Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Sunday 20th >>

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well here at least the temp is going in the right direction, from a high of 2.5/-2.3°C at 07:00 down to 1.5/-2.7°C at 12:00 (Dyce Intl Airport readings).

Posted

Still snowing here quite heavily. Looks like I may have to get out again and get the drive cleared. Schools are still in although my eldest daughters tells me that Crieff is suffering from heavy snow but maybe she is just looking for the afternoon off.

Interesting to see if this weather is to deteriorate later on this afternoon as I am led to believe that the snow is a little behind schedule.

M...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Awww so close, if that shower had held on just a bit more it would of settled doh.gif

Edited by Allyw12

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

My concerns yesterday about grangemouth look to have been proven correct. Been a mixture of light rain and sleet all morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Afternoon from a very green Skye! Metcheck and Netweather promised me snow today.....liars! Aff fur a sulk....

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Had tae dig oot this morning took aboot 25 mins wi the big snaw shovel

Probably 4" O' snaw cover at that time!

Family keeping me posted with reports that it has been Blizzard like conditions most of the morning.cold.gif

Cross the Clackmananshire Bridge and Nae Snaw a' the way tae work in West Lothian.

Occasional snaw flakes falling here, but black wet roads & pavements etc. whistling.gif

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

how much later...hows your satellite pic to land time Guesstimations these days smile.png

Fixed it... okay here is a random guess for you Blizzard and Mr Edod's hoose at 16:00 hrs.

post-7292-0-78141400-1358774218_thumb.pn

Edited by lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

well like everyone else, heavy snow in cumbernauld for quite some time, but not a flake of it is settling. does it look like this will be the way of things? heartbreaking to see all that snow go to waste!

Edited by gsteruk

Posted

After a very dull dry mid morning with cloud getting thicker and therefore darker a small flurry has started again. Sky looks now as though it is full of snow to the east but we may only get flurries if the hills take it all. Currently 0.5c with a fresh east wind. If the wind stays in the east we may see snow come along the coast to us later. It really feels like a day before a good snowfall here. In fact the flurry is coming on real easy and increasing in intensity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Glasgow snowshield and Edinburgh rain zone image from the Batty:

Glasgow's snow shield seems to be in good working order! Snow to the north, south, east & west of the city! pic.twitter.com/EAxTbXBY

— Sean Batty (@SeanBattySTV)

January 21, 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Fixed it... okay here is a random guess for you Blizzard and Mr Edod's hoose at 16:00 hrs.

legend.............as i said last night I never hold anyone to guesses when its the weather...we all know how difficult it is but love people to have a go....its probably what i hate most about the MT when its all i told you so

Is certainly an impressive looking SAT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

It's snowing here - best attempt I've seen so far today. It is actually lightly settling on my very wet car. Not on any cleared paths though but really trying. Come on snaw - we believe in you!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Heavier for a bit here, and it's been threatening to settle at points but no luck yet. Ground temperatures must be very close to freezing again though so as sunset approaches and air temperatures drop that bit more it could get very interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Wind picking up here and the first signs of something Blizzard-esque.. Wet snow starting to adhere to stuff and build up slightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Nae snaw or drifting here at all. Nothing tae see. Move along now please. ph34r.png

Here, CMD, How's aboot we start an eastern Borders regional thread...whistling.gif

Hold on, f3ckin hell, getting faster and deeper. Is that possible? Oops, sorry....

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Phoned home and it's gone wet in SW Edinburgh. Any snow that was settling has now gone from the roads.

Posted

Heavier for a bit here, and it's been threatening to settle at points but no luck yet. Ground temperatures must be very close to freezing again though so as sunset approaches and air temperatures drop that bit more it could get very interesting.

Same here LS, threatens to settle when heavier but those bursts only last minutes then ts back to wet snizzle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

is there a danger this band will pass before the temps drop and it settles??

Posted

I came in off the nightshift at 7am this morning. It was snowing light-moderate with strong winds and a covering of about half a centimetre - good wee base to build on I thought. Went to sleep confidently at half 7 and woke up at 1pm. Lay in bed thinking will there be 2 inches, 4 inches maybe 6? .......... gets out of bed, walks over to the windae and boof..... I had the proper definition of an Iain Brown 'WTF moment'

It was snowing lightly and my dad assured me it had been snowing constantly all morning but nothing on the ground except for on the grass there was a smattering that wasn't even enough to cover all the green. Genuinely WTF!!!!

Hoping things improve as the day goes on.

Posted

I came in off the nightshift at 7am this morning. It was snowing light-moderate with strong winds and a covering of about half a centimetre - good wee base to build on I thought. Went to sleep confidently at half 7 and woke up at 1pm. Lay in bed thinking will there be 2 inches, 4 inches maybe 6? .......... gets out of bed, walks over to the windae and boof..... I had the proper definition of an Iain Brown 'WTF moment'

It was snowing lightly and my dad assured me it had been snowing constantly all morning but nothing on the ground except for on the grass there was a smattering that wasn't even enough to cover all the green. Genuinely WTF!!!!

Hoping things improve as the day goes on.

More or less exactly the same that happened here it's incredibly frustrating! Getting heavier again here now but ground is very wet