Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 10z------------->

A.J

Posted

Me too! :p :p

These type of things tend to revise westwards as the event approaches. I think that where the NAE has it for tomorrow's 06z run is where it will actually be. Fingers crossed, eh?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Man ive taken my eyes of the ball, not looked at any charts and forecasts today and now i see heavy snow forecast for my area!?

I've just noticed that???

the Met forecasts on the website for specific local have been changing so regularly though, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

I should not of gone up the hill sledging today.

I now have an even stronger will for more snow as I remember how addictive it is! sad.png

So much fun. Shame any possible snowfall us during the week sad.png Cant go out and play during a work day lol.

If the NAE 18z is correct for Tuesday morning (very uncertain) then I'd imagine traffic disruption would be a concern, great excuse to miss work and go out.

Posted

That's more like it, now for a shift sw, by around 75 miles and BINGO IMBY, although snow is copious not far down the road, Poole and Bournemouth missed out really as it all turned to rain in the afternoon, so I want a shift west please!!

Hi Karlos, I live in Poole but in Parkstone and it didnt turn to rain here we had 9 hours of all snow, about 3 inches plus. Its unbelievable how a few metres extra in altitude can make the difference. You obviously must live in the town itself. Hoping to be in the firing line tomorrow.

Posted

I know what you mean, I was casually taking a look at the PPN toward the SW and nearly fell off my chair.

The only BBC forecast i can bring up is this afternoons, and it doesnt show much here, is it expected to swing south east and miss us or something?

Posted

I think the Met Office might have just massively underestimated the PPN band for Cornwall and Devon...

Hi Ali. Nice to see a fellow Yelvertonian. Where abouts are you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Wondering why met office has changed the forecast from snow to sleet??

Posted

Hi Karlos, I live in Poole but in Parkstone and it didnt turn to rain here we had 9 hours of all snow, about 3 inches plus. Its unbelievable how a few metres extra in altitude can make the difference. You obviously must live in the town itself. Hoping to be in the firing line tomorrow.

I live in Upton,so right on the Hols Bay, you don't have to go far inland at all, I work in Ferndown, there are branches down everywhere from the weight of the snow, quite remarkable. The new Forest is picture perfect, just a shame the ground is so wet, no good for the old sledge!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

No snow warnings out from the Met regarding Monday into Tuesday for anywhere in the south or Wales for that matter. Just shows how much uncertainty there is. Low confidence.

Although 2 NAE runs have now shown the feature. If it's still there on the 00z then I'd prob expect warnings.

Posted

No snow warnings out from the Met regarding Monday into Tuesday for anywhere in the south or Wales for that matter. Just shows how much uncertainty there is. Low confidence.

Although 2 NAE runs have now shown the feature. If it's still there on the 00z then I'd prob expect warnings.

I expect warnings, would just love a shift south for the snow all the way down to the coast now

Posted

Right, I'm done, off to bed, hopefully wake up to Red warnings for Dorset and the shock sacking of Arsene Wenger and the board!

More chance of snow in Miami i fear!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

If the NAE 18z is correct for Tuesday morning (very uncertain) then I'd imagine traffic disruption would be a concern, great excuse to miss work and go out.

I can work from home :( So that excuse doesnt fly hahah :(

Posted

The Perranporth weather station saying -2 and dew point -4 this is going to be close also worth noting is that scilly isles tempreture has only risen 1oc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heatwave, Thunderstorms

The NAE on Tues looks like a repeat of January 2010 for Hampshire. A constant snow stream heading north from the channel into CSE. Its either going to weaken tomorrow, move west or south but if it stays as per the NAE on the projected path then there could be some large totals from this. The FAX shows the disturbance in the channel too. Could start to become an event by this time tomorrow in the forecasts!

The NAE on Tues looks like a repeat of January 2010 for Hampshire. A constant snow stream heading north from the channel into CSE. Its either going to weaken tomorrow, move west or south but if it stays as per the NAE on the projected path then there could be some large totals from this. The FAX shows the disturbance in the channel too. Could start to become an event by this time tomorrow in the forecasts!

I feel this is probably our last chance though for this cold spell.

Posted

Any netweatherers on Scilly?

Don't be Scilly

Sorry couldn't resist

Posted

Ah, the 18z was listening to me and produces...

post-5114-0-38993500-1358722495_thumb.pn

Of course it is FI but watch out for more of this appearing on chart output over the coming couple of weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Going by the NAE will it not be a more sort of 20ish miles inland event if it were to come off for C S England.?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Argghhh Radar stuck at 2215.

NMM has 0.05 version on meteociel has this getting no further than Lands end. Though on the radar until it stopped, it looked to be making OK progress for now.

Posted

Ah, the 18z was listening to me and produces...

post-5114-0-38993500-1358722495_thumb.pn

Of course it is FI but watch out for more of this appearing on chart output over the coming couple of weeks.

Yep, charts could change at the drop of a hat from around the 28th Jan, with a NE/E flow a distinct possibility as GP eluded to earlier this evening. Bring on Feb!!

Posted

That front off Land's End has to be the slowest moving one in history, can't see it coming in until the small hours. Need to get tucked up, not expecting anything though, snow shields are fully operational here.

Edited by kernowman