Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Whats the chances of orpington area getting any more snow overnight?Not too good at reading the radar.

Cheers

Temp -1.4

snow level 6cm

Posted

my 13 yr old son is supposed to be travelling to upton park for the west ham v qpr match tomorrow in the car with. His best mates mum is driving them there in the car. you reckon they'll make the journey. Will the match even be on?

Id be very surprised if Upton Park has any problems with snow tmw...unless an early streamer erupts....it seems fine round this area and assume Upton Park is ok too

Posted

It's snowing here... it's been pretty light and non descript all day, but it does seem a bit more lively at the moment....

N1 Mate

Hope it keeps up for you guys over there.

Posted

my 13 yr old son is supposed to be travelling to upton park for the west ham v qpr match tomorrow in the car with. His best mates mum is driving them there in the car. you reckon they'll make the journey. Will the match even be on?

The only time the game will be called off if it has snowed or very icy around the surrounding areas due to safety reasons. Il be there tomorrow and as it stands it's on but keep an eye on the website :)

Posted

Id be very surprised if Upton Park has any problems with snow tmw...unless an early streamer erupts....it seems fine round this area and assume Upton Park is ok too

that's good news. thanks :)

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Keep an eye on the arc area of precipitation around London, Sussex & Kent. Looks like the energy is slowly pushing slowly north eastwards, appears if it holds to be moving up into parts of EA within the next few hours, so folks who've not seen any snow may get a surprise later on.

Posted

Still snowing in Reigate... Still hasn't really stopped! I have 9cm or so I think and it is wonderfully powdery... Still a way to go until it beats the 36 hour non stop of December 2010!

Posted

The only time the game will be called off if it has snowed or very icy around the surrounding areas due to safety reasons. Il be there tomorrow and as it stands it's on but keep an eye on the website smile.png

Thanks. will do. :)

Posted

I was on here earlier telling people not to worry because the snow was coming! I was so certain it was :-(

Its coming, Matt. Its just keeping you waiting. Slow-moving is good now, since there isnt much oompf to it.

Posted

Looks like the snow's finally making inroads towards north Kent, it'l get here eventually. Not sure how much will make it here though!

Edited by lce Blast

Posted

Keep an eye on the arc area of precipitation around London, Sussex & Kent. Looks like the energy is slowly pushing slowly north eastwards, appears if it holds to be moving up into parts of EA within the next few hours, so folks who've not seen any snow may get a surprise later on.

I sure hope us in medway get some of that snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I'm getting tired of this bloody Medway snow shield now, I mean this really is ridiculous!!!

post-7073-0-15568200-1358531427_thumb.pn

Posted

I'm getting tired of this bloody Medway snow shield now, I mean this really is ridiculous!!!

post-7073-0-15568200-1358531427_thumb.pn

ARGGGHHHH! I KNOW! It's a real pain in the ass!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Look on the bright side: the atlantic hasnt steamed in -- you have colder temps up there

What's the point in freezing your nuts off if you're not going to get a bit of snow fun out of it? I'd prefer not to have the heating on constantly, at least when its snowing there's a reason for it to be cold!

Posted

What's the chances of the streamer coming through rye

Almost zero, regrettably. The Thames streamers have a very easterly feel to them so serve snow to North Kent, South Essex, South London and exiting via Surrey and Hampshire. Our best bet is for the ENE streamer (called Kent streamer / slapper) where landfall is the north Kent coast and exit into the channel is around Hastings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Couple of flow charts from Wetter that could be a bit of interest for you guys near the Thames Estuary, tomorrow.

Could give some light, persistant snow at times, enough to give a centimetre or 2 perhaps.

Note 850 uppers arent too low so nothing too dynamic, accumulation through persistance, though possible.

Rtavn2412.png

Rtavn3012.png

Rtavn242.png

Good luck

Regards,

Tom

Posted

I sure hope us in medway get some of that snow.

Hear, hear! Seems as though an invisible wall diverted ALL the weather round us. The dusting we got was not even 1 snowflake thick. Massively disappointing.