Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 10z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Light snow has been falling for a couple of hours now. slight dusting on cleared paths etc.

Temp -1C. Radar shows this light snow moving a bit further west than predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Sorry this is a bit IMBY, but it shows a small period of moderate-heavy snow for Somerset, Bristol and into Gloucestershire/Wiltshire, the sort of thing after looking at NWP output, one can come to expect over the next few days;

post-12721-0-57055900-1358679410_thumb.j

post-12721-0-89244700-1358679417_thumb.j

post-12721-0-75254100-1358679423_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Just north of Cheivley now (North of Newbury) and its still coming down moderately 3-4/10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Currently -0.6c here with very light grains, I am keeping an eye on that little streamer in the Bristol channel what a previous poster pointed out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yes I suppose with pressure low , then ppn can develop out of nothing, ahead or seperate of main bands.

Getting heavier now, mist all around

Indeed and I get the impression the MetO will be watching things very closely over the next few hours and of course, the even longer-term events such as Monday and Tuesday.

Currently the Western edge of the current band is making its move ever Westwards. The current Western edge stretches SSE'wards towards areas such as West of Swindon, Marlborough, Romsey and Southampton. search.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Well the boss is in a dither, he wants to know who can get in to work tomorrow and who can't. I thought about being helpful and emailing him, suggesting that most people should be able to get in to work on Monday but Tuesday/Wednesday could cause problems.

Do you think this about sums up the situation for us Somerset/Bristol people?

Posted

Well the boss is in a dither, he wants to know who can get in to work tomorrow and who can't. I thought about being helpful and emailing him, suggesting that most people should be able to get in to work on Monday but Tuesday/Wednesday could cause problems.

Do you think this about sums up the situation for us Somerset/Bristol people?

Can't say at the moment. Could be a damp squib or could be semi-problematic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, wind. Hot summer days.

Morning all, currently small grains falling -0.9 :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Indeed and I get the impression the MetO will be watching things very closely over the next few hours and of course, the even longer-term events such as Monday and Tuesday.

Currently the Western edge of the current band is making its move ever Westwards. The current Western edge stretches SSE'wards from West of Swindon, Marlborough, Romsey and Southampton. search.gif

The radar is still developing , and like you said , just because that you may see nothing over you now, things change from minute to minute.

Posted

Currently the Western edge of the current band is making its move ever Westwards. The current Western edge stretches SSE'wards from West of Swindon, Marlborough, Romsey and Southampton. search.gif

Yes not far from Devizes I am hoping Salisbury plane can somehow pep this up...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Indeed and I get the impression the MetO will watching things very closely over the next few hours and of course, even longer-term events such as Monday and Tuesday.

And yet on the Satellite images, You can clearly see it moving away ... Seems odd to me.

post-182-0-91273200-1358680003_thumb.png

Posted

Snow is VERY light here now, not sure if the heavier stuff will move westward but it is looking unlikely at the moment. But then we weren't forcast to get any her until midday so who knows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

So do we need a push south for the 850hp temperature for the possibility of snow on tuesday?

As the wind looks like changing from a south westerly, this could help the dew points decrease.

Posted

Light snow here in Petersfield, was a little heavier earlier smile.png

Still light in Petersfield but looking at the radarit might just get a little more interesting as the day wears on! The precip seems to be turning West and we may just cop some heavier stuff midday onwards.

Posted

Light snow here in central Portsmouth for the last 20 minutes or so, had a slight dusting overnight on top of around 70% of Friday's snow that was still remaining. Temp -0.6, DP -1.7.

Posted

Some more Ian info;

W COUNTRY Albeit f'cast confidence re snow is very low, the signal for tomorrow AM is v mixed but increases somewhat later Mon into Tues AM

v difficult detail Mon-Tues as propensity for small-scale lows in the mix & more marginality on WBFL in some areas versus Fri.

Posted

And yet on the Satellite images, You can clearly see it moving away ... Seems odd to me.

Yes its that front that will try and push up from the SW that will make it move north.

Posted

Morning all, very light grauple snow falling here. Must be coming off the edge of the bristol channel streamer. Current temp 0.2c, dew point -3.3c, pressure 998.0

Posted

Woo! Loads of people from my area! Always good to see!

Anyway, been snowing since 8am here, slowly getting ever so heavier as time goes by.

More shifts westwards (which is the current trend) and some places could get more than they thought!

SM