Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

The shower band is moving further inland, its just the orientation thats keeping them from you/

It's tried a couple of times to snow but then suddenly stopped. It's freezing cold and the wind has picked up so here's hoping

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looks like the frontal system is my main hope for this evening as it is starting to push northwards more quickly, while the showers are continuing to just skirt to the NE of here due to insufficient easterly component to the wind direction. Plenty of time for snow showers over the weekend of course, but could do with a top-up this evening from the frontal snow to be sure of something more than the 1-2cm dusting that has prevailed for the last few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Getting heavier, visibility is falling, streaks of snow similar to what you see in summer with rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: hot, Winter: cold, Anytime: thunderstorms

Many thanks. Seems to be coming true as well.

Steady reasonably dense fall of very small flakes for some time now...

Posted

i cant seem to get on raintoday, could anyone tell me how long they see this going on for down here in sth lincs please, certainly got a bit heavier in the last 30 mins

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Steadily getting heavier now.Enjoy.

Its still coming down so its not just a quick heavy burst, amazing too with the gusting wind. Its covering the gritted main road.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I'd say 10cm is a good bet.

Posted

How heavy is it likely to get in Leeds and how long will it last? Sadly, the wife wants me to go for dinner with her so i'll miss the fun tonight.Could it possibly still be going tomorrow so i can leg it down to the park in the morning?

Dont go sod her,youve waited for this ha ha

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

At this rate we'll be lucky to get 5mm let alone 2cm. Why is there a warning out for this rubbish? Winter 79 would have fallen over laughing at this piddly attempt.

Posted

I think you would be unlucky not to get 3/4 inches?!?! and topped up in days to follow especially the east.

Posted

Everything now covered! its -1c and dense snow powder falling steady! it will drift tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Sods law, Halifax is perfectly lined up with that weak slot in the front fool.gif

Posted

Light snow north of York - there seems to be a small patch on the radar in front of the main band.

i was beginning to think it would never come!

Posted

How heavy is it likely to get in Leeds and how long will it last? Sadly, the wife wants me to go for dinner with her so i'll miss the fun tonight.Could it possibly still be going tomorrow so i can leg it down to the park in the morning?

It's likely to be pretty heavy, all indications are that we will see a long period of moderate to heavy snowfall lasting most of the night.

i cant seem to get on raintoday, could anyone tell me how long they see this going on for down here in sth lincs please, certainly got a bit heavier in the last 30 mins

Most likely well into the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Where r u dude

In Penistone mate, 7 miles south/west of Barnsley

Posted

Pretty darn heavy now, darton, barnsley.

Temp minus 2.1 c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Any chance Halifax may get something other than this snow-drizzle?

Posted

I've go my eye on that heavy patch currently between sheffield and derby! Hope I don't get that dreaded clear patch just to the south west though : /

I recall somebody saying that we were forecast uplift so i would assume that explains the 10-15cm forecast for some places in West and South Yorkshire, being close to the Pennines this uplift should love you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

I've go my eye on that heavy patch currently between sheffield and derby! Hope I don't get that dreaded clear patch just to the south west though : /

Seems to run all the way down to Spalding all be that area you talk about seems the heaviest of that section.