Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

up to 13.2CM here mate biggrin.png

Really, you haven't mentioned it hardly wink.png . That's a good total. You were certainly in the sweet spot today, with plenty of chances to top up over the weekend. Light snow continuing in downtown Hexleybeath.

Posted

intensifiying once again on the south coast..

It does effectively seem to be behaving like a streamer - pumping snow into those areas that already have plenty of it!

Posted

Snowing like mad again near the hogs back in Surrey. A good 14 - 16cm of lying snow now. What a bonus started early at 8.00Am and has been snowing

constantly for 10 hours, with a small break around teatime for about 30 mins !! :D this snowy spell was better than forecast. Almost worthy of a red warning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I'm feeling confident Kent could get a reward here. Strong band to the south sweeps in overnight then a streamer tomorrow. We could end up in pigs paradise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Deactivating, is that a polite way of describing what he was doing? Blimey ohmy.png

Bit weird, actually met him a few months ago as well sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

9.8cm

m fish not right I got9.826543364 cm lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

I'm feeling confident Kent could get a reward here. Strong band to the south sweeps in overnight then a streamer tomorrow. We could end up in pigs paradise.

There`s a pig reference there,but it`s not paradise after today! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Moderate to heavy now at home - as good as it has been all day - have been very close to the end for two hours!

Chiono,

Met Office radar not updating, this ppn over Sussex, does it look like heading towards Croydon.

Working until 9.30 but racing already delayed by 40 minutes at Dundalk, could be even later leaving office!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Well done to all of you who have had the snow today...bugger all for us so far..maybe a little bit this evening and hopefully Sunday..hope your kids enjoy it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Snowing here again :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I thin that band will sweep all of Kent from south to north maybe with power to cross to southend

Posted

ECM says yes to Sunday and extends the cold with more snow next week. The excellent murr will give us full details later I suspect.

Posted

Kent.. And I think pretty much all... Amen!

Okay then... The low will not move that far south... In fact I think it might move out to the Atlantic TBH or sit there..

post-12648-0-52556600-1358533843_thumb.j

If you look at www.raintoday.co.uk you can see a small rotation forming between Guildford and Basingstoke. Southerly wind over Guildford and a NW Drift over Basingstoke. These small features often pep up the snow fall and could well drag the snow over Sussex in land over Surrey and he stuff over France North into

Kent !

Posted

Is it me or do the 1815 radar returns suggest that the snow is pepping up and edging towards south London? Could spring a surprise in say a line from Crystal Palace to Brixton?! Just a hint though, at the moment