Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/01/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted

While watching the bbc weather I noticed there was a lot of snow of the west coast of Cornwall at the end of Monday. Hope that's our Tuesday weather for Cornwall .

I would love to give you some of my snow, its awful when u know its snowing only a few miles away from you its happened here before i guess yesterday i was really lucky, good luck :)

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Grrr. Just lost my post -.- basically what I said: it still managed to get food wherever the food was placed, due to either bits dropping to the ground, or climbing up the tree or something!

And there are some darker clouds around at the moment, but a radar check doesn't show anything! Still thawing here sad.png

Yep you right not try feeding birds, Rats multiple quickly,,,,,,,,,,Most of us live our lives unaware that rats [ the furry type] are all around us

Posted

Believe it when i see it.

To be honest, a few days ago I was saying exactly the same thing, but we ended up with a good event yesterday.

Really do think Cornwall will see a decent snowfall very soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

Slight thaw (slow) can't seing it be gone by 4/5pm. Just need a good frost tonight to help it stay alive :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Afternoon! Currently 1.2°C here. My rain gauge has registered 6mm since yesterday, quite a lot thawed. There's still a thick covering in places though.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Wind,Lightning

Afternoon! Currently 1.2°C here. My rain gauge has register 6mm since yesterday, quite a lot thawed. There's still a thick covering in places though.

Slow thaw occuring here but still feels bitterly cold and loads of snow still...great fun ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

So i anyone else experiencing a thaw cause it is here sad.png

No thaw at all yet but as I type it's bang on zero centigrade here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

I would love to give you some of my snow, its awful when u know its snowing only a few miles away from you its happened here before i guess yesterday i was really lucky, good luck :)

thank you .

We have been lucky over the past 4 years after all we are in a part of the country that is hard to get those right conditions for the snow.

But our turn will come .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Yesterday was gotta be one of the worst days ever...

No snow for me.

Laptop Hardrive went early afternoon on which an awful lot of material is which i need to revise for my 70% of my Structures module test on Monday (who said trying to be paperless is a good idea?).

Then my g/f came down with norovirus and by mid evening was being sick constantly and by evening we had to have the paramedics out to look at her.

Now today I wont get to go out in any of the snow in Dartmoor as I have to get my laptop working again and revise while hoping I don't become sick.

Enjoy it for me guys.

Posted

Thanks for all the birthday comments and may this week be long and snowy friends.gif

So monday, tuesday could be interesting for our region again good.gif with all this cloud cover its nice to see snow remaining on all the trees around still.

Happy Birthday.................Snowman of Mendips

post-18298-0-01037000-1358600308_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Happy Birthday.................Snowman of Mendips

Happy birthday Mullender! Being 30 isn't too bad :) hope we get loads more snow this week to make it an extra special 30th

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

No snow for me.

Laptop Hardrive went early afternoon on which an awful lot of material is which i need to revise for my 70% of my Structures module test on Monday (who said trying to be paperless is a good idea?).

Then my g/f came down with norovirus and by mid evening was being sick constantly and by evening we had to have the paramedics out to look at her.

Now today I wont get to go out in any of the snow in Dartmoor as I have to get my laptop working again and revise while hoping I don't become sick.

Enjoy it for me guys.

Sorry to hear that. Hope all works out for you.

Posted

thank you .

We have been lucky over the past 4 years after all we are in a part of the country that is hard to get those right conditions for the snow.

But our turn will come .

Well you going in right direction,,,,Met office got Cornwall down Yellow warning of Ice for next few days, Fingers crossed you see some snow soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

-0.1 ºc . Easterly breeze at 7 mph. Ground covered in lovely snow ..Overhead cloud is another color...Off White...

Edited by ARTDEMOLE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Still thick snow cover here, no snow melt and still thick on trees, very cold day, feels colder than yesterday to me. Thick grey cloud cover which stops sun melting the snow so brilliant if we dont get any more in this area. We look to be between both southeast low and southwest low but neither really reaching us, things can change though. Nice one bristol on the 18cm.

Posted

Thanks for all the birthday comments and may this week be long and snowy

Happy birthday mullender. Have a lovely day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Temperature is not looking good for Tuesday according to the metoffice 5c apparently :(

Posted

No snow for me.

Enjoy it for me guys.

Your poor luck yesterday will be rewarded a some point. Karma says you will have a blizzard on Monday Morning!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like Cornwall may see some sleet/snow tomorrow evening. biggrin.png

NMM gives quite a good wintry period for us as a front pushes in. Seems there is better chances this time as today, the sub -5c cold air is setting in, arguably for the first time since the beginning of this cold spell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

While watching the bbc weather I noticed there was a lot of snow of the west coast of Cornwall at the end of Monday. Hope that's our Tuesday weather for Cornwall .

I reckon Truro could have a good chance of snow for a time. Here in Penryn, maybe more Sleet but being at nearly 100m ASL may help a bit. :)

Definitely a much better chance than Thursday Nights chance. :)

Posted

Your poor luck yesterday will be rewarded a some point. Karma says you will have a blizzard on Monday Morning!!

cheers, here's hoping.

good news is, on Friday it said rain. At least it now says sleet.

also, noticed in home counties thread, mksnowangel, winterwatch, 1963 the big freeze special on today on BBC 2. 5.30 I think. Just a heads up for those that way inclined.

post-17991-0-92583200-1358605356_thumb.p

Posted

Oh good God man, what did you do to deserve that lot?! Hope you have a decent run of luck soon and that your girlfriend feels better. The snow has got to happen for you guys sooner or later! clapping.gif

lol.. where do I start!