Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 17th January 2013 onwards

The watcher

Posted

It has been Lashing sleety rain here all day and its absolutely hammering down right now.... BIG disappointment when you consider there's blizzards going on only a healthy cycle away. Id say im happy for others 40 miles up the road but im not. Its cold but its not bitter enough, i am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,windstorms

No real snow to talk of in east Donegal as of it,it's occasionally spitting wet snow but I feel we need more intense precipitation to get in on the action

The radar doesn't look too helpful on that matter tbh all in the east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow
http://online-cue.com/images/snow5.jpg Snow all over the garden :D was lovely to wake up too. The rain last night was really heavy while I was at work, sounded like the roof was going to cave in.

Posted

Braved the elements and took the tape measure out to the patio and there's just over a couple of inches lying at the minute. Looking at the radar there's a fair old amount to come yet too.

Posted

Braved the elements and took the tape measure out to the patio and there's just over a couple of inches lying at the minute. Looking at the radar there's a fair old amount to come yet too.

I am in the same location and on a hill, it's blizzard conditions- the wind is blowing snow everywhere! So far I'd say 2 inches

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

total white out in Pomeroy, a good couple of cm's the roads are tricky so take care folks

p.s.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts

good man pomeroy.good.gif

overcast and dank here. but cold outside temp 2.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Aw-oh, electrics starting to flicker, This could get bad :o. Still snowing down, not too heavy but it hasn't stopped yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Aw-oh, electrics starting to flicker, This could get bad ohmy.png. Still snowing down, not too heavy but it hasn't stopped yet.

yep same thing happening here. candles at the ready.

Posted

Currently 3,000 homes without power and flights apparently being diverted from belfast city and unable to land at belfast international

Posted

Looking at Met Office radar it looks like its going to snow over Northern Ireland all night? Some very heavy snow showers! Is this correct?! :-o

Posted

Traffic chaos in Castlereagh. For anyone in the area thinking of driving up the Saintfield Road (that's probably you, MS) - don't. It's gridlocked. Lights flickering so candles are to hand. And still it falls . . . . with a fair bit to come by the look of the radar.

Great news that Dublin area is getting snow.

Edited by skywatcher

Posted

Seems flights to belfast int are getting diverted to Dublin.

Posted

Snowtams from Belfast

-SNOWTAM-EGAC BELFAST CITY

SWEG0001 EGAC 01181627 (SNOWTAM 0001 A)

EGAC B ) 01181627 C) 04 F) 6/6/6 G) 3/3/3 H) 3/1/1 S) 01181730

T) AIRFIELD SNOCLO. NEXT INFORMATION 1730.)

3 mm of slush on runway. Braking action medium to poor. Airport closed.

-SNOWTAM-EGAA BELFAST ALDERGROVE

SWEG0002 EGAA 01181615 (SNOWTAM 0002 A)

EGAA B ) 01181615 C) 07 F) 6/6/6 G) 3/3/5 H)9/9/9 T) D:FULL)

3-5 mm of slush on runway. Baking action unreliable. Airport full

Edited by Su Campu

Posted

It's not snowing where I am, and I'm a lot further away from the sea and higher up than Malahide!!! Sleet is mostly gone now and mostly rain...

I live in hope...

Posted

Roads out of Belfast are bad.

I came up castlereagh and newtownards roads. Slippy with the slush on road. Castlereagh hills completely covered. Looking forward to waking up tomorrow.

Have to take sis into town for a concert. Gonna be fun. Left my big winter jacket in cafe next to work. All in all, not a great start to the weekend. Just glad there's snow though.

Posted

Belfast TAFs

CITY

TAF EGAC 181705Z 1818/1822 12018KT 0800 RASN -SN SCT004 BKN008 TEMPO 1818/1822 12021G33KT 0300 SN BKN002 PROB30 1818/1822 2000 BR=

300 m visibility in moderate snow after 6 pm. Winds gusting to 33 kt so blizzard conditions.

ALDERGROVE

TAF EGAA 181705Z 1818/1918 13018KT 2000 -SN BKN005 BKN012 TEMPO 1818/1904 13024G34KT 0300 SN BKN001 PROB30 1904/1908 BKN002 BECMG 1908/1911 7000 NSW SCT008 BKN015 PROB40 TEMPO 1911/1918 3000 -RASN -SN BKN007=

Similar to City.

KNOCK

TAF EIKN 181700Z 1818/1918 12003KT 0800 -RADZ SCT001 BKN003 TEMPO 1818/1906 0200 FG -SN OVC001 BECMG 1907/1910 5000 BKN010=

200 m vis in fog and light snow up to 6 am.

Only sleet at the other airports.

Posted

Fascinating drive home to Bangor from Belfast there - the road down was like a Winter Wonderland with a blizzard thrown in - snow blowing about all over the place, but as I arrived in Bangor, the snow cover got less and less until I got home and there is none here at all! Hopefully there will be some settling now it's dark and it looks like a heavier burst is about to hit us on the coast

Posted

Traffic chaos in Castlereagh. For anyone in the area thinking of driving up the Saintfield Road (that's probably you, MS) - don't. It's gridlocked. Lights flickering so candles are to hand. And still it falls . . . . with a fair bit to come by the look of the radar.

Great news that Dublin area is getting snow.

Hubby had hell getting out of Belfast! I' hope your power doesn't go out skywatcher! At times like these I am heartily glad our cables are underground!

Posted

Just to say because it does not seem to be being said but a lot of ice can be expected from tomorrow night especially in flood and partial thaw areas! Don't see it drying out quick enough to prevent it. Temps going sub zero tomorrow night and probably not rising above freezing on Sunday.

Posted

Just to say because it does not seem to be being said but a lot of ice can be expected from tomorrow night especially in flood and partial thaw areas! Don't see it drying out quick enough to prevent it. Temps going sub zero tomorrow night and probably not rising above freezing on Sunday.

What about tomorrow morning/afternoon?