Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 17th Januray 2013, 12z Onwards

Brad lough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Right, I've just arrived near the brecon beacons. My w.end walking and camping begins! Hoping to get a few snow pics. Just hope my tent doesn't leak!

Camping on the Beacons in a red weather warning combined with strong winds? You are mad. Hope you're mobile is working when you get to the top of Pen-Y-Fan otherwise the mountain rescue wont be any help...

Edited by Catacol_Highlander

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

I'm a 90s kid so didn't experience the 80's, I was born just after the infamous January 1987 event!

That year we had 6 foot icicles hanging on back of housecold.gif

Posted

Here is the prediction of where things should be come midnight.

post-7183-0-72518000-1358465846_thumb.pnpost-7183-0-20464200-1358465847_thumb.pn

Bear in mind, the only snowfall being reported right now is over the higher parts of Dartmoor and from the bits and pieces well ahead of the main band.

Now, make up your own minds as to whether things are on track, I guess they are. sorry.gif

A massive development for me would be seeing the first sign of the sleet over the moors to officially turn pink (snow). As suggested in the midnight image you posted...

Edited by Paul T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold WInters, Hot & Thundery Summers

I think that our Cornish friends deserve to stand up and take a bow for wishing us further East good luck . Respect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

I dont think I can stay up... might try and snooze in bed until 3am to catch the start. Good luck all - here's to a white out morning tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

Only joking!!!! Lol I'm not that crazy!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

@marknealweather on Twitter has the most beautiful radar image on his timeline, seriously gorgeous.

I have added his name as don't want to steal his grab, it seems rude. But if you have twitter then go and look. smile.png

Edit> Doh! Just seen that he is a member on here. If he made his twitter name and netweather name clearer then I may have made the connection ;) lol

Haha. Share away :-) temperatures slowly decreasing here. 0.7c now and Dewpoint of -1.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Does anyone have a link to the rough snow times please? I probably should go to bed but I want to see the snow start.

http://forum.netweat...60#entry2522875

Or even

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75613-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-discussion-17th-januray-2013-12z-onwards/page__st__940#entry2522865

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I think that our Cornish friends deserve to stand up and take a bow for wishing us further East good luck . Respect.

Thanks, we are all frustrated down here that we are missing out, but hey we'll get another chance I hope. Enjoy it, you are in for something special.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Right thats me done for now. Hopefully I will be able to sleep and awake to a winter wonderland and happy children.

Posted

Yup enjoy your snow our chance will come, what i am seeing and hearing outside now gives me goose bumps knowing what it's gonna dump on you lot up east let the good times roll :)

Edited by Couger

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Right, I've just arrived near the brecon beacons. My w.end walking and camping begins! Hoping to get a few snow pics. Just hope my tent doesn't leak!

My god, you will drink some bovril this weekend. Best construct an igloo on arrival forget the tent.

Posted

SNOW here under my lamp post still really light though. Starting to pick up a little bit.

Keep reporting Lee.

Good to know it's made landfall.

Posted

AMEN. I was thinking this ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

Good night people, I iz cream crackered !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Yup enjoy your snow our chance will come, what i am seeing and hearing outside now gives me goose bumps knowing what it's gonna dump on you lot up east let the good times roll smile.png

Fair play to all the cornish folk wishing us luck. You will get your chance, that is for damn sure. This cold spell isn't going away for a while.

Same here BoD. Torch reconnaissance mission returned almost zero flakage and just a dusting on cars etc.

Same here.... but from what the folk in cornwall are saying it looks like its going to hit bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yep and as if they really need the further deluges coming their way, either. help.gif

I also wish them some sunny clear skies with brisk Easterly winds, should they not join in with the snowfest in the coming weeks. hi.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

An absolute mass of precipitation in the south west approaches now showing on raintoday radar.

Including a number of purple patches - indicates some heavy pulses starting to gather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very heavy downpours of rain here with very strong gusts of wind.