuesday to

Timed to perfection as I finish my current night shifts on Monday morning, Surrey Hills could be stunning!!