Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 12z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

15-20cm at home now (Newcastle), but we have a measurable depth here at last! 0.5cm ish.

If that lot melts before Sunday I think I might just cry...

Edited by Alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

-1C here and the windchill is -14C! Interesting.

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted

Will there be any more heavy snow for east of Manchester tonight/tomorrow? Fill me in please :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

0.1 degree here and been snowing all night, like sparkley dust stuff giving abit of a covering, if only this had been proper snow lol all this time for two days, we woukd have been buried in the stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

absolutely appalling event round here,any snow that has fallen has been so fine and light its irelevant.I sure hope we have better luck tomorrow,i really do!

Its still snowing here and has been for last 6 hours, only an additional 1cm though.

Posted

Big downgrade on the GFS 18z for Sunday/Monday's event, not that I'm taking it seriously, after the last week's rollercoaster I'm not believing anything until within around 12-15 hours!

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Its still snowing here and has been for last 6 hours, only an additional 1cm though.

Why are we having this fine dusty stuff all time? Is it because the air is dry? Not really seen any "proper" snowflakes today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Jesus I wonder how long it'll be before they close the A1 over in the east, loads of snow piling up!

post-9615-0-27458000-1358546089_thumb.pn post-9615-0-57486600-1358546105_thumb.pn

Charlie Tilly â€@CharlieTilly1

Police have now closed the A1 N/B at Hampeth south of Alnick because of several lorries getting stuck in the #snow .

Retweeted by Hannah Bayman

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Big downgrade on the GFS 18z for Sunday/Monday's event, not that I'm taking it seriously, after the last week's rollercoaster I'm not believing anything until within around 12-15 hours!

For the west of the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

For the west of the region.

still on for our side?

Posted

Bit of an exaggeration. Stills show precipitation coming into the region.

Posted

Downgrade? Still a band of snow crossing the region overnight into Monday. http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=54&mode=2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Temperatures are now on the rise, -0.9C rising at +0.2C an hour.

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Oh well all stopped here now think that will be it until Monday now

Posted

Jesus I wonder how long it'll be before they close the A1 over in the east, loads of snow piling up!

post-9615-0-27458000-1358546089_thumb.pn post-9615-0-57486600-1358546105_thumb.pn

Charlie Tilly â€@CharlieTilly1

Police have now closed the A1 N/B at Hampeth south of Alnick because of several lorries getting stuck in the #snow .

Retweeted by Hannah Bayman

Ha ha, the North East can always cope with a few inches of snow - most roads stayed open in November & December 2010 and there was 12-24 inches widely! Incidentally, the total is about 6-8 inches in Newcastle now, but I can see them getting another 2-4 inches tonight and tomorrow from the North Sea.

Meanwhile it is still snowing in Keswick. Hoping for 1cm by the morning ;)

Posted

Why are we having this fine dusty stuff all time? Is it because the air is dry? Not really seen any "proper" snowflakes today

Yes, continental airmass i think, to be fair this stuff can cause massive drifts sometimes, i think if the front would have been further East, thus being more influential, then we would have got massive big flakes like the ones that caused that tonking in South Wales.

Posted

Meanwhile it is still snowing in Keswick. Hoping for 1cm by the morning tease.gif

Your about 20 miles inland from me and all I've got is dandruff falling from the sky lol deffo orographic enhanced where you are :)

Posted

Your about 20 miles inland from me and all I've got is dandruff falling from the sky lol deffo orographic enhanced where you are :)

Hopefully the fells are white, I arrived in the dark so I don't know!

Posted

The GFS is a very slight downgrade for sun / mon, problem is that it only need a very slight downgrade on each subsequent run and its a guaranteed non-event, its already a non-event for the West of the region as it stands, as a compromise though, Tuesday - is an upgrade.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

its already a non-event for the West of the region as it stands

how is it prectypeuktopo.png