• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

It felt very disappointing on Monday knowing one week in advanced with cold in place that it was going to snow. Expectations where quite high, however to go through this week having -3/-5 possible in London to only get rain on Friday/Saturday would make me feel very annoyed. If it rains, I'll just live with it like I have since April as that's all it has done.

If it snows and we get blizzards because of the conditions I will be like a big child....

Kill joy.. fool.gifgood.gifacute.gif

@ Roibbie Garret seriously not going to happen the cold is now embedded and will get colder as week goes on the fight between cold and mild will i think be epic and has a tinge of 1987 about it

It's a week away, front might not go that far...

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted

Just watch and enjoy the models, breath deeply and don't get stressed by the rise and fall of emotions and keep your thoughts about this weekend away from family and friends until Friday lunchtime!!!!

Too late have already informed my work colleagues to keep an eye on Friday - and hopefully work from home (ie. dont get caught in the City on Friday night)

Posted

These charts or any for that matter out past 72 hours in a cold snowy environment is pure FI. I really hope it happens but worried its showing too early and models change back. Eyes and fingers crossed it stays....getting funny looks but who cares lol

Posted

Where's Yamkin and Steve Murr when you need them?

I am picturing Yamkin at the wheel of his gritter, wheel spinning and handbrake turning through the streets of Croydon, a whoopin' and a hollerin', with Steve M riding shotgun!

Posted

Well well.

IF and a huge IF those GFS & UKMO charts come off for Friday, ALL of us will have 5-10cm+ of laying snow. No marginality at all. Temps below freezing, dew points below freezing. Windchill around -8c. Snow blowing about. etc etc.

Quite chilly by Sat night as well..

114-583.GIF?15-12

Great to look at. But a sense of realism is needed. Charts like that are like 1 in 15 years type stuff. A real throw back to the 80's.

We could get lucky. But the chances are quite small as Fergie has already said...."Low probability, High Impact"

Lot's more hours of chart watching to get through yet. Expect upgrades and more likely downgrades. If it doesn't downgrade, then well we are on the cusp of one of the greatest winter moments in modern times.

I just wish this was at T+24.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

temps back below freezing now at -0.1c

remains cloudy but dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Woop, woop! I don't care if it all changes (well... I do) I'm just gonna enjoy this whether it's fi or not, don't show me any more runs, let me just bathe in this potential til Friday (where I will have ample amounts of vodka to rejoice or soothe with) might even add a little something to Coasts excitement puddle....

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Not sure why we are so focused for Friday when we could have nearly 10cm+ on a doorstep if the wind switches ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

Well well.

IF and a huge IF those GFS & UKMO charts come off for Friday, ALL of us will have 5-10cm+ of laying snow.

Quite chilly by Sat night as well..

I just wish this was at T+24.

A watched pot never boils!

Posted

might even add a little something to Coasts excitement puddle....

laugh.png Come and join me then! (Vodka is on you :winky:)

Edited by Coast

Posted

Where in east London are you based?

Probably a sensible option considering the last few occasions!

Very near Canary Wharf, let's just say ha

Yeah, I don't want to be disappointed and see the models downgrade the weekend event over time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

What are the predictions of the event on Friday, how far east will go before it stalls? Swindon? Reading? or West London?

Penzance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Not sure why we are so focused for Friday when we could have nearly 10cm+ on a doorstep if the wind switches tease.gif

Is it due to?

Posted

Not sure why we are so focused for Friday when we could have nearly 10cm+ on a doorstep if the wind switches tease.gif

Agree - although it is fairly likely its just Kent and mainly E Kent at risk. But exciting for us anyway & BBC have even kept mentioning this in their forecasts today ( which will prob ruin any chance we did have !!!! )

Posted

It felt very disappointing on Monday knowing one week in advanced with cold in place that it was going to snow. Expectations where quite high, however to go through this week having -3/-5 possible in London to only get rain on Friday/Saturday would make me feel very annoyed. If it rains, I'll just live with it like I have since April as that's all it has done.

If it snows and we get blizzards because of the conditions I will be like a big child....

It's a week away, front might not go that far...

Huh?

It's Tuesday today so Friday is 3 days away!

We should remain cautious of course but these charts are now coming into the 72hr range which is fantastic bearing in mind we are normally chasing the cold from +144 and beyond!

M

Edited by Matty J

Posted

@ Roibbie Garret seriously not going to happen the cold is now embedded and will get colder as week goes on the fight between cold and mild will i think be epic and has a tinge of 1987 about it

87, in what way? IRC Snowstorms of 1987 came off East winds with a front moving up from the SE. The battle ground was not til later in the week, but don't remeber what happened, probably ended the freeze??

Edited by Halling Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Is it due to?

Yes but not till much later tonight :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Yes but not till much later tonight smile.png

Not another night radar watching? I best kip downstairs tonight!

...bty,is that neil off OcUK? :)