Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion - 17th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

Fizzled out into fine flurries here now, the Shropshire gap now forming on the radar, hopefully something can spring up again.

Posted

Working from home now, measured snow depth it has drifted a bit but I tried to pick as average a spot as possible, level snow equates to somewhere between 5 and 7 inches (12.5 to 18 cm) it is very powdery so it will consolidate down as time goes by but I am still impressed, and it is still snowing a little.

Posted

I have to say, this is magnificent. Far exceeded my expectations.

And just think: whatever falls today will most likely stay around for several days - the latest Met Office 5 day forecast for Solihull shows max temps of zero up to & including Tuesday! No major thaw on the way smile.png

post-13544-0-10645000-1358517747_thumb.j

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Fizzled out into fine flurries here now, the Shropshire gap now forming on the radar, hopefully something can spring up again.

Not a Shropshire thing, more a West Midlands thing, big gaps forming in the radar over Wolves/Walsall and starting to extend to Telford.

Were still getting light flurries, but suspect this is the start of a general break up in this area.

That said there are some big snow showers over the Welsh boarders to the west, but there not getting here very quickly..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very rare to see a snow symbol for every day of the forecast Bish. Same for back home too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing very hard in coventry in the last hour main roads coverd side roads are packed with snow funny how this time yesterday i would of been happy with a cm or two now theres 10cms outside lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

So how's it going back in my old stomping ground?.....all snowed in?...hope so!....down here in Wiltshire it's not been too shabby at all, 12cm of level, with higher drifts and it hasn't stopped yet!...

Anyhoos, I'll start you all a shiny new thread soon, so please finish off any posts...ta!

Posted

Very rare to see a snow symbol for every day of the forecast Bish. Same for back home too!

Yep, in fact I don't think I've ever seen that before! Fingers crossed you'll see some action soon good.gif

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok chaps & ladies....new thread here ---->

locking this in a mo

Posted

12cm of level snow here on the patio table, much deeper on the grass though (not measured). Snow has eased a bit but still moderate. Radar not looking so good now as earlier. Still really pleased with the amount though.

Roads around Lichfield gridlocked!

TCBTS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Well that's lunch out the way, time to take the little one in the garden for his first taste of snow, he was 2 in August, currently he's up the lounge window repeating 'snow' and pointing :-)

Posted

ok, locked now, if anyone wants a post transferred to the new thread then let me know good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I have to say, this is magnificent. Far exceeded my expectations.

And just think: whatever falls today will most likely stay around for several days - the latest Met Office 5 day forecast for Solihull shows max temps of zero up to & including Tuesday! No major thaw on the way smile.png

post-13544-0-10645000-1358517747_thumb.j

Bish

I'm so glad our snow shield caved in. The snow came down quite nicely this morning as I looked out the window, and having been outside, would say there is around 10 to 12cm on the ground already. Pretty decent really. :)