Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 13/01/13 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Yep UKMO downgrades into a blizzard for some parts....

Yes, it was'nt looking good at one point, corrected myself above, of course the 120 chart is an absolute rasper.

Posted

Still light snow here in manchester just starting to stick now but don't think this is going to last long :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Looks like the weather front just dying to death over us. tbh the very cold air in front of it are trying to come in.

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted

Why is everyone complaining of a 'non event' it was always going to be a lighter first band with the second more intense period of rain and snow coming tonight and tomorrow. Seems like a growing confidence for the east as there is an amber warning east of the Pennines for tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Why is everyone complaining of a 'non event' it was always going to be a lighter first band with the second more intense period of rain and snow coming tonight and tomorrow. Seems like a growing confidence for the east as there is an amber warning east of the Pennines for tomorrow.

Its not west though is is mate :)

Posted

Here we go people convinced themselves of a snow fest despite it being marginal...now they blame the forecasters.....predicting snow intensity and location is hard for forecasters and models...if it bothers you so much become a meteorologist and revolutionize the science

Posted

Its not west though is is mate :)

No it's not but its not as though there was a prediction for anything particularly heavy at this point, and for an event to happen or not there has to be something predicted. I'm jut saying it's not a write off yet, especially as there is going to be more of a sustained cold spell next week by the looks of things.

Posted

Lol its even news worthy on the Lancs Evening Post! http://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/snow-showers-predicted-1-5310711

Posted

Interesting. Now the light has faded, I can't see the snow falling but there is certainly a dusting forming already from the light stuff that is making it to the ground.

Posted

No it's not but its not as though there was a prediction for anything particularly heavy at this point, and for an event to happen or not there has to be something predicted. I'm jut saying it's not a write off yet, especially as there is going to be more of a sustained cold spell next week by the looks of things.

No it's not but its not as though there was a prediction for anything particularly heavy at this point, and for an event to happen or not there has to be something predicted. I'm jut saying it's not a write off yet, especially as there is going to be more of a sustained cold

spell next week by the looks of things.

To be honest with you i wasnt expecting any snow around here, so im happy enough with what we had today even though it didnt stick, it still tells me that there are still possibilities for a more prolonged and heavier burst to come, although im not pinning my hopes on it, so i cant be disappointed if it doesnt happen, what will be, will be, Que sara!

Posted
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,frost and fog
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)

Curiously it was snowing right on the coast at blackpool but as I drove inland on the M6 it was raining and now home in bootle which is two miles away from the coast it's just rain boo!!-does anybody know if it is forecast to turn back to snow later this evening as the temps drop?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Don't get your hopes up, this will change but this crazy chart for next Sat has caused some excitement. If only...

UW144-21.GIF?13-17

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Its not west though is is mate smile.png

Where is it on the radar , i can't see it?

Posted

Where is it on the radar , i can't see it?

See what?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

I think this second band is doing a stealthy on us as i cant see it

Posted

It was always a decaying band, nothing more than sporadic bursts of light to moderate precipitation, primarily very light!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Slight westwards correction on that Amber warning area and some folks on here are in business.

Tbh though there is probably more chance of an eastwards movement of it but it is nice to see the possibility.