Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 17th January 2013 onwards

The watcher

Posted

right im away to bed. temp currently 5.1c so still a long way to go. good luck with the snow all!

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

the first cold drops of rain are falling in S Tyrone and the wind has just dropped a little ...

Posted

Sceptical for my coastal location in Dublin. Suspect sleet and maybe snow at times tomorrow. Certainly nothing tonight. The wind does coastal areas no favors at all.

This is suppose to be the game tomorrow

13011812_1718.gif

With the wind i'm struggling to see it in my location.

Wicklow is going to get HAMMERED - EXPECT SNOW IN FEET NOT INCHES. It's already falling on the mountains i'd say.

Edited by The Eagle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I'm off too, get up a little earlier to lamppost watch and grab a coffee before work. Back at 7ish.

Posted

I'm off too, get up a little earlier to lamppost watch and grab a coffee before work. Back at 7ish.

Just want to say nice gif.

Edited by The Eagle

Posted

Where do u expect will see the most snow tomorrow?

Ulster inland and North Leinster inland. In terms of actual amounts high ground in Wicklow will get the most. Not saying no snow on wind ward coasts but the strength of the wind suggests it's extremely marginal and probably wrong side for pure snow.

Edited by The Eagle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,windstorms

An update I found online http://irelandsweath...ng/snow-risk-2/

It conflicts with the NIW update which showed much of the extreme north in a yellow warning as opposed to the red one here

Anyone got any thoughts on it's credentials?

Edited by Beaufort12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

rain succssfully repulsed ,, off to bed .. good white.? nite

Posted

Gosh this is hard keeping track of what's going on - wasn't it Mid/East Ulster/N.I to get the worst of it - now apparently it's up North/West ..\

so confusing blush.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,windstorms

Snap. I live in donegal but only only 5mile from castlederg in tyrone so I should be alright for a couple of inches going on any of those forecasts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

My first post on the regional thread and have to say it's been more than exciting reading through all previous posts. This thread rarely sees such excitement. Oh and thanks Nialler for the "Sky +" incident, my heart near stopped after reading thatrofl.gif . All n all though tomorrow looking great for you guys up north, I wish yous all the best and hope it all goes as expected. For me in north Meath it's a now cast situation, all down to where that rain/snow line ends up but I'm optimistic. Scenarios like this are very difficult to pin down with precision and its likely the snow could extend further than predicted but just as likely to go the other way. Whatever the outcome it's been an epic week of model watching (and lurking)and it's far from over.

Anyway time to TRY get some sleep, anticipation has me wired and the noise of the wind and rain isn't helping much. Best of luck to all and stay safegood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

This is very useful to those of you looking for real-time charts. It overlooks all of Ireland and UK. Just move muose over the wind arrows to see latest temp/dew point/wind/etc. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Posted

Temperatures falling. Dublin airport now 4c.

According to a report on boards.ie Dun Laoghaire peer has dropped from 6.3 to 4.5 in an hour. That's a peer in the Irish sea.

Edited by The Eagle

Posted

Getting closer but need another sharp drop. Definitely feels colder now.

Wind is still strong though and this is not good for Dublin.

DP at Pheonix park in Dublin now 0.8c. Temp 4c.

Edited by The Eagle