Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 17th January 2013 onwards

The watcher

Posted

Do you think that the wintry showers tomorrow will be more "interesting" north of say...balbriggan due to E winds?

I've been much more confident about tomorrow than today. Should see some action in the east.

GFS has the snowline down to sea level along the east coast. These charts were bang on for today so hopefully the same applies for tomorrow.

18_23.gif

24_23.gif

Posted

The UKMO aviation chart for 06 Z shows a line running from Donegal to Wexford. East of it they forecast widespread light snow, occasional moderate snow, with isolated heavy and blowing snow on mountains.

For most the southwest they have isolated hail and rain thunderstorms, with isolated heavy snow on mountains.

In between it's just rain and drizzle.

I was thinking this looking at NAE. DP's tomorrow well below freezing in the east and 850's -7, -8 and -9. Not as much precip tomorrow morning on NAE as GFS hi res. GFS shows anything that falls should be snow. NAE not quite. It's showing trace precip in the east. Not even moderate and mostly rain. That does not stack up with the parameters. It may be light but hardly rain.

13011909_1818.gif

Edited by The Eagle

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Tipping down here with rain atm temp 3.3c,looking at the radar though the end of the precip is near for my location. I look forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.

Edited by sundog

Posted

A few light snow showers tomorrow, tomorrow night and Sunday. Oddly other than that we seem to somehow miss out through next week mostly. That will change though. Hopeful we are not in a completely poxy position.

PS - watch out for ice from tomorrow night!

I will stick the neck out and say a dusting tomorrow night.

Edited by The Eagle

Hello Ireland here's the radar from about 15 minutes ago,

NMM model shows snow tonight mainly over the North but by Saturday morning and afternoon it could head more South,

Throughout the rest of Saturday and into Sunday morning it shows snow showers becoming more widespread, Eastern parts look to do the best here but snow showers even appear in the far West.

Posted

Thanks Weathermaster!

Southeasterly wind shortly on east coasts. Temperatures and dew points only going down from there.

Edited by The Eagle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Hey Johnny - I'm in Bangor - Donaghadee Road direction - close to the Centra at Windmill Road!

I have just checked outside and the snow is just starting to settle now good.gif

Not a thing here but very windy. The east coast was just too marginal. The drought continues !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Bit of a disaster for Derry! There's a bit of a covering and it's been snowing for 4 hours but barely 1 cm to show for it in the hillier parts! judging by the radar then that's the lot for us! Ah well it was nice while it lasted.

Turned out same here Ronan, no ground covering, just a cm or 2 on cars and roofs. Still a few days to go yet however. One thing about cold spells, they can surprise you at any given time.

I was thinking April/May for the meet. Not mid Summer, not mid Winter and nobody has much planned around that time. Will need to see who is free in them months. Glenshane is a other end of country for those in Southern Ireland, was thinking of meeting halfway like Enniskillen. Unless people would prefer a 2 stage meet, one in Belfast and one in Dublin? Place ideas, especially from those with further to travel is a must.

Posted

I'm up Castlereagh hills too. Just waiting on a dominos. They're going to deliver smile.png

Isn't it going to snow again tomorrow? Good base here today.

I'm sitting half arsed on whiskey munching my indian. No need to deliver, I walked home. haha blum.gifdrinks.gif

Posted

Hello Ireland here's the radar from about 15 minutes ago,

NMM model shows snow tonight mainly over the North but by Saturday morning and afternoon it could head more South,

Throughout the rest of Saturday and into Sunday morning it shows snow showers becoming more widespread, Eastern parts look to do the best here but snow showers even appear in the far West.

Thank you very much weathermaster. Some more pro outlooks are always welcome in here, regardless of location.

Posted

Surprising Ballycastle, sea level, on the coast got about 5cm so far and its still snowing lightly!

Posted

Now that's what I call a streamer heading towards Belfast - you can clearly see it on the radar. Conditions atrocious outside. Nothing moving, as far as I can see. Lights still flickering.

Posted

Starting to drizzle here.

3.4c with a dewpoint of 2.4c. Had dropped to 1.9c/0.6c earlier and I thought things were looking up. Activity is increasing on the radar again.

Posted

If we can keep are temps low today I expect will. See some snowfall on the Dublin area , need the front to move out of the way quick and get some streamers to come in

Edited by cold snap

Posted

Temperature is 1.4 degrees outside and all the snow has melted, I felt that the temperatures just didn't get low enough for any meaningful snow here in the north west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

snowing in hollywood co wicklow no wind could be with us for long time looking at radar

Posted

Temperature is 1.4 degrees outside and all the snow has melted, I felt that the temperatures just didn't get low enough for any meaningful snow here in the north west.

It's that pesky done gal low which dragged you and a lot of Ireland into the pesky mild sector by diverting the cold Gb air feed too far north, it should be back when that low heads away into the Atlantic.

That's shortwaves for you.