Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 10z------------->

A.J

Posted

Anyone else in the havant/Portsmouth area seeing a stark temperature rise? I'm nearly at +1c with the Dip drop sound appearing! Sun is slightly shinning through the snow and I'm guessing this is causing the increase

SM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

We need a dislike button help.gif

I not really happy got this lying snow here, Got lots work on river to carry out, Concerned about night time temps this week, Have filter in river that might freeze,,,,,,,,,,,I hope eveyone who wants snow see some this week, Chance mildier air may filter in up over scotland later in week, Really think that down here may see some very low temps and more snow chances,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Would like Cornwall and West Devon get there share, We in rather rare set up enjoy............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Wind,Lightning

I'm not sure what's up with the GFS but those minimum temperature projections are ott.

Think the GFS has an alcohol problem with those temps!

Posted

Oh No! a bit of blue sky and sun appeared, but cloud has pulled it back in now

very very light snow falling now, would almost say just blowing in the wind

-0.2c, 995.1hpa and falling slightly, -1.4c dewpoint, -2.4c wind chill and 92% humidity

Posted

Does anybody know why the metoffice radar is not updating on time ever since this cold spell began ... do they do it on purpose to wind us up or something ....

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted

Sigh. Not quite - its certainly cold today, but essentially it is bone dry and it would appear that Mother Nature wants to play a horrible joke on the town of Wellington. Drive 2 miles out of town up to Blackdowns and there are a few inches, but not down here in the valley.

you arent the only one same thing happened to us here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Brighter skies just moved SW across here. Even seen the sun just now. Still -0.6C here though with snizzle now stopped.

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/page8.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Met o have put my snow back on Monday ! Not for very long though

seems to have been downgraded somewhat. Yelverton looked in for a good fall but now light snow mainly.

Posted

Anyone else in the havant/Portsmouth area seeing a stark temperature rise? I'm nearly at +1c with the Dip drop sound appearing! Sun is slightly shinning through the snow and I'm guessing this is causing the increase

SM

Melting here too though still snowing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still coming down probably 4/10 on snow scale. Roads which iced overnight now have a new layer of snow. Dangerous roads here now. ( B roads)

Posted

I put out loads of bread for the birds this morning and having spent 1/2 an hour at the kitchen window peeling veg I can say that they are stupid. My garden is covered in magpies and other birds that I don't know the name of, (city girl originally) and they are just hopping about ignoring the bread.

There is also a big, fat brown bird out there that is bigger than the chicken I just put in my oven. Tempted.... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still looking OK for some wintriness in Cornwall tonight. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

I put out loads of bread for the birds this morning and having spent 1/2 an hour at the kitchen window peeling veg I can say that they are stupid. My garden is covered in magpies and other birds that I don't know the name of, (city girl originally) and they are just hopping about ignoring the bread.

There is also a big, fat brown bird out there that is bigger than the chicken I just put in my oven. Tempted.... biggrin.png

I have tried bread before in the garden and they never go for it.

Try any seeds, dried fruit, lard etc

Posted

seems to have been downgraded somewhat. Yelverton looked in for a good fall but now light snow mainly.

I am sure we will wake up to a covering in the morning!!! :-p

Posted

Still snowing lightly here but temp 1.4C and sky looking very light. I think it will soon be over for us and then the thaw will likely set in. If we can just make it until 3:00pm with no further temp rise we may still have some snow cover tomorrow. Very, very marginal for me now.

Now I need to do some work. UGH!

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Just back from walking dog across the snow fields, what a lovely change from the mud and puddles of late! A good 4 to 5 inches in the fields.

Been steadily snowing for past two hours with small flakes but also with a watery sun occasionally showing through the low cloud..nice effect. Considering I'm at nearly the most easterly extent of the precip, surprised by the density of it to be honest. Snow settling on existing snow quite happily but struggling to settle on paths etc. looking at the gfs 06z precip charts, looks like it should intensify later,mainly in south east though...looking good for those folks.

Edit....snow lighter now. temp 1.0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

There is also a big, fat brown bird out there that is bigger than the chicken I just put in my oven. Tempted.... biggrin.png

May have buzzard or could be other bird of prey, probably why smaller birds not feeding, Magpies don't care they gang up on threat

Posted

well i have been using my oregon scientific WMR100N for a while now and its saying its 1.9c out there, then i set up my vantage vue and its showing 0.0c, so this whole time iv been giving false data, sorry about that :(