Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Looks like its getting a shifty on in a more northerly track now. Maybe another few hours left, especially further east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Reckon the Spurs game maybe off at 4pm looking at pics

Hope you're right CV, I'll be able to go home after I've put Chelsea/Arsenal result in tne computer! Otherwise

it will be a 6 o'clock finish!

Cheers,

Tom

Posted

Reckon London East of me taking a lovely hit for snow today....certainly still coming down hard heresmile.png ..larger flakes lovely

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted

Hi Mulzy in Raynes Park

Couldn't use the quote thing, but yes, temp diff interesting, noticed the other day you were saying how the temp was going up, you had a higher reading than me.

I am in Fairway and temp currently +0.1

Suppose the odd tad is not the end of the world and my sensor is screwed onto my wooden fence which backs south.

Great snow tho!

Temp now is -0.2 so maybe we're getting some kind of calibration!

I'm near the David Lloyds's towards Merton Park. Used to live in Fairway!

Great snow - we've been pretty luck the last hour or so - just on the western edge of the heavier stuff that's coming up from Sussex.

Edited by mulzy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Temp-0.7c

Dew point -2c

Wind nne

Still looking good

Posted

Yes, seems to be moving more northwards now. If that is the case, there's a heavier area of snow showing on the radar that'll spread across south London very soon.

Posted

Gotta say truly awesome snowfall here in Orpington celebrated by walking to newgents and getting a full blown thorntons hot chocolate perfect then walked back awesome snow and its still snowing

Coast JP or anyone else how long have we got left of this fab snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

6.5cm here in Tunbridge Wells including the 1.5 we had from Friday - and it shows no sign of slowing down, in fact if anything it's intensifying. I do live right at the top of a hill though and we always do better. I must say in my wildest dreams I never thought it would be this good... and still no amber warning! This is way more disruptive than Friday - cars slipping and sliding all over the place. It looks stunning though - lovely morning sledging in Calverley Grounds with the kids.

Posted

Don't post much but been an avid reader of the forums over the last week.

Thanks to all the more "expert" commentators, the analysis and thought process has been interesting as always.

In Epping, we've probably had 2 cm this morning on the lying stuff and am guessing from the NW radar that'll be dying off over the next hour or so but am pleased with what we have here - perhaps 5-6cm lying from the last couple of days.

Cheers all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Much lighter in the last 10-15 mins or so.... Hoping it picks back up again smile.png would like a couple more cms by nightfall blum.gif (not greedy honest!!)

Lol no comment,wed all like that rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Could you post a screen shot of the radar you're looking at? :-)

Have a look back through the radar over the last hour or so and you'll see green patch over NE London. Put in IG1 to the post code zoom on the netweather radar and you'll see it.

Posted

East London down to Eastborne seems to be the zone for heaviest snow in the next hour, the whole lot now gaining a near due north motion, so snow should slowly reduce for the west over the next 2hrs, the east probably have a little longer in the heavier stuff still.

Posted

Don't post much but been an avid reader of the forums over the last week.

Thanks to all the more "expert" commentators, the analysis and thought process has been interesting as always.

In Epping, we've probably had 2 cm this morning on the lying stuff and am guessing from the NW radar that'll be dying off over the next hour or so but am pleased with what we have here - perhaps 5-6cm lying from the last couple of days.

Cheers all.

2cm? I'm waltham abbey and we've had 2inches

Posted

East London down to Eastborne seems to be the zone for heaviest snow in the next hour, the whole lot now gaining a near due north motion, so snow should slowly reduce for the west over the next 2hrs, the east probably have a little longer in the heavier stuff still.

Your right mate seem to be in that...heaviest its been all day started bout 20 mins ago

Posted

Heavier in Bromley Common now. Reporting from the Crown pub, looking out on a winter wonderland!

Nice pub.

I'm sitting here with a bottle of Chairmans Reserve rum, footy on the TV, roast chicken in the oven. Oh and it's snowing as well. Happy Sunday all!

Posted

Your right mate seem to be in that...heaviest its been all day started bout 20 mins ago

Where are you cv?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Coming down hard now. Stronger echoes on the radar and looks like Eastbourne in a sweet spot at the moment.

Hi buddy, been watching a lil line of precipitation expand right over our area, be good to see this continue for a while before it runs 'op north!