Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

Snowing lightly in Snodland.

Just like to say a big thanks to all the gritters for keeping the main roads clear.

Posted

Measure it on a flat surface, the snow settles on top of the grass, specially dry snow :)

Got just over 6cm on the path outside the front door. Some really good totals up on Hanger Hill a mile away - 9cm+ !!

Posted

No you have it wrong there

In order to get a thames streamer you need a e vearing ene this feeds showers or longer spells of snow.

Shall we compromise at EENE?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I know the medway and east Kent people are not a happy lot but 1) parts of X East Kent have already had snow this week! 2) 9 out of 10years medway seem to get snow when we 12, 13miles West of you get nothing! and 3) Sunday you should be in a prime position for the stuff coming up from France so stop the moaning lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

I'm getting tired of this bloody Medway snow shield now, I mean this really is ridiculous!!!

post-7073-0-15568200-1358531427_thumb.pn

what is going on?! snow moving in to almost everywhere else, bar us. I think we want it too much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

Hi JP

Will we be getting your chart update tomorrow, we have had about same, I told wife 12 inches thou !!

Can you see more coming to us?

bet your wife would love 12"

Posted

I'm getting tired of this bloody Medway snow shield now, I mean this really is ridiculous!!!

post-7073-0-15568200-1358531427_thumb.pn

Any ideas Daniel WTF is going on?? All I can see is the Downs must be absorbing the energy and casuing it to disapate, thus nothing happening here other than dandruff, and of course for our neighbours in Essex across the Estuary.

Posted

moderate to heavy snow barnehurst

would people like a model and snow update tonight

s

Yes please...................................................clapping.gifclapping.gif

Posted

Steve I know the ECM is about to come out but do you think the GFS will fall back into line or is it onto something with the quick breakdown?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Hence why I am not jumping up and down Tom, that type of persistant gnats dandruff snow in the estuary is very different from a proper thames snow streamer. Will take what we can get I suppose and thanks for posting the charts but that would not even give any depths around here.

NMM Showed this as well with the very light pink colours on its predictive precip charts.

But others are seeing this as quite the event so will keep watching and hoping.

Temp really rising now as well.

0.4c in a SSE Wind

Very light temps down here near Eastbourne now Paul, dews now risen to zero and about +0.5c, very marginal light snow here now but very slight.

Posted

-2c here & snow & an inch on the ground-

WATCH THE PPN IN SUSSEX IN WILL MOVE NORTH & CURVE NW

That would be great Steve. Briefly great for what cold spell continuing or snow ????

Full update 10/10:15 pm tonight if people want?

UKMO IS BRILLIANT TONIGHT-

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

southend is the streamer machine today, not the mouth of the estuary. to my untrained eye anyway.

not technically a streamer, but u know what i mean. Southend slapper anyone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

-2c here & snow & an inch on the ground-

WATCH THE PPN IN SUSSEX IN WILL MOVE NORTH & CURVE NW

Full update 10/10:15 pm tonight if people want?

UKMO IS BRILLIANT TONIGHT-

S

Wow, that is really pepping up down there. lovely stuff!

post-9962-0-35203800-1358532541_thumb.jp

Edited by Jezzer

Posted

You really could not make that radar up.

Simply incredible, whatever perma bubble Inversion that is sat over Medway is like nothing I have ever seen. rofl.gif

The precip just evaporates as it enters it.

The precip getting heavier around Tunbridge Wells is only going 1 place tonight and that is back to London, Surrey and the places that have had it all day!

Good luck to you all, you must have been very good to the snow gods in the last year!

Posted

I know the medway and east Kent people are not a happy lot but 1) parts of X East Kent have already had snow this week! 2) 9 out of 10years medway seem to get snow when we 12, 13miles West of you get nothing! and 3) Sunday you should be in a prime position for the stuff coming up from France so stop the moaning lol!

That must have been before I moved down here!

Posted

southend is the streamer machine today, not the mouth of the estuary. to my untrained eye anyway.

not technically a streamer, but u know what i mean. Southend slapper anyone?

It deserves a slap yes!

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Went skiing on the downs at the back of Brighton all afternoon , was great

Posted

Today was interesting because it's so very rare to get this set up and for it to not lead into rain/rapid thaw. Aside from that, I can't honestly say I much prefer the convection that can sometimes come from the Easterly/NE'ly feed.

Watching very heavy snow falling is a lot more exciting. To be fair, I'm lucky as I have snow and do really feel for you that have so far missed out today. I've been there so many times and it's horrible. Your time will come I'm sure, you guys just need to hope for a decent easterly and you'll be laughing.