Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 10z------------->

A.J

Posted

Is it me or is that front stalling out at sea at Landsend.

If it isn't then it has to be the slowest moving I have ever seen!! I am giving up now and off to bed. Hope those poor folk in Cornwall DO get some snow from this. I will leave it for them to stay up though.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

That front off Land's End has to be the slowest moving one in history, can't see it coming in until the small hours. Need to get tucked up, not expecting anything though, snow shields are fully operational here.

I gave seen many snowy spells in cornwall. - Camborne with higher elevation usually fares better

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Get ready it's snowing in Hayle yippieeeeeeee smile.png

Fantastic!!

big drum roll....... its SNOWING IN ST IVES!!!!!!!

Is it heavy??

Posted

Damn radar has stopped working, not sure when to time the dog's walk :( At this rate I'll be listening to the US Open Tennis while looking out of the window....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Get ready it's snowing in Hayle yippieeeeeeee smile.png

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

NMM18z hi-res differs from NAE for tuesday...PPN spread 50-100 miles further west......So, no hi-res model agreement yet, to coin a cliche....'More runs needed!"

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

The NAE on Tues looks like a repeat of January 2010 for Hampshire. A constant snow stream heading north from the channel into CSE. Its either going to weaken tomorrow, move west or south but if it stays as per the NAE on the projected path then there could be some large totals from this. The FAX shows the disturbance in the channel too. Could start to become an event by this time tomorrow in the forecasts!

I feel this is probably our last chance though for this cold spell.

Yep agree

I was involved in restoring power after that event, unbeliable totals within 40 miles! home had 2--3inchs Reading had nearly 12inchs! a big horseshoe round the south.

Agree this would more than likely be the last decent snow event for our area for this cold spell.

Ah, the 18z was listening to me and produces...

post-5114-0-38993500-1358722495_thumb.pn

Of course it is FI but watch out for more of this appearing on chart output over the coming couple of weeks.

We really need this to happen as well , get some nice warm air up in that greenland area then it can swellup !!

Get shot of the chun of PV over canada and i think you could well be right, it has tried many times but got flattened

Edited by Stoxs

Posted

Great news for Cornwall, now I can go to bed at last!! Enjoy your snow tomorrow!

Also hope it reaches all in Devon who missed out on Friday.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Really nice big flakes and heavy to smile.png

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Dewpoints still at -3c in our areas. Could this be an all snow event???? :D

Posted

I thought i was on netbaby.com then!!!

its coming!! its coming!!! I can see its cloud!!! YAAAA you have a baby snow flake!!

lol

nice one cornwall , I know how frustrating it is hearing everyone else in the snow and you have rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Blow some towards Plymouth please