Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion - 17th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Snowing steady here. Mosr snow i've seen in years. Most schools in Walsall Borough are closed or are closing. Haven't seen a bus all day. Dangerous conditions outside, gritters cant keep up.

Posted

Just been on my own arctic expedition to the local Tesco. Really great! Snow still coming down and main roads covered. Saw a few abandoned cars and some struggling up a slight incline near the shops. It's amazing how dodgy the roads can get if you don't drive a 4x4! Luckily I was you yomping through the 6 inches on foot so I loved it ;)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Looks a decent fall for Coventry in the end (long way to go too!), several inches by the looks:

http://bws.users.netlink.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Heavy snow here continues. Looking at latest charts it looks good for Sunday evening now too :-)

Yep, looks like we could get some more from France!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

It's been absolutely belting it down here for the past couple of hours. Classic snow event in the making!

Bish

Just passed a Beamer abandoned in a hedge on Lady Byron lane.

And so it begins........

Posted

Which way is the wind going ne,sw,nw lol how long do you think this will last I'm in south staffordshire ?

Posted

NW Coventry

Ah Coundon, Allesley and Keresley always copped the most being higher up! Great photo!

Posted

Which way is the wind going ne,sw,nw lol how long do you think this will last I'm in south staffordshire ?

SE/ESE at the moment, will turn increasingly easterly through the day.

Down to -1.5c here now and falling slowly, snow is light but strong winds blowing it around, Sunday's event one to watch, tracking further west with each run, let's hope

it continues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Must be 5cm now, still coming down, all the buses in Shrewsbury have been stopped. Last time I remember that happening was Feb 07.

Same here....not just Shrewsbury, its all the buses for Shropshire run by Arriva. Same thing in Telford as well

Were in a good position now for more looking at the radar and how the pivot is developing, and showers to the south and towards telford are pepping up more...

Cant stop looking at the radar today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Yep, looks like we could get some more from France!

Yeah it could be best few days of wintery weather that I have seen, or remember since I'm only 25

Posted

So how long should this last in telford

How long is a piece of string? Lets say they this, you are sat right in the middle of the band and its stalling so my estimate snow on and off until midnight.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter long heavy snow! & warm summer days

still going here in stoke, smaller flakes but persistent long may it continue especially as we all have a dollop or two acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter long heavy snow! & warm summer days

likewise here only went to the shop spent more time pushing cars than getting shopping! good job 4 out of 5 roads were being kept clear Lol main (A road) looks like a ski slope!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

14cms of level snow here in Heath Hayes currently, snow eased off a bit in last hour so for now the rate of accumulation has slowed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

about to go and venture the lickey hills! will try take some photos

Posted

Latest report 12.5 cm of level snow over 25cm in some drifts . All nice powdery snow just cleared car and recovered within 2 mins small flakes but heavy current temp -2.5c

Posted

Well you have done better than parts of west Wales in the WM, a reasonable 9cm here, slight thaw underway, but further snow flurries now.