Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

The East Sussex Streamer ( Channel Chugger ?? ) seems to be perking up again as the snow has intensified again here in the Hastings area. Maybe the French are making up for all the thunderstorms they hogged in the summer ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, lots of it.

Have just got back from long walk with dog at High Elms. Nothing better than a walk through the woods on untouched snow.

Stopped snowing here now. Measuring 8cm on table in back garden, hoped for a tad more but still happy with this.

Probably a couple of goals to find on my opponent though I would think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, ice!

Lot of doom and gloom on here.

Do feel VERY sorry for those that have missed out, just seen Sky's forecast and it says snow for everyone in N and E kent tonight and into tomorrow? Fingers crossed you get a piece of the action, moderate snow here in Locks Bottom with about 5cm worth. Hasn't stopped all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, fog in winter. Warm & dry and thunderstorms in summer

We've had 8cm in Ashurst, been snowing steadily since about 7.30am although did stop for a time mid-afternoon. Took Basil my mini dachshund out for a walk,bless him he was struggling and got a very cold tummy!!

So relieved we finally got something :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, ice!

Correction, about 7cm in the parents' back garden...no ruler to hand though!

Edited by keke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

1 centimetre of powder snow here. Temp -1.4c .....at least we got something ...well done to those who got more in the West & South. We do much better here from convective snowfall........streamers etc.

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

snowing heavier here ( lenham / charing near ashford ) now than at any other time during the day. Radar looking better aswell now the band seems to have re-invigorated a bit to our w/sw and finally seems to have moved that little bit further east / ne.

temp has risen a bit in last hour & now at -1.7c

Posted

I'm starting to think the same thing! The NMM has a streamer across many of the Medway towns throughout the day tomorrow, I'm waiting for the 12z NMM to update to see whether or not it still shows it

As long as this is paired with a Kent Slapper (coastal Channel area of Kent streamer) I will allow you to have a Thames streamer :D I am so gutted we saw nothing! The NW radar shows snow literally on my doorstep and still nothing falls from the sky. Makes me bad.gif

Edited by lottiekent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Lot of doom and gloom on here.

Do feel VERY sorry for those that have missed out, just seen Sky's forecast and it says snow for everyone in N and E kent tonight and into tomorrow? Fingers crossed you get a piece of the action, moderate snow here in Locks Bottom with about 5cm worth. Hasn't stopped all day.

Yeah, I just can't see where it's coming from though tbh, I know some say streamers but I not holding much hope.

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

Diffcult to measure round my house 'cos it has been drifting but I would estimate 5 to 6 cms on te level with 30 cm drifts - got a lull at the moment but the radar promises more.

Temp rose slightly above freezing at midday but now -0.7C and preciptiation just staring again but very slight.

Posted

I'm starting to think the same thing! The NMM has a streamer across many of the Medway towns throughout the day tomorrow, I'm waiting for the 12z NMM to update to see whether or not it still shows it

The bbc never show streamers and the models under play them, I actually think tomorrow will have more snow for south essex than today and Sunday combined.

I remember a couple of years back the bbc forecasting cold clear night when there was already snow heading down the estuarry.

Posted

The North Downs are producing a massive snow shield effect for the Medway Valley and Towns. Even that stuff right now Kaddy is referring too on the S coast of Kent is going to head up for East Kent and yet again avoid Maidstone, Medway.

Think we have been spoilt in previosu years!!

I did however stick my neck out on a non event here, and I stand by that as we've got a mere dusting!!

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

Just back from a bracing walk along the prom in Brighton/Hove. Horizontal snow in a bitter SE wind. Mini snowdrifts on the beach up against the promenade wall. I would post a picture, but can't work out how to ! Snow now ceased, and about 8cm in garden (slightly away from the promenade and up a hill)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, storms in summer or any extreme!

9.5 cm on the trampoline :) Snows only let ere now, hopefully we'll get more

Posted

The problem is there is no such thing as 100% certainty in weather forecasts. The models have performed very well for the bulk of the country in today's set up and east of London was always less confident re eastward progression of snow today.

I do feel for those who didn't get anything, but I'm sure your time will come (not 100% sure tho blum.gif )

Also with all the prediction charts depth etc it does give false hope to alot of people.I've seen numerous charts this week showing complete snow cover across the South East not one has come true for this corner at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Little bit of snow again here, I could probably talc my bottom, blow and create more of a dusting though tbh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

seems to be getting heavier now, thought it was all over for now?

sky looks laden with it, if only it would let it go! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Went out for walk and down to the coast, the wind was bitter and blowing snow, still snowing and 8cm accumulation