Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme....more snow the better

can anyone tell me if theres enough snow over the heath in Royston to go sledging tommorow please

Posted

Must admit, the radar is confusing tonight, every time I look it is changing? Seems I am in a real dry spot at the moment, would be nice for a little more overnight, but does not seem likely at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

can anyone tell me if theres enough snow over the heath in Royston to go sledging tommorow please

Yes there is snow, my parents went to tesco and came down that way :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Light snow in Godmanchester and radar picking up a bit south of Cambridge, wasn't expecting any more snow good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme....more snow the better

Yes there is snow, my parents went to tesco and came down that way smile.png

cheers, looks like theres a bit more coming down that way now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

That's where i wanted to be with my kids tomorrow....was travelling to stay at my sisters but their mum put the fear of God into them about me taking them there.:-(

So I'm here alone in Broxbourne without them (they can't stay here with me as house is bare, waiting to be sold). I'm about to embark on a bracing winters walk into Hoddesdon for a beer instead!

Talked to another of my sisters who lives in Hertford and works in Ware. Seems like here, both places had a good dump of snow. So the location of the line that lies between here and Ware, and the relatively snowless Sawbridgeworth and Stortford (from the sound of things on here) is an interesting one. the levels of snow must have fallen off quite dramtically one they reached a certain point east.

Posted

Evening all, just spent almost 3 hours gritting and clearing our work car park of snow. Light snow only really stopped at about 8:30, and at times was rather potent, giving clear surfaces another dusting, which was unexpected!

Posted

Was just out and still some very light snow here, radar shows some potentially slightly heavier stuff before it all finally clears away. Edit: Didnt notice the stuff over London too, maybe a little more very light snow later too then, would be good if it could intensify a little, although appears to be weakening so may fizzle out soon.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

This blog by Matt Hugo http://www.theaa.com/emergency-breakdown-blog/index.jsp#winteryPrecipitation makes uncomfortable reading for anyone at sea level looking for snow on Sunday. Hope he is wrong and that marginality (we all know how that ends up!) does not kill the event.

Posted

Really amazing how Sawbridgeworth has avoided ppn for hours now its missed us from every direction it seems. If you don't believe me look at radar loop for hours.

Posted

Snow still falling here, fresh covering over all surfaces developing now

Still plenty heading in from the Thames Estuary at the moment

SK

Sk, question? precip seems to be intensifying around Cambridge and areas down the M11. is this projected to move North West ? or die a death and fade out.

Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Snow still falling here, fresh covering over all surfaces developing now

Still plenty heading in from the Thames Estuary at the moment

SK

Ditto

Posted

Sk, question? precip seems to be intensifying around Cambridge and areas down the M11. is this projected to move North West ? or die a death and fade out.

Cheers.

Its a bit tricky to tell at the moment, the mean flow is WNW at the moment, but you have more of a Northerly component to it south of the Thames, then a more NWly component into the east of Essex, becoming more of a direct West flow as it moves towards the M11.

To me it looks like in the area between Stansted and Cambridge, its heading directly west towards the M1at present.

Getting slightly lighter again here at the moment as I'm right on the southern periphery of the heavier stuff

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

This blog by Matt Hugo http://www.theaa.com...ryPrecipitation makes uncomfortable reading for anyone at sea level looking for snow on Sunday. Hope he is wrong and that marginality (we all know how that ends up!) does not kill the event.

I read that as lower level close to the coast could be rain (yellow zone)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Anyone else noticed the brilliant icicles on the front of most cars?

that was weird after my post lol

Posted

Its a bit tricky to tell at the moment, the mean flow is WNW at the moment, but you have more of a Northerly component to it south of the Thames, then a more NWly component into the east of Essex, becoming more of a direct West flow as it moves towards the M11.

To me it looks like in the area between Stansted and Cambridge, its heading directly west towards the M1at present.

Getting slightly lighter again here at the moment as I'm right on the southern periphery of the heavier stuff

SK

Thanks for the reply.

there is some WNW shift, as you say. area around Wellingborough, Northants was clear about 1 hour ago. now it's on the door step.

Cheers, Again!

Edited by lancs_northants