Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Here is the Essex GFS ensemble run from 00Z, for maximum temperatures. It looks like a very cold week coming up from these! I also looked at West Sussex, to see if there was a difference due to the approaching low and possible warm sector early next week and it looked similarly cold (although not quite the same profile)

post-11059-0-70286500-1358495776_thumb.p

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

Any help/advice here?

I have to leave the 'Boro at 4pm today for a job tonight in Northampton, not due to leave there again until about 9pm ish.

Can we have a little poll? For safety reasons only, should I stay or should I go?

Thanks all (in advance)

stay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Any help/advice here?

I have to leave the 'Boro at 4pm today for a job tonight in Northampton, not due to leave there again until about 9pm ish.

Can we have a little poll? For safety reasons only, should I stay or should I go?

Thanks all (in advance)

Do you have to decide right now?

If you can delay till later, I'd say make your decision then, but if you have to decide now, I'd say go for it, with caution. I think there are major trunk roads pretty well the whole journey and I doubt they'll be too problematic in the early evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Do you have to decide right now?

If you can delay till later, I'd say make your decision then, but if you have to decide now, I'd say go for it, with caution. I think there are major trunk roads pretty well the whole journey and I doubt they'll be too problematic in the early evening.

No Steve, no decision needed right now and to be honest if it is bad over there my client may cancel themselves.

If i don't hear from them by 2-3pm, I will give them a call and decide then.

Thanks.

Posted

There are literally a couple of flakes here in MK. Car thermometer says -1

The roads are all clear as despite constant light snow from about 4pm to 10pm yesterday none of it really settled, maybe an inch of snow currently laying on the verges.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Radar looking good, I think 10.00 am ish hit time. Very cold in the wind now. Schools starting to close or announcing closure times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

I'm starting to worried now as ha no snow yet, there was a few flakes blowing in the wind last night.

Will we still get sum in luton?? Lol

Edited by PurpleButterfly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

i not bothering to send mine into school,looks to hit here at about 10:30 then we get a phonecall to go get them.That gets on my nerves.

Anyway its friday lol x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

well here goes. Heading into work in a short while, and not worried about getting in but am worried about getting home tonight and I bet we are not allowed out early. Relying on minibuses to get in to pick up the children as usual, and our class is unfortunately on late duty so until all the kiddie are picked up we are stuck there. Then the fun journey home from Radlett on m25 then a1m up to stevenage. I never worry too much but today I have a feeling its going to be bad. Then I get the car home in time for my man to go out in his lorry all night :/

Good luck all and stay safe!!

M25 from Radlett? Isnt it quicker for you to go through London Colney to Hatfield and then go A1?

Anyway, I made it into Southwark from Hatfield.....A bit worried about later so only doing half day today....Stay safe out there my Fellow 3C&EA folk..

I'm starting to worried now as ha no snow yet, there was a few flakes blowing in the wind last night.

Will we still get sum in luton?? Lol

Not meant to have any snow yet, wasn't forecasted to start in your area until probably 10-10.30am, we've only got flakes in Aylesbury right now, and we're 15-20 odd miles south west of you.

If this does move in quicker will that make a difference the amount we get

Should mean more, just waiting for the 06z NAE to come out to see what that says (i.e. if there's much change from the 00z)... Although at this stage it's really down to watching the radar.

Edited by mituozo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Finally we have had some snow in Bradwell, 3 miles from Great Yarmouthpost-6610-0-88148200-1358497356_thumb.jp

I hope he's sliding in that piccie, if not, I've never seen anybody so happy about tyre tracks in the snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme seasonal events

Winds quite strong here atm. Gonna have some drifting for sure. Snow just started and pepping up. -2.2

Posted

The M11 seemed like a point that didn't allow PPN to pass last night.

On the predictive iPhone thing from METO seems like front again stalls for a while before moving past for example light snow in St Albans now, be interesting when here can report same.

Posted

That's the spirit. Hope you're right.

PS. My cat has just sat on my keyboard and typed this. rrrrrrrrrrrrerrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttt96855555555555555555555 - Can anyone speak "cat"?

ITS A SIGN OF LOTS OF SNOW TO COME o.O ALSO THERE IS A CAT MEOWING IN MY GARDEN... THEYY KKNOOWW

Posted

Well I may not be in your area currently, but for your continued excitement - the snow is here in Mid Sussex!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice and Sunshine

Snow seems to be steadily getting heavier here and haven't got the intense bit shown on the radar near yet, wind picking up too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Please advise, I have to leave in a minute to get to Paget if i'm going, not far, ten minutes at most down the A12.Should i try or not?

A149 and A12 look ok now, looked a bit dodgey earlier, must have managed to grit the roads at about 6 this morning

Sorry for the slow reply, just got back from Tescos in Caister

Edited by Captain shortwave