Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 16/01/13, 12z Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Do you think you will do any good out of this or not?

I don't see why not as this is the perfect set up for the whole region, some of the best snowfalls here have been from this exact situation. We need stalled intense ppn smile.png

The only minor concern will be how much intensity the front can maintain and how far into the block it can progress, all looking fine atm.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

High confidence? Certainly not, I'm ramping, but I'm being cautious.

post-8895-0-48165500-1358371245_thumb.pn

Posted

Nothing really has changed, no point in speculating really. Can only really be forcast more when reliable data comes out for Friday. At the moment were still in line for lots of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

In a blizzard condition the snow can actually scratch your face just like sand. I experienced it when I traveled to sweden. just to bare in mind.

Posted

It's quite unusual that i have heard nothing through work , i work for the NHS and we usually get notified of any forecast severe weather so that contingency plans can be made , however not a peep so far , in fact if it wasn't for me everyone would be non the wiser....oh god i'm gonna feel such a prat on Friday when it rainscray.gif

I work for the railways and had emails regarding Friday, they get their forecasts/alerts from meteo group and are fairly confident of disruptions!

Edited by Cheshire Gap

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold please!

OH MY GOD. HERE'S IAN.F'S LATEST FORECAST. LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAYS AT THE END OF THE FORECAST. WOW!!!!!!!!

http://www.facebook....&type=2

Dianne should be sacked, the quality of that forecast is genius. Pressure, humidity, snow levels. Brilliant!

Posted

I just got out of a work meeting and as a manager to a large retail, I just had to re do rotas to people who live in walking distance as the snow is apparently coming and coming badly according to Wigan highways.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I don't see why not as this is the perfect set up for the whole region, some of the best snowfalls here have been from this exact situation. We need stalled intense ppn smile.png

The only minor concern will be how much intensity the front can maintain and how far into the block it can progress, all looking fine atm.

I have to admit i am slightly worried about intensity levels from an IMBY point of view but any further westward correction and it would put others in jepardy too.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

I just got out of a work meeting and as a manager to a large retail, I just had to re do rotas to people who live in walking distance as the snow is apparently coming and coming badly according to Wigan highways.

Any jobs going mate?

Posted

High confidence? Certainly not, I'm ramping, but I'm being cautious.

post-8895-0-48165500-1358371245_thumb.pn

Backtrack ramping and being cautious, surely not?! I'm sure you mentioned a foot of snow earlier lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

It's quite unusual that i have heard nothing through work , i work for the NHS and we usually get notified of any forecast severe weather so that contingency plans can be made , however not a peep so far , in fact if it wasn't for me everyone would be non the wiser....oh god i'm gonna feel such a prat on Friday when it rainscray.gif

My wife works in NHS/Lancs CC and they did get a heads up apparantly.

Posted

Backtrack ramping and being cautious, surely not?! I'm sure you mentioned a foot of snow earlier lol

Haha, yeah! Unlikely but still possible. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees, thunderstorms and heavy snow

Dianne should be sacked, the quality of that forecast is genius. Pressure, humidity, snow levels. Brilliant!

I've got a feeling she is just a 'presenter' and has no interest in meteorology whatsoever.

Posted

My wife works in NHS/Lancs CC and they did get a heads up apparantly.

my mate works in the gynacology department and he got a head up today as well rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
That is a superb satellite sequence , i'm gonna bookmark that page

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Just let them have the day off.. no customers would be in anyway.. and.. lets face it, the night staff wont bother going in..you know what theyre like?

Posted

Okay guys, eyes down for the only drunken model run of the day. The not so reliable 18z!

Posted

NAE made another westward correction according to the MOD, anyone looked?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

In a blizzard condition the snow can actually scratch your face just like sand. I experienced it when I traveled to sweden. just to bare in mind.

Were you on a beach by any chance?rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

my mate works in the gynacology department and he got a head up today as well rofl.gif

Hope he's not the cleaner.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I have to admit i am slightly worried about intensity levels from an IMBY point of view but any further westward correction and it would put others in jepardy too.

in this situation we have to hope they have got the orange area spot on, the precipitation will be weakening and it may empty the last of its efforts on us to get over the Pennines.

I reckon we have about 15 mile to play with which isn't much but if you think to yesterday we had 0 to play with for a yellow warning, things have upgraded today.