Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 12z---->

A.J

Posted

The wind and snizzle as collected drifts of diamond dust together which are hugging the kerbside's lol - bout as good as it get's here. Jeez anything heavier and it would have been bedlam.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Snowing a bit heavier now but still dandruff!' Want bigger flakes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Snowing all day here, left work at 3.30, came out of the Gym at 5.20 and the snow that had fallen had frozen solid to my windscreen, just been out to take some piccies in the street and the snow is still falling , that is about 14 hrs of snowfall here(not including last nights )..currently -2.0c with a strong wind...bitterly coldgood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I'm boycotting Oxberry's forecasts from now on and watching the Granada ones, at least on there they are unbiased.

And now that Fred seems to have gone AWOL we have the lovely Jo Blythe to look at. She can brighten up any forecast.

Posted

Would what everyone is talking about tomorrow affect the whole NW region or just the southern part?? What do people rate our chances for sunday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The west wirral snowdome is in full operation now... nowt nada.. rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

The radar is lying to me. Shows the precip calming down, yet it's snowing the hardest it's snowed since about 3pm?........

Posted

Would what everyone is talking about tomorrow affect the whole NW region or just the southern part?? What do people rate our chances for sunday?

The 64 million dollar question, our chances look quite good, but the usual caveats apply really. Tune in and watch this space.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A trough coming in from the east or showers from the east on a strong enough flow should reach and even cross the Pennines so E. Lancs would expect some snow from that set up.

As regards the forecast for Sunday, it seems a strange direction for organised snow and although the latest updates favour a more SE NW direction, personally I can't see us getting much from it.

Or to put it another way...been seriously bruised by today's let down so refusing to get excited until I see snow falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

The west wirral snowdome is in full operation now... nowt nada.. rofl.gif

is that snowdome or snowshield? We are just getting tiny specs now. Got icicles all around the ledge in the middle of the house. Lived here for 14 years and never had that before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

either, snowdome, snow shield.. take your pick.. ah yeh, it must have melted then refroze... Same here too, but only tiny.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

either, snowdome, snow shield.. take your pick.. ah yeh, it must have melted then refroze... Same here too, but only tiny.

There's nothing to shield us from the sea so any winds and cold coming in from the sea hit us full on. None at the back of the house which obviously faces the other way. Leasowe Road has started to go white so the small flecks are obviously having some effect. At least we have had some action today - I'm just being greedy lol

Im in New Brighton and it is just light snow at the moment.

Light here for me too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

a gritter lorry just got past my house.

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

a gritter lorry just got past my house.

is that not normal in cold weather?

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

is that not normal in cold weather?

C.S

My mum says everytime the gritter comes it usually means more snow on their way. biggrin.png Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

My mum says everytime the gritter comes it usually means more snow on their way. biggrin.png

I see gritters every time it's below about 1C at night ahaha.