Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW please

SuffolkBoy are you there??!

What do you think for tonight and tomro out our way? Any chance? You were right last night BTW drinks.gif - i was rewarded with a further 2 inches at some point during the early hours..nice suprise.

As some are saying today was a bit of an anti climax after all the warnings and hype (I know lots doubted it would reach us lot but I thought we'd grab a couple of cm!)... I keep checking met office forecasts for Helmingham Hall (practically next door) which kept delaying the heavy snow for here throughout the day, but having just checked the latest update goes for 9 HOURS OF HEAVY SNOW from 12 -9am.....HEY? Looking at the forecasts on the tele and comments in here etc sounds like the main event is over? Any ideas why the met still sticking with this? Notice the SE thread talking about stuff coming N through Kent etc. Anyhow good luck all, if not tonight, bring on Sunday! good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Sunday has huge potential, a Wales-esque scenario. We deserve it after today`s efforts but some cheeky little efforts tonight so not all over yet.

13011900_1812.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Very light snow here for the last 20 mins or so but nothing substantial

SK

Hi Snowking

What's you thoughts on the long range outlook ? Background signals would appear to indicate heights to the NW but at

the moment I'm not see'ing it ?

Posted

Interesting Radar up in the North sea around Hull. An area of convection from the sea colliding with the weather front from today. Someone up there is going to need a shovel!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

still going ,light by laying nice .watching that stuff to the south of me,will it cross my path i wonder?

also still fail to see where my whole day of heavy snow the met o has for me is gonna come from?as eveyones going on about sunday not sat?

Edited by Floatylight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

SuffolkBoy are you there??!

What do you think for tonight and tomro out our way? Any chance? You were right last night BTW drinks.gif - i was rewarded with a further 2 inches at some point during the early hours..nice suprise.

As some are saying today was a bit of an anti climax after all the warnings and hype (I know lots doubted it would reach us lot but I thought we'd grab a couple of cm!)... I keep checking met office forecasts for Helmingham Hall (practically next door) which kept delaying the heavy snow for here throughout the day, but having just checked the latest update goes for 9 HOURS OF HEAVY SNOW from 12 -9am.....HEY? Looking at the forecasts on the tele and comments in here etc sounds like the main event is over? Any ideas why the met still sticking with this? Notice the SE thread talking about stuff coming N through Kent etc. Anyhow good luck all, if not tonight, bring on Sunday! good.gif

Don't get over-excited about Sunday yet, P...There's a suspicion lurking, of a change to sleet on Sunday afternoon. Which might not be such a bad thing, as it would give us all a chance to clean-up before Tuesday delivers some convective excitement from the North Sea?good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Don't get over-excited about Sunday yet, P...There's a suspicion lurking, of a change to sleet on Sunday afternoon. Which might not be such a bad thing, as it would give us all a chance to clean-up before Tuesday delivers some convective excitement from the North Sea?good.gif

Killjoy RP, Nooooooo. I want my Snow Day off work,Its the only time they pay you for not being able to get in.cray.gif

Posted

Hi Snowking

What's you thoughts on the long range outlook ? Background signals would appear to indicate heights to the NW but at

the moment I'm not see'ing it ?

Hi shotski

Unfortunately until we can get some consensus out to t96, it's a bit tricky to call at the moment. Given recent history (and numerous historical examples) you would expect the GFS to back down shortly, and I notice nick has posted the NOAA thoughts which suggest a 0z/12z blend of the ECM as their favoured choice upstream, which given the deeper dig of the trough favours a better resultant ridge around Greenland. However, all still very much to play for!

But with the MJO on the verge of phase 7, signs for heigh rises around that area are good.

Ill take a look at the stratosphere shortly and see what I can find.

Back to the here and now...a noticeable uptick in activity in the Thames estuary in the last 30 mins, with the current flow taking things inland across EA...still very light snow here but gradually, slowly increasing in intensity. Still nothing spectacular yet, but some signs maybe of what the NAE was suggesting for this evening beginning to show

SK

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Stortford snow shield remains fully functional.

Posted

Stortford snow shield remains fully functional.

Just up the road from you flakes are getting bigger, not many of them but beginning to give a new sprinkling of snow, might take a little while to reach you, but it looks to be coming in from the SE

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

I HAVE SNOW!!!!

Posted

bless,you waited all day,its coming up from south so u should be getting some of all that!

so have i lol

Edited by Floatylight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Starting to snow again after a 3 hour break.

Posted

I HAVE SNOW!!!!

lucky you

you doing well oot of the last few days ps well done

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

trying to decide painkillers due at 8 with diazipam or red wine???

Absolutely not with red wine… diazipan neither… you might stop breathing.

Pain killers first with water. And a couple of hours later take the diazipam to get you off to sleep. Isn't it funny how it all hits you a couple of days later? Must be the shock's worn off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

bless,you waited all day,its coming up from south so u should be getting some of all that!

so have i lol

i know finnaly currently sitting outside enjoying it with a hot chocolate after todays let down on tablet might take some pictures

Posted

Just up the road from you flakes are getting bigger, not many of them but beginning to give a new sprinkling of snow, might take a little while to reach you, but it looks to be coming in from the SE

SK

I have been looking into the radar glass darkly and I'm not really sure which direction it is coming from. Andrewsfield is currently registering easterly winds, but the PPN bands seem to be moving more in a NE direction. I'd be interested to know what has caused the dry hole over our area this afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well yet again Newmarket suffolk seems to be dry alley had naff all week a slushy less than 1cm, north south east and west have it but we dont. To east for frontal falls to west for north sea showers. dry alley niice 1

Go 10 miles south east young man, We've still got lots of snow and the slush is still ice. Urban heat island.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Gonna go for a walk, hopefully there will be inches of snow in the next few hours....unlikely because it's coming down so lightly :(

Further devlopments across, Suffolk, Essex, North Kent & East Herts as the night goes on though I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Sembach (ukmo)

180226Z_21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TEMP-WND-MSLP_SFC_24_12Z.png

180226Z_21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TEMP-WND-MSLP_SFC_30_12Z.png

180226Z_21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TEMP-WND-MSLP_SFC_42_12Z.png

180226Z_21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TEMP-WND-MSLP_SFC_60_12Z.png

Hopefully (ALL) good.