Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional - Cold Spell Discussion 13/01/13--->

Isolated Frost

Posted

Can I ask a daft question? What is it that will cause the ppm to curl back later on?

Posted

Can I ask a daft question? What is it that will cause the ppm to curl back later on?

As the low heads southwards down the Easr Coast there will be an easterly flow on its Northern flank which should help the PPN to come back inland again, although as I said before, with increased of things being marginal at lower levels due to the flow off the North Sea. The front should clear by around dawn and for a short while, we should see some snow showers as the air should be cold enough by then for snowfall even to lower levels and also the fact the flow will be even weaker before it gets cut off by the end of the day.

Posted

The met office must think it will come back inland because they have updated my local forecast to have light-heavy snow from 6 tonight till 6am tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Durham Tees Valley Airport is currently closed due to snow until 2.40pm today.

Newcastle International Airport is presently running as normal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe gales, heavy rain and alpine climates

Watch the rainfall radars between Northumberland and Aberdeenshire, you can clearly see the rotation now, and, PPN developing off the 'back edge' and rotating southwards and westwards....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

yep its defo starting to thaw to be honest it hasnt felt that cold today so i expected it, i think tommorrow will be better

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

its a bit of a slushy mess out there although if we can get a covering should freeze nicely tonite and the rest of the week looks colder so it should stick for a few days thats all im bothered about

Posted

Thawing here as well with the teperature at 2.0c I reckon there will not be a lot left to freeze later on, as to more snow later, I think it might be a long wait.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The temperature is starting to fall now back down to 1.9°C with a dew point of 0.3°C down from a high of 0.5°C

Posted

The front has now just about stalled and is going to move slightly due south before the winds pull round to the east forcing it back onto the eastern coast.... id expect it to maybe be back in the newcastle area for around 4-430pm .....

The majority of the region can take a look up at the clouds now.... they are currently moving due south now, as opposed to the west-east that was observed early, keep looking for them turning east-west!!

Posted

The north east has now been taken out of the amber warning zone, was fun while it lasted nearly all melted now! Not expecting much for tonight