Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 17th Januray 2013, 12z Onwards

Brad lough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

I think that our Cornish friends deserve to stand up and take a bow for wishing us further East good luck . Respect.

I'll take it you include south Devon in that also ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Definite change in wind direction taking place here, gone from coming in from 165 to 148n Degrees SSE, hoping the DP's and Temps now fall, been stuck at 4.9C and 0.3DP for a while now.

Posted

Right, I've just arrived near the brecon beacons. My w.end walking and camping begins! Hoping to get a few snow pics. Just hope my tent doesn't leak!

hope you were joking there fred! my brother works for search and rescue on anglesey and they dispise people doing such things

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

That's just us.... Your friendly Cornish people.

And yes it's going to be a long winter but as for now you good people in the east are set for one hell of a ride..... There is still a slim chance of seeing some of the white stuff for us a little later lol.

Stay safe

Posted

:

Same here BoD. Torch reconnaissance mission returned almost zero flakage and just a dusting on cars etc.

still got time to pop out for some bread then.

Posted

Keep reporting Lee.

Good to know it's made landfall.

Will do. Seems to of gone quiet now though. But notice the front has slowed somewhat.

Lee

Posted

That's just us.... Your friendly Cornish people.

And yes it's going to be a long winter but as for now you good people in the east are set for one hell of a ride..... There is still a slim chance of seeing some of the white stuff for us a little later lol.

Stay safe

Yup we never know things could turn for us yet we all know how unpredictable the weather is lately

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Hour are two till the fun and games begin! Also Monday possible reload for some of us :)

Think Momday is likely to be more of a northern event rather than another round for us down here. That's how it looks currently, although things probably will change over the weekend so you never know.

All looks symmetric with the NAE so far. Front will probably start to slow down now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold WInters, Hot & Thundery Summers

I'll take it you include south Devon in that also tease.gif

And Newton Abbot most likely :-( !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm starting to wish this detritus currently over more central parts would bugger off.

Is this simply going to be pushed out of the way, its bloody just keeping my Temps up for now, I'd prefer clear skies.

0.6c AT, -0.2c DP, 1010.2mb rapidly falling barometer trend.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Thanks. smile.png

Once I am asleep waking up will be a problem lol. Maybe I should crack the blackberry vodka and go for gold.

Are you me? Once asleep i am virtually in a coma and preferably would crack open a bottle rather than head to bed! Esp when this epic weather is about to hit us! Such poor timing when us mortals need to sleep when it is dark!

Right, I've just arrived near the brecon beacons. My w.end walking and camping begins! Hoping to get a few snow pics. Just hope my tent doesn't leak!

I thought you were serious until I read your next post! I was thinking WTF is that lunatic doing?!!!

Absolutely naff all happening here. The few flakes of snow that were falling have stopped (for now!)

Posted

the 18z shows a less snowy outcome over next few days, is this correct now? it was due to snow all tomorrow and into saturday, now we are seeing half a day of snow tomorrow and all clear on saturday?

Posted

And Newton Abbot most likely :-( !!

Ooooh.. you'll be borderline there.

Posted

I'm starting to wish this detritus currently over more central parts would bugger off.

Is this simply going to be pushed out of the way, its simply keeping my Temps up for now, I'd prefer clear skies.

totally agree we really need some clear skies to freeze this lot other wise we will pay for it i think.

so wet out there , heres hoping

good luck all

see what the morning brings!!!

Posted

Temp 3.2c with a Dew point of -2.4c. Just come in from being out, most areas are now around 3c with the rain/sleet now stopped. Gritters are going crazy and taking no chances, dropping lots of grit!

SM

Posted

What is the ETA in Southampton. . . . . Is it about 6am or before that do you reckon, think I'll need to go to bed!!!!!

Posted

Is this simply going to be pushed out of the way, its bloody just keeping my Temps up for now, I'd prefer clear skies.

With all your hard work and enthusiasm in this thread over the last couple of days and your humour, I cannot think of anyone better to recieve a great big dumping of the white stuff. Good luck.