Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 10z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I am very excited for them, however, can't quite go as far as that, without fibbing that is!

Haha!! I know what you mean. I think what I am getting at is I am lucky to live in a place that it is very easy to get snow due to various reasons, cornwall is always on a knife edge away from bodmin moor so this REALLY matters to them as it is far more rare.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heatwave, Thunderstorms

Both

Both

I'm in the Central North Hampshire snow desert! . Would this snow cover here too?

Posted

Especially if you haven't got any heating like me!

Oh I sympathise. We had 4 weeks with only partial heating when the temp was 8C and felt sooo cold. Hope it is soon sorted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

don't forget about us parts of Devon that have seen zilch in the way of snow biggrin.png

Second that! I haven't seen any proper snowfall this winter only ice cold rain and few sleety showers. Hoping tomorrow will bring something better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

don't forget about us parts of Devon that have seen zilch in the way of snow biggrin.png

Yep Hoping you can your share

Posted

My weather station still says -3, humidity 66%, dewpoint unsure as it just says LOW (don't think it likes dewpoint calculations much).

So we shall see - has certainly livened up a boring Sunday evening though.

I haven't got a lampost - will a torch do?

C'mon Kernow.....

Posted

I've lived in Cornwall all my life Blizzards over 40 years now and it's the same every bloody year, even when Devon is 6 feet deep in the stuff we generally miss out. The odd freakish event like the Prembrokeshire Dangler on Nov 25 2005 seems to be all we get.

Anyway on the Radar, snowing in Mousehole, any 2nd home owner like to confirm ;)

Unfortunately most were unable to get down for the weekend as they were snowed in. Lol.

Edited by Ade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Haha!! I know what you mean. I think what I am getting at is I am lucky to live in a place that it is very easy to get snow due to various reasons, cornwall is always on a knife edge away from bodmin moor so this REALLY matters to them as it is far more rare.

Totally agree, I want this for them, almost as much as I wanted it Friday, And boy did i want it, went though all the motions!I would love to live up your neck of the woods, just looks fantastic.

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

I'm gripped too.

Spend a lot of time there in the summer month(s) wink.png & have a residence there (okay, it's a static caravan) so I'm rooting for you guys.

C'mon Kernow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drinks.gif

Posted

The odd freakish event like the Prembrokeshire Dangler on Nov 25 2005 seems to be all we get.

I hope you called the police!

Anyway, good luck tonight Kernowman and may your dangler be of the cold and snowy variety!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Any chance of a screen shot of the NW extra radar?

As ever,

The ExtraRadar is only a few quid a month ( Or pay month by month no recurring subscription ) and really worth while in weather like this. Brings so much extra info to yours screen.

21:30

post-182-0-37285000-1358718196_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Totally agree, I want this for them, almost as much as I wanted it Friday, And boy did i want it, went though all the motions!I would love to live up your neck of the woods, just looks fantastic.

It is Karlos, I love living here and the snow makes it all the more magical.... In untrodden (is that a word??!!) parts we still have around 6 inches laying and with the temperatures not forecast above 1c all week it looks like it may stay!!

Posted

-0.6c temp and -1.3 DP here.

Seems to be thawing tho? How can that be at - degrees?

keep those stats and any PPN should surely fall as snow?

Posted

Hi! I don't believe they have an app, I just use their website... It's a Norwegian website and I use them now and again. Usually relatively accurate... Here's a link :)

http://m.yr.no/

Just put your location in, and it'll give you a few choices :)

I have no idea what model(s) they use, but seem to go a bit extreme on the temperature front!

Edit: Just went on the full site to see where you're from. So this is one for Swindon:

http://m.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Swindon~2636388/

Cheers fella ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

You must hate the snow on the weekends though it was immensely mad on the road up there today.

I'd take 5/1 on there being snow in camborne tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

NAE 18z ppn chart at T18...Interesting for Devon/Cornwall

post-4149-0-71120300-1358718444_thumb.gi

Posted

Oh I sympathise. We had 4 weeks with only partial heating when the temp was 8C and felt sooo cold. Hope it is soon sorted.

Well we have no heating when it's 0C! The fire is the best thing we have, but isn't great for heating up the whole house really! Ah well, we'll survive with a few extra layers! I also hope it is soon sorted, and should be this week!

Posted

It is Karlos, I love living here and the snow makes it all the more magical.... In untrodden (is that a word??!!) parts we still have around 6 inches laying and with the temperatures not forecast above 1c all week it looks like it may stay!!

Fair play, I love where I live, Beaches in the Summer, and the New Forest has had a good 5/6 inches of snow in places, never lets me down when it's marginal down here. I said to my mates last year it was going to snow, they all laughed when it rained, until i took them to the New Forest, which isn't of massive elevation, just seems to be a sweet spot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Right, quite a lot of Cornwall and Devon is going to join in the snow fun over the coming hours, I can feel it in my bones.

This old man needs to put his head down, 41 years young tomorrow so I need all the rest I can muster.

Night night and good luck. good.gif