Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

I know the medway and east Kent people are not a happy lot but 1) parts of X East Kent have already had snow this week! 2) 9 out of 10years medway seem to get snow when we 12, 13miles West of you get nothing! and 3) Sunday you should be in a prime position for the stuff coming up from France so stop the moaning lol!

Regarding point (2) it is only Dover and Deal that really benefited from the snow earlier in the week...nothing here apart from grains on cars in the morning. Hoping for something tomorrow and more especially Sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

It deserves a slap yes!

i'll give her a kiss air_kiss.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

More snow now had about 6 inches today

Posted

will fax update around 11pm tonight

i expect more snow over the weekend

sunday could be interesting

more later

Edited by john pike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

As others have said,really feel for those in East Kent and Essex tonight.Last Monday was so frustrating with persistent sleet while all those North of the river hada fair dollop of snow.Hopefully that will change this evening as has been indicated by some posts in the last half hour.Tomorrow i hope there are Thames streamers and other surprises and then on Sunday the system that potentially coming up from France moves a further 30 milesWest than currently projected and gives us all a good 6 hours snow or moreblum.gif

By Monday,i think it is not impossible that those who have been lucky today and could be again on Sunday may have a snow depth of between 15-20cms as i don't think there will be any snow melt if current projections of temps are correct.And then there is Mondays event...Marginal at moment for SE for snow but with good snow cover and the right angle of undercutting who knows??

Interesting..Very Interesting to quote Steve Davis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

According to the NAE there is a heavier area of snow around the SE coast area this evening - and that seems to tie in well with what is happening outside the window. 'The clump' as christened early this afternoon and that was over western parts of Sussex is coming to a more eastern town near youair_kiss.gif

Large flakes whizzing past the lamp postwub.png Keep going - you know you want to..wink.png . A while yet before the sledge can come out, but at least there is an actual covering rather than a dusting nowsmile.png

Posted

Checking in from Fleet, 10-12 cm. light snow has turned moderate in last 10 mins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Any ideas Daniel WTF is going on?? All I can see is the Downs must be absorbing the energy and casuing it to disapate, thus nothing happening here other than dandruff, and of course for our neighbours in Essex across the Estuary.

I think that's probably it, the heavier stuff has been fizzling out all day across the Downs, I don't think we're going to see much more than very light snow to be honest.

Not strictly weather related, but if you're from Kent you probably know of "Kent Weather" run by Shaun Maltby.. well..

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway_messenger/news/2013/january/18/pervert_weatherman.aspx

Posted

Snizzly . graupelly stuff falling here, though the stronger echoes from the channel are close by. Despite snowing on and off for most of the day, an inch is about the sum total so far, At least some of the people along the coast are finally getting some satisfaction. Just you North Kent and Essex estuary lot who are being unfairly deprived. -0.9c, DP -2c.

Posted

-2c here & snow & an inch on the ground-

WATCH THE PPN IN SUSSEX IN WILL MOVE NORTH & CURVE NW

Full update 10/10:15 pm tonight if people want?

UKMO IS BRILLIANT TONIGHT-

S

Certainly is, if the Bom comes of there will be blizzards at 144 tho marginal for coasts, nogaps is good aswell, lets see what ECM does, wouldn't expect the gfs to smell the coffee for 24 hours.

Posted

Today was interesting because it's so very rare to get this set up and for it to not lead into rain/rapid thaw. Aside from that, I can't honestly say I much prefer the convection that can sometimes come from the Easterly/NE'ly feed.

Watching very heavy snow falling is a lot more exciting. To be fair, I'm lucky as I have snow and do really feel for you that have so far missed out today. I've been there so many times and it's horrible. Your time will come I'm sure, you guys just need to hope for a decent easterly and you'll be laughing.

Lets just hope that Roger J Smith has got February spot on then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

That must have been before I moved down here!

Well even medway has got its own micro climate quite often I've been to Lordswood and it's been really deep and gone down to my mums house in Strood and there's not a flake

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

This is brilliant 9.2cm recorded earlier and now this '

Anyone one else around nw London reporting mod snow

Am west, but have it falling still, fairly light tho at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

According to the NAE there is a heavier area of snow around the SE coast area this evening - and that seems to tie in well with what is happening outside the window. 'The clump' as christened early this afternoon and that was over western parts of Sussex is coming to a more eastern town near youair_kiss.gif

Large flakes whizzing past the lamp postwub.png Keep going - you know you want to..wink.png . A while yet before the sledge can come out, but at least there is an actual covering rather than a dusting nowsmile.png

Is it Clump Watch or Blob Watch tease.gif

BTW, walking back from the station this evening I found it more annoying walking through snow that had been treated than snow that hadn't. Slush is so annoying and gets everywhere! Once again, a minor moan compared to those that haven't even had the chance to even see slush, apologies all!

Edited by Jezzer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

The last hour and a half has probably been the best part of the day for us. Respectable covering now and still snowing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Is it Clump Watch or Blob Watch ;)

Or "wrap around" lol

Posted

What are your temps folks?

-1.0c and rising here.

Why are the temperatures rising now? Surely they should start to fall?

Edited by mulzy