Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Sunday 20th >>

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Just been oot tae Earlston - back roads well snawy. Took my neighbour with me who took some film clips of us getting up steep snawy hills in the Leon. Will try to make a short movie and put on youtube for you all.

Crackin.

EDIT. Just seen below post. Maybe save the movie for another day... ph34r.png

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

I can't believe this is happening again! What has Scotland done to upset the weather gods.

you mean north of CMD and SS have done to upset the weather gods!!!! ...... there is black magic afoot.... pitchforks oot CMD and SS banished fae thread diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well, considering Lochgelly is the highest town in Fife, very disappointing! Dewpoint slowly rising now at 0.3c temps down a touch at 0.9c. Still very little accumulation going on and what there is, well on the wet side really!

The Meto can shove it up its shannon entropy as far as I'm concerned!laugh.png

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

Snowing slightly heavier again,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Aye well, end of last week Catch and SS were taking snaw fae cross-border English sourced airflows. shok.gif

Got to be question marks against this pair now, "bought and sold for English snaw".

Do The Scottish Peoples Snaw Committee need a jury or can we just move straight to the guilty verdict ?unknw.gif

you mean north of CMD and SS have done to upset the weather gods!!!! ...... there is black magic afoot.... pitchforks oot CMD and SS banished fae thread diablo.gif

Edited by by-tor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

you Lorenzo are the hope I am clinging too

Fingers crossed for you edod, hopefully one of the pulses tracking in is a direct hit.

Still snowing here, or should I say snow harmlessly drifting past here, it just does not want to settle anywhere and is in a hurry to get to somewhere else !

Posted

Snow drifting like nothing else!!! Epic epic scenes up here. Already in my top five snow events...right up there with 1993.

Lucky bugger!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Looks to me like CMD is the intelligent one here - we ALL need to move closer to SS and then we can ALL have his snow! :)

It's been snowing non-stop in South Suburban Embra since about 8am, but only very lightly, small flakes and not sticking. Buggrit.

Fingers crossed for later today - elderly Faither is making his way home from town about noon, on bus and foot, so if it stays clearish til he's home and then gies it laldy, that will be just fine by me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Aye well, end of last week Catch and SS were taking snaw fae cross-border English sourced airflows. shok.gif

Got to be question marks against this pair now, "bought and sold for English snaw".

Do The Scottish Peoples Snaw Committee need a jury or can we just move straight to the guilty verdict ?unknw.gif

I will await for SS to provide further video evidence, this may counter the claims of this being a non-event overall and demonstrate the fun to be had by obtaining Snaw by any means possible.

A more lenient sentence perhaps with this new evidence.. speaking of which, what would the sentence be ? One month under anticyclonic gloom sounds like enough to put anyone off foreign imports.

Sorry to read many are disappointed with current conditions, really hope that in the coming fortnight we either get a full blown, Easterly, Northerly, NWrly that delivers for everyone who has been caught out by dodgy dewpoints and drizzle, and for those of you still in the margins today / tomorrow still a good few hours to go..

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Snow is very localised. This web cam is 10 miles south of Glasgow:

neilston_scotland.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

That SS picnic bench will have to be taken in for forensic investigation. It seems to be the focal point for all SS snow falls and I suspect its been robbing The Scottish Peoples Snaw for years now. Probably some kind of witches magic they use in these far-flung borders places ... respectable research scientist by day ... by night though probably goat sacrifices and wacky dancing around a pentangle...

Think we'll have to burn the bench immediately after the guilty verdict in a wickerman stylee !

I will await for SS to provide further video evidence, this may counter the claims of this being a non-event overall and demonstrate the fun to be had by obtaining Snaw by any means possible.

A more lenient sentence perhaps with this new evidence.. speaking of which, what would the sentence be ? One month under anticyclonic gloom sounds like enough to put anyone off foreign imports.

Sorry to read many are disappointed with current conditions, really hope that in the coming fortnight we either get a full blown, Easterly, Northerly, NWrly that delivers for everyone who has been caught out by dodgy dewpoints and drizzle, and for those of you still in the margins today / tomorrow still a good few hours to go..

Posted

well there is a pulse due to hit here just after midday so hopefully that produces and meto just warned to expect it to snow in many eastern areas till tomorrow afternoon....

If it hits here between 12 and 1 lorenzo is a genius.... proper snow agin now when started this post and eased off by time finished typing it lol but thats fair enough and in comparison to the radar which has been spot on on raintoday after a couple of dodgy days.... if the darker colour hits between 12 and 1 i will be officially all over this again...

on a positive spoke to someone in cleish a village to the west of perthshire to say really bad blizzards and snowmen being rapidly constructed etc and there are a few schools closed in the higher regions of perthshire

Posted

Whats anyones thoughts on that "streamer" building in the NS heading towards Aberdeen (sat24)? I'm thinking 2 hours it'll make landfall...anyone got a better understanding of its precip type and its possibilities for Aberdeen?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Probably some kind of witches magic they use in these far-flung borders places ... respectable research scientist by day ... by night though probably goat sacrifices and wacky dancing around a pentangle...

Anyone know where I find a goat in South Suburban Embra, please?

(I'll try anything if it gets me SNAW!!!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

According to Sean B, the good stuff is on its way for some kilters: https://twitter.com/...3750400/photo/1

post-736-0-04335300-1358769217_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

On rain today there's a consistent gap in the precipitation over Glasgow. You couldn't make it up.

Posted

on verge of giving up radar now shows back to sleet until 13pm

oh wait the batty boy throwing crumbs of comfort lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well we've been getting some light snow in Dyce for the last 10-15mins, which as I type has appeared to stop. I assume it's coming from the bands of showers coming from the NE rather than anything coming from the main system to our S.

I dont like using this word because it is over-used on here, but the Edinburgh 'Snowshield' is something else today. Having said that, current conditions here totally tie in with the bbc graphics over the past couple of days. The snow never made it to us on any of there runs!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

That SS picnic bench will have to be taken in for forensic investigation. It seems to be the focal point for all SS snow falls and I suspect its been robbing The Scottish Peoples Snaw for years now. Probably some kind of witches magic they use in these far-flung borders places ... respectable research scientist by day ... by night though probably goat sacrifices and wacky dancing around a pentangle...

Think we'll have to burn the bench immediately after the guilty verdict in a wickerman stylee !

Already picked the soundtrack for me vid.

Blawin a hoolie and snawin like f3ck.

The picnic bench is protected by a pack of hungry wolves....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mix here recently has been more sleet/graupel/snow rather than rain/sleet earlier. Still too light though and a big net loss of cover today.

Seems like The Borders and inland Perthshire are the places to be so far?