Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

very strange effect atm

must be grain size and/or state of melt or not

as our fresh snow now has a layer with intermingled very bright "twinkling" snow

bright enough to look like they are actual fairy-lights

not seen that before

Yes ive just been out in the garden and mines the same,its beautiful

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

still going here, looks like still a bit more to come, roads very dodgy, and with the freeze overnight may be a struggle to get in tomorrow, will try, but not too hard lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

My daughters just home after driving from teddington to Basildon took 2.5 hours but the m25 and a13 are fine atm overnight and tomorrow maybe a different story!

Posted

13cms here on the garden wall. This despite having barely been under any green ppn for this whole cold spell!

We've never been in the thick of any of these snow events either too far N, S E or W but have been on the edge of almost all of them so have benefited nicely.

Posted
Posted

So who ISN'T going to attempt to get to work tomorrow? I only have a 5 mile drive, but I really don't fancy it in a rear wheel drive car without traction control (and non winter tires!!).

Posted
Posted

What are the chances of the big band of precip reaching Hertfordshire? Snow has only just stopped here in Bushey since starting around 8am this morning.

Posted

Can I bear the look of incredulity that is going to be on my hubby's face when I grab a tape measure and walk down three flights of stairs to measure the depth of snow? He's gonna think I'm raving bonkers, and when he asks why, and when I answer its for the snow depth cup, it will only confirm his suspicions, lololololol, ha ha, hee hee!

CD

Posted

Snow depth - 5.5cm.

LOL. Looks like we were defo in the "Screw Zone" today compared to other depths posted.

But hey, still decent enough for our little corner of the world.

Posted

Am I being greedy when I am wishing the showers to go on a westerly route and not up north, bring all that lovely green area over my house, started snowing again outside after a brief lull. :))

Posted

So who ISN'T going to attempt to get to work tomorrow? I only have a 5 mile drive, but I really don't fancy it in a rear wheel drive car without traction control (and non winter tires!!).

I walk 40 minutes to work every day. Should be fun tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers and cold winters

LOL. Looks like we were defo in the "Screw Zone" today compared to other depths posted.

But hey, still decent enough for our little corner of the world.

Managed to take the kids sledging for an hour, so they're happy. It's only me that would have liked a bit more, lol

Posted

looking at radar looks set to get even heavier for Essex for a while yet

another 2 inches in her yet I guess ?

Just getting back 2 Essex after another bottle job in a big game. Given the snow i saw in Chelsea, looking forward to a good dumping in Chelmsford!

Posted

Can I bear the look of incredulity that is going to be on my hubby's face when I grab a tape measure and walk down three flights of stairs to measure the depth of snow? He's gonna think I'm raving bonkers, and when he asks why, and when I answer its for the snow depth cup, it will only confirm his suspicions, lololololol, ha ha, hee hee!

CD

6cm to beat CD. Think the win goes to you...We have been unlucky compared to others.

No complaints though. 8 hours of Eddie Snizzards is better than the usual mild and damp crap!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

I will try, but the roads here dont get much TLC and its all hills and slopes, i jave a 10 mile journey and a 8 1/2 month pregnant wife, also its my last week at my current job, so not feeling like i should risk anything

Posted

God knows what the neighbours think...me outside taking a picture of the snow depth with daughter holding torch as was too dark to pick up the inches!

post-5283-0-12631800-1358702115_thumb.jp