Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 10z------------->

A.J

Posted

Really, I drove through town along the sea front this evening and there was plenty of snow about, still got plenty out this side of Weston too.

Not sure about Tuesday, latest nae shows the heavy ppn to be to the north east of here, more Bristol/gloucs/wilts way bit that could change, apparently the ecm has it further west, think it might be down to a now cast event come Tuesday I reckon.

well theres some , but there wasnt enough left to go sledging on grove park .. Id like to see a 2010 type fall in Weston , and Tuesday could possibly deliver if it can get placed right .. still time will tell .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Just been viewing a st ives webcam, even in the dark you can clearly see the snow fall being captured by the camera, the usual white streaks, hope it settles as that would cause some fun and games with some of the steep inclines they have around the town.

Posted

Have the Cornish singlehandedly broken the radar?

EDIT I think it is back now...

Hmmm going backwards!

Edited by Erbyskerby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

well theres some , but there wasnt enough left to go sledging on grove park .. Id like to see a 2010 type fall in Weston , and Tuesday could possibly deliver if it can get placed right .. still time will tell .

Would be impressive if we did get lucky on Tuesday and had snowfall to rival 2010 as that dumped a load of snow here on the 17th Dec of that year, I remember that day well :)

Just a shame that any extra snow we do get will be gone by the end of the week going by the models, they seem to be firming up on the Atlantic breaking through the cold block.

Edited by Smartie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Snowing very nicely on the St Ives Webcam now: http://www.stivesboats.co.uk/webcam/

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Looking like it might even be a rain to snow event which could be bad news for laying snow... mega_shok.gif

Posted

At last, I have now seen my 1st snowflake in several years, thought it was never going to happen.

Right enough of this snow watching lark, anyone reckon there'll be a heatwave this summer? ;)

Posted

Snowing very nicely on the St Ives Webcam now: http://www.stivesboats.co.uk/webcam/

So it is! Thanks for the heads up. Sod's law that the one night I really want to watch the radar it throws a wobbly.

Good luck!

At last, I have now seen my 1st snowflake in several years, thought it was never going to happen.

Right enough of this snow watching lark, anyone reckon there'll be a heatwave this summer? ;)

Yep - hosepipe ban aswell......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Enjoy the snow there in Cornwallcold.gifclap.gif It rounds off a great day for many of us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Right enough of this snow watching lark, anyone reckon there'll be a heatwave this summer? tease.gif

Your going to have to change your sig now!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still nothing here! :lol:

Has someone set up a new Falmouth snow shield. :lol:

Posted

Right enough of this snow watching lark, anyone reckon there'll be a heatwave this summer? tease.gif

You didn't see any two years ago?

Posted

JUST POPPED IN QUICKLY BEFORE I GO TO BED , WELL DONE CORNWARLIENS I HOPE IT SNOW'S DOWN ON YOU ALL NIGHT AND GIVES YOU WHAT WE HAVE HERE NOW IN WALES ,10 INCHES OF LYING SNOW AND VERY COLD TEMPATURES , YOU LOT DESERVE IT NOSDA ME OLDE BEAUTIES smiliz19.gifsmiliz34.gifsmiliz46.gifsmiliz64.gifsmiliz65.gifgive_rose.gifclapping.gifgood.gifacute.gifsmiliz39.gifdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Well done Cornwall!!! Who'd have thought snow there...so there is hope for us in Exeter :)

It's been freezing here all the time but whenever rain comes the temperature goes up slightly over what we need for proper snow just wet stuff :( oh well maybe February

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted

@fergieweather: W COUNTRY Keeping close tabs on Tuesday in light of some new Met Office prognosis. Will have latest on @bbcpointswest 6:30pm Monday. #uksnow

Posted

YAY, snowing nicely here in Penryn now. Small flakes but starting to settle. Bitterly cold. Merry Christmas... rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

YAY, snowing nicely here in Penryn now. Small flakes but starting to settle. Bitterly cold. Merry Christmas... rofl.gif

good news.... Not far from Truro :-)

Posted

big drum roll.... starting to turn to rain!!!

Bah shhhh

I'd love a day in the snow with my wife and kids lol

Where you in Cornwall ?

Edited by Couger