Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 17th Januray 2013, 12z Onwards

Brad lough

Posted

I have thrown all of my eggs into one basket and have just cracked open bottle of wine number 2. Believe me if we don't get snowed off tomorrow then Ian Fergusson is going to get all sorts of abuse from me! biggrin.png

Not just me then! I am on No2 too and I am doomed if this event doesn't happen! I don't 'have' to go to work tomorrow but said I would (self emp) and I hate letting people down so I am really hoping to wake up to knee deep snow, school closed and blizzards!

I really miss those blizzards we had as kids :( It's just not the same nowadays :(

Posted

I have already decided I will not teach tomorrow. If it rains and all goes pearshaped I'm whacking on the video. Assuming we have snow then I'm assuming all the kids will want to stay at home and enjoy it - and parents arent going to fight their way through blizzards in an attempt to change their minds!

Wish there were more like you! Our teachers are stubborn buggars and will turn up come hell or high water :/

We would all love a snow day so the more teachers that can't get in, the better!

Edited by Sungirl

Posted

Right I'm in bed TV on and Ipad on and ready for a all-nighter. Haha I'm a crazy bleeeeeeep.

Radar watch time, the best way from now on I got a radar which shows me rain or snow, that's all I need.

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

I heard on the bbc that the south west are due rain intially & then it bumps into the cold air from the east & bingo u get your snow & lots of it ,enjoy good.gif

oh by the way i was just having a nose at your guys chat ,but now im off back to the other side lol

Posted

I have already decided I will not teach tomorrow. If it rains and all goes pearshaped I'm whacking on the video. Assuming we have snow then I'm assuming all the kids will want to stay at home and enjoy it - and parents arent going to fight their way through blizzards in an attempt to change their minds!

*writes DVD in planning book* :D

Maybe something to fit in with current Lit, Matilda will do :D

Sungirl> Are you a supply teacher? In which case I probably know you, we have loads of supply at my place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Just been out... Not nice hear now. Wet, Dank, Horible Cold, Dreary Rain. Blustery too. 5.2 Degrees.

Posted

I really miss those blizzards we had as kids :( It's just not the same nowadays :(

Those blizzards of the late 70s/early 80s?

I was in my late teens/early 20s then - they were special, for sure!

Posted

dewpoint dropping like a stone - now at 0.3 but temp is still at 4.3 ??

As long as the Dew P drops its fine :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Everything in small doses!

We have very wet sleet in Salisbury. I'm worried that when the snow comes it will be too wet to stick! I'm working until 3 tonight so it's nice to have some company waiting for things to happen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Just been out... Not nice hear now. Wet, Dank, Horible Cold, Dreary Rain. Blustery too. 5.2 Degrees.

Thats rubbish.... sorry mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Those blizzards of the late 70s/early 80s?

I was in my late teens/early 20s then - they were special, for sure!

i remember 1985, I was five then but always think we are well overdue a winter like that.

Posted

You'll probably be kept up all night instead. rofl.gif

Over the worst of that thank god as she is 6 months now. Juat woke.her.for a.last feed rather than chance being woken at 4am lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

With the amount of teachers on this board, it sounds like you are all more excited than the childrenlaugh.png

Posted

*writes DVD in planning book* biggrin.png

Maybe something to fit in with current Lit, Matilda will do biggrin.png

Sungirl> Are you a supply teacher? In which case I probably know you, we have loads of supply at my place.

No! not a teacher at all! Just would rather my kids were at home tomorrow to enjoy the snow, and that would give me the day off work! I don't usually work Fridays and don't have to, but said I would... I can take the kids with me if needs be, but a proper snow day would be perfect!

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Partial dustings here from the light snow that's been on and off since mid-afternoon, more off than on during this evening, but seems to be getting more organised on the Wiltshire/Gloucestershire border to the West, this is well before the main band is due by 7am.

Posted

Hmmmm away watching this as concerned about getting back...reports of rain surprising..is it not the low dragging warm temps before it bumps cold?

Posted

i remember 1985, I was five then but always think we are well overdue a winter like that.

I remember the blizzards of the 80's, school closures and epic snowfalls. Loved it. What happened to those?, lol