Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 11th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I am wondering whether having a real fire reduces snow risk (raising ambient temperature so snow turns to rain and it's all my fault) or increases snow risk (heat rises and heads up to stratosphere, thus aiding warming and hence soon feeds into proper cold conditions). I have bought in extra logs in the hope it's the latter

On a slightly more serious note, nicely cold here in Reigate and still looking v interesting for the week ahead. Enjoy!

Posted

Looking at the T42 FAX

post-7073-0-69679400-1357939717_thumb.gi

slightly too slack?

Thats the only thing I would say. Ps Showers coming up from SW ?? its frosty here atm :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Its just the start Shots. good.gif

Hi Jason

I'm not sure just how much the current charts have been affected by the recent ssw, as you say the main

event is still waiting back stage.

Posted

Looking at the T42 FAX

post-7073-0-69679400-1357939717_thumb.gi

Wind direction seems favorable for a Thames Streamer, I've personally not had much experience forecasting streamers so I'm not 100% sure of the exact requirements, but wind direction seems to be adequet albeit perhaps slightly too slack?

The wind direction looks perfect but i'd say it is too slack, there could be some snow showers from that chart but nothing to right home about and they'd probably be concentrated around the estuary rather than the epic streamers that stretch from canvey to portsmouth!

Posted

In all honesty snow forecasting is impossible to gauge true depths until at least 12 hours away, It could down grade it could up grade. However 2010 (WOW) Very impressive. ATM i am over the moon as we are in lock down for 72 hours with great potential,Further on Wait till Sunday night. Personal prediction,We are in for a long haul with all the trimmings.good.gif

cheers mate. im so happy right now at the prospect of snow. looking over various weather websites and charts the consensus is heavy snow in south east every night from sunday/monday. dare i say it more accumulations then dec 2010. (whats life without dreaming ehh)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
Posted

Anybody seen the Facebook page on the London and South East Weather, has this person been writting for the daily Panic? reackons 9 inches of Snow is coming on Monday according to the GFS? can he see something even the experts cant see??

Posted

Just another quick one from me.

http://forum.netweat...60#entry2481432

This cold spell ain't going anywhere fast. acute.gif

Also, just in case folks missed it, here's my summary from earlier.

http://forum.netweat...80#entry2481149

hi gt

the ensembles as u have noted have put the cold a day back every day for 3 days now

i agree with you

this is here for a while yet

Posted

jeeze tomorrow is really messy

PPVE89.gif?31415

UW24-594.GIF?11-18

UW24-7.GIF?11-18

in the morning cold and frosty

slim chance of some sleet around yarmouth overnight

temps overnight around -2

by lunchtime low moving in from the west will give us a period of heavy rain

UW30-7.GIF?11-18

by early evening colder air digging in now

not quite south of london but almost there

UW30-594.GIF?11-18

as we go into the evening areas south of london should see rain turning to snow

other area likely to be drying up but getting cold with ice around now

PPVG89.gif?31415

saturday night

UW36-594.GIF?11-18

UW36-7.GIF?11-18

as we go through the night showers will start to ease although anywhere likely

to see snow where precipitation builds a raw easterly wind

-2 to -4 possible

sunday

PPVI89.gif?31415

UW48-7.GIF?11-18

UW48-594.GIF?11-18

a bitterly cold day

looks dry but with a bitter and strong easterly wind

cannot rule out the channel chucking some snow our way

sunday night

PPVJ89.gif?31415

UW60-594.GIF?11-18

UW60-7.GIF?11-18

this will be very cold -4 maybe -6 somewhere

very cold east-south easterly flow

showers in the north sea should see kent suffolk way see some more snow

mainly dry elsewhere but bitter

monday

PPVK89.gif?31415

UW72-7.GIF?11-18

UW72-594.GIF?11-18

monday starts dry and very cold

as the precipitation moves in from the west turns to heavy snow

throw a stab at around 2pm to start

rest of charts not available yet more later

Hi JP, The first diagram: 850 uppers shows -4 which is ok for snow in my opinion, so some snow around tomorrow once the -4 uppers take hold

Edited by yamkin

Posted

Anybody seen the Facebook page on the London and South East Weather, has this person been writting for the daily Panic? reackons 9 inches of Snow is coming on Monday according to the GFS? can he see something even the experts cant see??

hi blunt

monday could put more than that good.gif

if you include the evening

Posted

Evening all :)

I'm in lowland East London and I don't see much in the way of snow until Monday when it does look, at present, extremely interesting. The possibility exists of considerable snow with air temps close to freezing and said snow persisting to Tuesday.

Tuesday is my birthday - I'll be fifty-two years young and I've never seen snow falling on my birthday. Most years it's mild and damp though I've also known cold and dry.

Never seen snow though - could this be a first?

Posted

Evening all smile.png

I'm in lowland East London and I don't see much in the way of snow until Monday when it does look, at present, extremely interesting. The possibility exists of considerable snow with air temps close to freezing and said snow persisting to Tuesday.

Tuesday is my birthday - I'll be fifty-two years young and I've never seen snow falling on my birthday. Most years it's mild and damp though I've also known cold and dry.

Never seen snow though - could this be a first?

hi stodge

i will update tuesdays fax around 10-11

i have a feeling you will be happy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

evening all. i was wondering does anyone remember dec 2010 when in sussex we got something like a foot of snow in one night, could that possibly happen on monday night and tuesday night? the metoffice says significant accumulations but only 10 cm and 20 on higher ground

I remember that well - there was already deep snow and I went to clear my car which was parked at the top of the road (I live on an incline so thought that it might avoid a wrong *drivers moment* being parked on level terrainblush.png) and the snow that night you mention at the start of December suddenly began falling really heavily in thick flakes and by the time I had finished clearing one side of the car, the other already had a few cms fresh cover over it. Suffice to say I gave up and just a few hours later a good extra 15cms of snow had fallenbiggrin.png Nostalgia asiderolleyes.gif the conditions on Monday and Tuesday certainly won't be anything like that, but nonetheless away from the south coast the conditions should be good enough in my humble opinion to support a good snow coversmile.png

Posted

BBC is chucking some blue with the white stuff on Monday ( I know not to believe the graphics) The weather seems to be changing on a hourly basis at present this Snow has been put off by 2-3 days now, we were due Snow tomorrow, then Sunday now Monday eveining, 9 inches??

Posted

Hi JP, The first diagram: 850 uppers shows -4 which is ok for snow in my opinion, so some snow around tomorrow once the -4 uppers take hold

hi yamks

i agree but trying to predict when it looks 100 percent to me drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

not good updates in the short term sad.png

I would not pay to much attn to them. Bottom line to whats being displayed 5 days out has every chance of being incorrect. Big pattern change going on,Model output past 5 days is like trying to pick the winning lotto numbers. Stay tuned the fun is just starting.

Posted

BBC is chucking some blue with the white stuff on Monday ( I know not to believe the graphics) The weather seems to be changing on a hourly basis at present this Snow has been put off by 2-3 days now, we were due Snow tomorrow, then Sunday now Monday eveining, 9 inches??

you never know hahahaha

Posted

GFS 18z looks similar to 12z in regards to Monday/Monday night/Tuesday. Interestingly, the shortwave that appeared on the 12z which could potentially deliver a second band of snow on Tuesday is on the 18z aswell.

Posted

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=152869

Get your sledges waxed and shovels sharpened

Lol

Edited by M fish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

GFS 18z looks similar to 12z in regards to Monday/Monday night/Tuesday. Interestingly, the shortwave that appeared on the 12z which could potentially deliver a second band of snow on Tuesday is on the 18z aswell.

Ironic Ben, Upgrade then tomorrow. lol