Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Sunday 20th >>

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Just driven up over the Lomonds- heavy snow, maybe 3 inches and drifting in the strong winds. Snowing in Muchty, but not lying.

Posted

zilcho, nadda, zero, nowt, nothing in aberdeen city so far. just cold, windy and grey ( a normal day in aberdeen i hear you say)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry, cool and sunny

Light snow and strong winds here. Very overcast but nothing much showing on the raintoday radar.

Posted

help!!! anyone got any straws for me to clutch at :)

there has been light wet snow here - what are the projected changes through the day for surface temp, dew point, uppers? do the marginal areas still have a shot?

enjoy the snow if you are lucky enough ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Failing to really make much impression on the ground here unfortunately. The best we can hope for is some heavier pulses to come along and force temperatures down enough for it to lie, certainly looks like some fairly intense stuff still left out there to the southeast at the moment.

Posted

Failing to really make much impression on the ground here unfortunately. The best we can hope for is some heavier pulses to come along and force temperatures down enough for it to lie, certainly looks like some fairly intense stuff still left out there to the southeast at the moment.

Was snowing heavy here and lying at about 7am, but then the snow got really wet and sleety and started to melt our snow. Have to admit I was expecting at least 5cm being under the amber warning, any hope for later LS? sorry.gif

Edit: This is really reminding me of February 24th here. Heavy snow all day then, but only lied in the morning before it melted.

Edited by sn0wman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Was snowing heavy here and lying at about 7am, but then the snow got really wet and sleety and started to melt our snow. Have to admit I was expecting at least 5cm being under the amber warning, any hope for later LS? sorry.gif

I'd think so, uppers are on the way back down for the rest of the day so things should turn generally snowier as the day goes on again:

13012112_2106.gif

Aye, i'm at Hermiston Gait LS. I fear it isnt going to happen here today. Its going to need to pretty prolonged, heavy precip for it to stick to the soaking roads. I get the feeling that the Pentlands are taking a lot of the energy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Expecting power to go off today with the wind really gusting and the heavy snow. If I go quiet please send Red Cross parcels of sweeties.

Posted

I'd think so, uppers are on the way back down for the rest of the day so things should turn generally snowier as the day goes on again:

13012112_2106.gif

Really hope so. Lowland Scotland deserves a good dumping after watching practically everyone else get loads of snow. diablo.gif

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

I think this might end up being a non event judging by most web cams. However that might change in the afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A wee bit of snow overnight in Kemnay but nowhere near the deep drifts I was hoping for to keep me off work (never a realistic prospect). So far, as others have said Aberdeen/Dyce is sat at around 2degC, brisk wind, but no precipitation.

All I want this winter is a proper blizzard, with good drifts and a day off work. After that it can do what it likes!

Posted

I agree with you Ravelin... One decent snowfall (6 inches+) and I'd be a happy bunny :)

Tim

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Still lightly snowing away here, been like this for nearly 2 hours. Still not settling and quite gusty at times.

Posted

Pitiful. This entire snow event for the past 2 weeks has been dreadful for Aberdeen. Its grey, windy, cloudy...absolutely NO sihgn of precip. The Met-O must know an awful lot more than i do to still hold onto an Amber Warning...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Been heavy for a wee while here. I don't trust it tho'! Will wait to see what happens I think.

lol i love the fact the snow has developed a sneaky personality...

i totally agree...everytime i look out its changed...its snowing heavy oh no its no oh it is again oh it isnae noo oh its lying on cars oh its not now etc etc

Despite the update I posted I will not believe this until i see a proper heavy shower with the tarmac carpark out my window turning white....

unfortunately we only seem to cling to the edge of the band so could do with more activity from the sea joining in

Posted

Nope not giving up. Not a snowflake in sight out my works window in Linlithgow but our favourite Norwegian site says between 12 and 6pm it will be snow.

I still believe!

I may be straw clutching though.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

ph34r.png Ninja Snow I reckon.

Does everything you want it to in the sky, swirls, floats about, looks hypnotic, drifts around, looks heavy.

Does everything possible to and succeeds in not reaching the surface. Sneaky Ninja stuff I tell ye.

Posted

carinasnowrear_zpsa58277a0.jpg

Up over the Lomonds at 9 this morning, I don't think this road will be passable for much longer

Posted

Quite a contrast between Currie this morning when I left and South Gyle where I work. Currie had heavy snow falling which was settling on the roads while there is nothing at South Gyle really - bit of sleet and it's wet. All changed about Riccarton park and ride.

Complete non-event for lower Edinburgh today. I can see the Pentlands out the office window - well I can't actually - so I'm clinging to the hope that snow settles at home throughout the day. I doubt it though.

I detest frontal snowfall to be honest. Pretty much always a non-event here.

Posted

Carinasnowfront_zpscf921bf8.jpg

NO winter tyres were used in the production of this photograph.

Edited by tiff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Some very healthy looking streamers building to the East in the North Sea that have the Amber areas written all over them judging by the flow. That will be a pasting for someone.

http://saturn.unibe.ch/rsbern/noaa/dw/realtime/current/n1bcurr.jpg

post-7292-0-87860000-1358763970_thumb.jp

Posted

Pitiful. This entire snow event for the past 2 weeks has been dreadful for Aberdeen. Its grey, windy, cloudy...absolutely NO sihgn of precip. The Met-O must know an awful lot more than i do to still hold onto an Amber Warning...

Agreed! The aberdeen snow shield is firmly in place still!!