Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 10z------------->

A.J

Posted

Clear in Camborne.

South West England

Headline:

Patchy rain, sleet and snow possible overnight. Remaining cold.

This Evening and Tonight:

A cold but cloudy evening with a widespread frost. A band of patchy rain pushing in from the west overnight, perhaps giving sleet and snow on the moors. Eastern counties likely to remain dry though much of the night. Minimum Temperature -5 °C.

Monday:

Outbreaks of rain, sleet and perhaps snow moving eastwards across the region, but this mainly light and probably clearing by evening. Some brighter periods possible later, mainly in the west. Maximum Temperature 4 °C.

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Rain, sleet and snow showers affecting many areas on Tuesday and at first on Wednesday. Becoming drier later on Wednesday and staying largely dry on Thursday. Remaining cold.

Issued at: 1600 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/?tab=regionalForecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heatwave, Thunderstorms

Anyone thinking Tues event could be more widespread and intense across sw and cse than the forecasts have predicted. Its only 42 he's away and no warnings

Posted

Anyone thinking Tues event could be more widespread and intense across sw and cse than the forecasts have predicted. Its only 42 he's away and no warnings

Warning was issued earlier Sunday. We always use generic ice warning when snow is less certain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Warning was issued earlier Sunday. We always use generic ice warning when snow is less certain.

Do the Met Office think the snow might extend as far east as Oxford?

(I'd be very grateful for a reply but understand if you are not able to. I have really enjoyed following your posts so far this winter.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heatwave, Thunderstorms

What are your thoughts Ian for Tues? Potential to be anything like the Jan 2010 event?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Front really struggling to make further progress now. Snow stopped here now. Most models do show the front eventually reaching us but the NMM especially is hinting at a band of snow moving into Cornwall travelling WESTWARDS tomorrow Evening (Tuesday). :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

St Ives webcam shows Light snow beginning again. :)

Posted

Snowing here! Not lots but looks like it could be snowing for a while! Super excited!!!! Front really struggling to make inroads, lets hope it keeps the temps down here for us Cornwallians!! Time to get back to bed fingers crossed it's kept snowing till I get up at 6!

Edited by rodders

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

That front is sliding. Doesn't look likely to reach Plymouth.......sorry.gif

Posted

STILL Snowing here but very fine flakes now. Light covering on most surfaces. We are right on the edge of the front but I imagine places like Lizard/Helston have done very well from this. smile.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Just popped my head out the window and a light covering of snow. That'll do me at least I can say I saw some this winter. Going to take 11 month old Spaniel out in it in a bit see what she makes of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

From having light snow all day I have woken to the met app showing one flake in the evening!! So what ever sir fergie has to say this eve on points west i dosent include banes/west wilts.

Oh well, great news for our Cornish division, well done

Edited by Aceman