Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 13/01/13 --------->

A.J

Posted

not for a few hours yet, can see it of the west coast of scotland on the radar, it will stretch much further south come the time

ok got quite a bit of snow off this first band so hopelfuly the lying snow can reduce the temp for the snow in the morning :)

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

ok got quite a bit of snow off this first band so hopelfuly the lying snow can reduce the temp for the snow in the morning :)

the snow wont reduce the temp, we need the skies to clear and the fact that there is snow on the floor will help temps drop, however dosent look like any clearing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I'm moving down to Abingdon at the start of Februarysorry.gif

Was thinking of moving down there with my Uncle last year but didn't. I definitely am at the start of February though, leaving my job in Leicester to look for similiar work with better pay down in Abingdon. I moan about the Leicester snow shield but as we speak it's snowing moderately now and a dusting is starting to form! I'll miss this when I move down to snowlessdon.

Ah Andy - it wont be the same in the Mids thread without you moaning about the Leics snowshield! Promise you'll pop back to post in here anyhow?

Fizzychops.

PS Ive just come in from my conservatory too. Infra-Red patio heater & fleece blanket for me :)

Posted

Has anybody noticed that band of snow heading out of north Wales? Looks fairly heavy on the radar. I wonder if it will intensify once it reaches the colder air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

One thing that has kind of surprised me about this current band of snow is some of the intensification that has occurred in places. Did think the whole thing was going to fizzle out somewhat as it travelled further South Eastwards.

Snow depth roughly around a cm or 2 here with much lighter snow now falling. (Going to try and get that West Midlands Snow Shield remote fixed...).

Posted

One thing that has kind of surprised me about this current band of snow is some of the intensification that has occurred in places. Did think the whole thing was going to fizzle out somewhat as it travelled further South Eastwards.

Snow depth roughly around a cm or 2 here with much lighter snow now falling. (Going to try and get that West Midlands Snow Shield remote fixed...).

Relying on you there Red - no tea breaks till you have!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Just a 3 or 4mm dusting of icey snow here, not the fluffy dense powdery sort. More icey and slightly transparent flakes.

It's falling light to moderate. A decent amount of flakes, but small in size.

Posted

The Coventry snow shield is in operation (of sorts); though it has been snowing for quite a few hours and has settlled on the grass and cars, it has not settled on pavements or roads.

However, at least we have managed to see some snow this winter and it's quite possible that there may be more to come in the short to medium term though how much is uncertain.. (as shown in changes in the models from run to run)..

It has been interesting following the models and the various possible solutions being offered whatever they may be.

Edited by fourseasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Bigger flakes, but still kinda nowt? Frying chips and heading for the sack..... Moffy out...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ah Andy - it wont be the same in the Mids thread without you moaning about the Leics snowshield! Promise you'll pop back to post in here anyhow?

Fizzychops.

PS Ive just come in from my conservatory too. Infra-Red patio heater & fleece blanket for me smile.png

Of course i'll still come in to the Midlands thread fizzychops :D To be honest i'll probably stay in the Midlands thread, Abingdon is Oxfordshire so kind of still Midlands-ish.

Snow update... Snowing moderately still, dusting on most surfaces now :D Radar looks decent, could be another 30-60 mins of this here I think. I'd be happy with this dusting by the morning. Just hope the 2nd band is all snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Relying on you there Red - no tea breaks till you have!

Not even just one glass of water and one little biscuit? :o I'll even stay up all night to get that snow shield remote sorted if I have to. ;-)

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Has anybody noticed that band of snow heading out of north Wales? Looks fairly heavy on the radar. I wonder if it will intensify once it reaches the colder air.

It already looks quite intense and seems to be on a straight line for here. I wonder if it will get here as it is.

Edited by Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Still snowing in Stourbridge, starting to give a light covering on the road as well now :-)

Posted

Not even just one glass of water and one little biscuit? :o I'll even stay up all night to get that snow shield remote sorted if I have to. ;-)

Lol. Ok, a quick cuppa then, but no malingering!

PS - Have you tried taking the batteries out and putting them back in again?

Posted

Well I have had nothing here, no precipitation at all, must say I am a might surprised but work tomorrow so am off to bed. Appartenly has snowed all around where I live, just not in the town iteself! Sigh... good luck all and hopefully something will appear for us later in the week/moth/year/decade/millenium! ;)

Posted

Of course i'll still come in to the Midlands thread fizzychops :D To be honest i'll probably stay in the Midlands thread, Abingdon is Oxfordshire so kind of still Midlands-ish.

Cool :) Its bad enough that AJ defected, and only pops back here to turn the lights off from time to time, without you disappearing too.

Well glad the Leics snowshield's obviously a bit faulty tonight and you've got yourself some snow! Think you might have some of mine there too as we've barely got a dusting. Sigh.

Edited by fizz511

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sounds like Stourbridge is doing decent tonight. Nice little moderate to heavy band moving through now on the radar. Looks drier from then on though. Tomorrow I think id expect wintry conditions for the Black Country given its higher ground and on other hills. GFS shows at least sleet in Wales so not sure why it might be pure rain for the West Midlandsh unless the warm sector is unluckily placed!

But still, pictures first thing tomorrow please. Just be grateful. Had rain showers here tonight and its currently about 5c in Falmouth.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Its still going here in Brownhills. In fact its heavier. Why is that? I thought it would be over by now.

Posted

heavy snow starting to cover all surfaces now ...lets hope it continues until the morning

Posted

Everything except the main road (and the rather strange isolated bit of pavement on the side that is ALWAYS last) covered, looks quite nice considering. At least it seems I'll have one morning to wake up to white outside this winter.

I'm actually quite interested in that path of the precip just inland at North Wales now... Hopefully a direct hit for the heathlands of Cradley! /NotAChance

Posted

Everything except the main road (and the rather strange isolated bit of pavement on the side that is ALWAYS last) covered, looks quite nice considering. At least it seems I'll have one morning to wake up to white outside this winter.

I'm actually quite interested in that path of the precip just inland at North Wales now... Hopefully a direct hit for the heathlands of Cradley! /NotAChance

I'm eagerly awaiting that to see how it develops! Could be good :)

I'd say there is about 1cm at the moment. The gritter just came up the road and the tracks were covered about a minute later.

Edited by Luke