Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Quick update.

We are currently in the centre of the circulation.

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs061.gif

Sinks SE this evening and then we pick up an E,ly flow.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs121.gif

Temps will begin to drop at this stage as we pick up colder upper temps with the dewpoints dropping.

More snow is then expected to push S but the amounts is uncertain.

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs123.gif

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs153.gif

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Right this did have me confused.

What i did was switch to a 4 hr ppn radar animation on very slow.

I then watched carefully and you can just see the ppn that is sitting along the coastline in the northeast is starting to come back in and you can see the rotary movement if you watch carefully.

I take it then that sooner or later this effect will start pulling everything along the east coasts back in then?pheww

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

well been a great one here. Woke up at 4am to see a covering and scraped off a couple of inches of snow off car first thing. At work in Radlett it was light and stop/start until about 11am when it really kicked in and was very heavy at times and pretty much non stop until about 3.00. Was settling well on the playground after the kids at the school had been out in it playing. Am a happy bunny now and will be happy with whatever we get now.

hey spoke to you yesterday. I live in park street so you passed me . not a bad day for snow. what's your thoughts tonight?

Posted

Looking ahead - the high is absolutely immense. The Atlantic systems are drifting into a brick wall. For me, today is just the starter with the main course being served at the end of the week. Widely 6, possibly 8 inches of snow.

The model thread is looking a lot more positive and interesting reading the last day or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Rain/Sleet/Snow mix here, any chance that coastal areas will get any lying snow before the end of the night?

Posted

Looks like there is a slow melt going on here too, In one way that wouldn't be so bad but then also fancied a snow day.

Would be nice to wake up to fresh snow though so fingers crossed.

Time for sleep for me been awake over 24 hours after working my last night shift for a few days.

Posted

Am I justified to say that the Met Office has over done their warnings? Yes it did snow hard for about 2 hrs in central Essex but it never settled and was never likely too with the temps at +2c ....

On flip side back in Dec, got pasted in snow and there were no warnings .....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

well we've had a slight melt going on. Current temp is at 1c but it feels much colder
cold.gif

fingers crossed for later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

well we've had a slight melt going on. Current temp is at 1c but it feels much colder
cold.gif

fingers crossed for later!

Still got a nice covering here in LB, Lets see what 2nite brings good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Still got a nice covering here in LB, Lets see what 2nite brings good.gif

we still have a fair bit on the ground so happy with that!

I am hoping for a nice covering from this tonight but i'm not getting my hopes up until i see it moving back towards me on the radar and we have a drop in temp/dew point which are both at 1c for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

hey spoke to you yesterday. I live in park street so you passed me . not a bad day for snow. what's your thoughts tonight?

Hi yes was a pretty good day all in all. I am no expert at all, but that wraparound is looking 'fairly' likely to hit us I would say, and hopefully those temps and dew points should drop so more potential for us. Prob around midnight onwards. I know the met office have us just about under the amber warning. Keeping a close eye on this low now so another few hours of radar watching. Whatever we get I have a feeling it could be a slippery journey out of stevenage in the morning. At least once I hit the a1m its well gritted.

Slight thaw going on here at the moment so hope those temps/dp's drop soon.

Edited by Hearts in Herts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Hi yes was a pretty good day all in all. I am no expert at all, but that wraparound is looking 'fairly' likely to hit us I would say, and hopefully those temps and dew points should drop so more potential for us. Prob around midnight onwards. I know the met office have us just about under the amber warning. Keeping a close eye on this low now so another few hours of radar watching. Whatever we get I have a feeling it could be a slippery journey out of stevenage in the morning. At least once I hit the a1m its well gritted.

Slight thaw going on here at the moment so hope those temps/dp's drop soon.

I hope it does a bit more be great and the week is looking cold so always a good chance. drive careful :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Already there is precipitation heading south to the west of Lincoln/around the wash....hopefully the temps will drop off a bit....seems to be slowly melting here from the ground up :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

With the temp and dew point still on the rise here, I'm hoping that the showers that are heading our way from the north west do miss us!

Still hoping for the 'wrap-around' will do what we are all willing it to do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and Sunny. Cold Frosty/Snow

Started snowing again here in MK quite heavy although nothing sticking at the moment due to a slight thaw, but temperatures are dropping so fingers crossed for a top up on the overnight accumulations.

Edited by Lammie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Start snowing again here in MK quite heavy although nothing sticking at the moment due to a slight thaw, but temperatures are dropping so fingers crossed for a top up on the overnight accumulations.

You beat me to it Lammie good.gif

Looks like I will be lamppost watching again, I would have missed it if there hadn't of been rubbish to put out !

Posted

Due point in Colchester currently 1oC so the thaw will continue round these parts for a while yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

You beat me to it Lammie good.gif

Looks like I will be lamppost watching again, I would have missed it if there hadn't of been rubbish to put out !

send it this way pls good.gif

Posted

I think it's all over ..it is for me now..2c forecast. All night ...then it all ramps up again for Friday, same problem it comes from the west with to much milder air mixed in...One question where was the beast from the East...that's a real winter blast