Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

It's white in whaddon :) Sounds like theres a bit of a melt going on at the moment, the clouds are breaking up though so that should soon stop. That'll leave me with the joy of a journey to Aylesbury tomorrow morning with lots of ice. Might start a sweepy on cars in hedgerows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

Those of you asking about the wrap-around:

http://www.raintoday.co.uk

Look up to the NE of England, its happening now

Interest for me is potential intensification as it moves through into the wash - no guarantees, just a theory!

Whole lot will sink south, should head to this region (assuming it doesn't fizzle out or change track) around midnight

SK

SK If it is moving through the wash will it impact on Norfolk?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

It's now raining lightly in Luton sad.png

Yep I think we have some sort of warm sectror over us at the moment, +2 outside at the moment and a thaw going on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

got some light rain here which is odd considering there is about 7cm of snow on the ground....i was always under the impression the temps drop when the sun goes down....can anyone explain? thanks

Posted

Looks like the wraparound is starting to appear near Newcastle upon tyne. The PPN on the western flank is starting to move in a S/SW direction.

I dont think thats the wrap, just coastal showers due to the easterly wind up there. Pretty slack flow hence not making it far inland.

When the wraparound starts properly it'll make it much further inland

Edited by Grinzzz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

Yep I think we have some sort of warm sectror over us at the moment, +2 outside at the moment and a thaw going on.

I know just nipped out side and all I could hear was drip drip drip :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just sleet over here...I guess there's always hope of it turning to snow for a while - before the wind melts it all away by the morning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Chalk I am in Kesgrave! Hello fellow Keagravian!!

Hello!! Nice to see someone else from the fastest growing small town in the Ipswich area! smile.png

Must admit I was not happy cycling home in rain, but it's all tunred around nice and quickly that's for sure!cold.gif

Posted

Interest for me is potential intensification as it moves through into the wash - no guarantees, just a theory!

Whole lot will sink south, should head to this region (assuming it doesn't fizzle out or change track) around midnight

SK

Hi SK,

That matches the BBC thoughts on TV too :-)

Edited by Dexter29

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Work in Chelmsford and hardly anything there, got home and about 2cm on grass and cars etc. Not overwhelming to be honest, but interesting for an hour or so about 3pm. Hoping for a breakdown at end of the week as I hate cold & dry/showery weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Nothing going on here, Not happy about the rain reports in luton... temp has risen from 0.2 to 1.4 in the past hour. onions

Posted

Brummies appear to be getting some at the moment, looks like it's hitting them from the cheshire gap. So still some cold air lurking to the west as well as the east.

Posted

I dont think thats the wrap, just coastal showers due to the easterly wind up there. Pretty slack flow hence not making it far inland.

When the wraparound starts properly it'll make it much further inland

This is the wrap around, frontal band starting to pull back West, low center sits just under Middlesborough and is sinking SE.

Posted

SK If it is moving through the wash will it impact on Norfolk?

Most likely - but its a very unpredictable situation. If it makes it to the wash though then it would be difficult for it to miss Norfolk without some serious fragmentation

SK

Posted

SK

It's all starting to look a bit marginal at the moment, -4 uppers flirting with the south east at present so lets hope that

if we do get a decent wrap-around there are no warm sectors involved. currently +2 here.

Posted

Nothing here. Surely the dewpoints later will certainly provide snow if precip is forthcoming.

yoy would think so wouldn't you? but who knows at the min everything is proving to be so marginal

Posted

Nothing going on here, Not happy about the rain reports in luton... temp has risen from 0.2 to 1.4 in the past hour. onions

your not happy and im definatly not!!cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

looks like we might see some snow from midnight to 3am.....BBC shows it as snow...lets hope

Posted

This is the wrap around, frontal band starting to pull back West, low center sits just under Middlesborough and is sinking SE.

Ahh I get it now, so it's a low all down the east coast thats causing it? I only managed to glimpse a few graphics today and thought it was going to come from a small low pressure centre - whats actually there must be much more elongated.

Posted

My hometown of Yarm in northmost N Yorks has been absolutely pasted today. The gloating text messages from my parents who are retired. I'm slightly in the wrong thread here, but in Rushden we still have about 5-6cm on the grass. Slush on pavements - though not where the snow settled this morning and this wetter snow settled atop - although some showers are pushing in from the NW. Started to thaw quite quickly as soon as it stopped, got up to 1.5C at 4pm.

Posted

your not happy and im definatly not!!cray.gif

This was always forecast to be the mildest day of the week, -8 uppers should be with us tomorrow good.gif