Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter Model Discussion - 11/01/13 00z Onwards

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between
Posted · Hidden by pottyprof, January 12, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by pottyprof, January 12, 2013 - No reason given

But this shows blobs of blue rain over southeast?sorry.gif i was sure we were far enough East for it to be snow.

Yep bit odd but I've never been a fan of BBC graphics, all very vague. It will be interesting to see how they develop tomorrow, I'm sure all will change for the better

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Ensembles from Thurdays 18z shows how the latest run has downgraded the cold for my area, on Thursday's run the mean dropped well below -5C on the 13th however on the last run its just about makes it.

Thursday's 18z run on the left: Fridays 18z on the right:

It seems that the orange member which is the outlier on Thurdays run is actually the correct outcome!

post-17320-0-72419700-1357956726_thumb.g

post-17320-0-92188900-1357956730_thumb.g

Edited by Panayiotis

Been looking at the models over 2 years now never signed up before , loved the weather since little boy lol, learned a lot from here it's been up and downs since week or so back after the ssw, models changing near every run couldn't get round it, the main thing is cold and snow is on our way!!

Big improvement from December when it got so close and nothing happend, this time I thought it was heading that way untill gfs changed its mind ,

There is a meant to be a breakdown by next weekend the latest, I personally think the low pressure systems will undercut the high and leave us in cold air, with a new hp over the ne,I can't say for sure but let's wait and see !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Been looking at the models over 2 years now never signed up before , loved the weather since little boy lol, learned a lot from here it's been up and downs since week or so back after the ssw, models changing near every run couldn't get round it, the main thing is cold and snow is on our way!!

Big improvement from December when it got so close and nothing happend, this time I thought it was heading that way untill gfs changed its mind ,

There is a meant to be a breakdown by next weekend the latest, I personally think the low pressure systems will undercut the high and leave us in cold air, with a new hp over the ne,I can't say for sure but let's wait and see !!

Welcome, certainly interesting times on here. All getting very exciting for snow lovers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Welcome Mayroad snowdrifts and gillskill drinks.gif

Half hour to the latest GFS and a large cup of coffee from the vending machine to keep me awake good.gif

Expecting a few surprises this run (hopefully) with the longevity of the cold late next week and who knows how long the low will linger in the SE on Tuesday morning!

Edited by essexweather

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Methuselah, January 12, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Methuselah, January 12, 2013 - No reason given

Lets hope so as I live there :) , annoying thing is I live on the coast and sometimes it's rain instead of snow but 5 miles further north is a white out , what I seen with very cold uppers here it should hopefully be a white out let's wait and see I suppose

Edited by Mayroad snowdrifts
Posted

GFS up to T+36: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn362.png

Colder air a little further West, but no major changes (which is to be expected so early in the run) :)

Posted

Spine of England getting hit on Monday lunchtime

post-9962-0-66717300-1357962610_thumb.pn

Edited by Jezzer

Posted

Posted

Chilly!

post-9962-0-92573300-1357963545_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Still, runs are very variable and the GFS 00z takes the snow further east for Mon. Expect changes right up until the 24hr time-frame. Very uncertain situation.

Edited by Chris D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe weather, tornadoes,intersting synopsis ,snow

OH i like this http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20130112/00/114/h850t850eu.png my facebook page will go nuts :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Icy

Excellent GFS out to T105 - Snow cover and -14 seen as a Minimum around Oxford. My oh my.

@ T120. I have no comments. Frozen lakes, frozen pipes. frozen sheep, frozen everything. V tricky week acording to GFS.

Im not a ramper but this run has tapped in the signals.

Edited by Jupiters Winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Better for longevity this, easterly looks cleaner. On a downer Mondays event looks rainy from an IMBY perspective. Needs a 100 mile push west.

Posted

Cold certainly digging in nicely out to 120, looking good! RAF Benson could record some very low temps in the frost hollow

Posted

Comparing this 0z run to Friday , Thursday it's a 100 per cent upgrade , falls much in line with the 12z suites with its subtle differences

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

pressure building nicely over iceland at 132hrs.also pressure dropping over italy and troughing in north sea!big upgrade short to mid termgood.gif

Posted

Much better at T+144 - and thats as far as I'm looking on this run

http://www.wetterzen...s/Rtavn1441.png

Now lets see what UKMO says at the same time rofl.gif

Edited by essexweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe weather, tornadoes,intersting synopsis ,snow

post-9962-0-04829400-1357964299_thumb.jp

Couldn't resist!

HAHA that the SACRA club right logo right there .

great heights building around iceland possible greeny high .at 141 now

Posted

I think the mother of all undercuts is coming at the end of hi-res!!

Brilliant run- East of Ireland has uppers below -4C from at least +60hrs til +162hrs with -6C/-8C uppers at times :)

Dan :)

Edited by SNOWPLOUGH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

at 162 hrs look whos dropping in to say hello from the north pole!could be close to a connection here near iceland.fI now but cant emphasise how big an upgrade this is.Will it be gone come midday?probablysearch.gif