Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 20th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Wife just arrived home from Norwich and said she thought the Acle Straight was fine, and the A12 was better than that. Hope she's not telling fibs so I get stuck tomorrow morning.

Maybe they have griited both since as I went through there an hour ago. Maximum speed of all of us was 25-30 mph.

Posted

Looks like Peterborough is getting hit !!!

It's really coming down now! Probably an hour to an hour and a half ago a car pulled in to the car park, clear windscreen. Now you can't see the screen again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Coming to a stop here, just the odd bit of snizzle and I can see the moon.

The radar really has been playing a lot of tricks today. Not expecting much more now :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW please

Just measured getting on for 7 inches on a flat surface out of the way of 'drifts', which includes previous falls, maybe 4 inches today. I'm amazed at the persistance of this and have to say the predictions for my area are pretty spot on. Nice one and much apreciated! Looks bloody brilliant out there and still coming down, congrats adrinks.gif ll clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

just been outside and I now have 6.5cm that has fallen since 9am.

its still coming down bigger flakes and moderate.

so total snow fall from today and friday is around 4.5inchs (so far)

noot bad i'd say, and both schools closed so i will be off over warden hills for some photo taking and sledging!

current temp: -2c

dew point: -2c

NNE winds

Posted

Encouraging to hear how long people have had snow falling - didn't start hear until 3/3.30pm so for a real nice covering it would be good if this continued into the small hours. I guess that on our garden bench which has still a good 6-8 inches from snow earlier this week, tonight will add another couple.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Just measured getting on for 7 inches on a flat surface out of the way of 'drifts', which includes previous falls, maybe 4 inches today. I'm amazed at the persistance of this and have to say the predictions for my area are pretty spot on. Nice one and much apreciated! Looks bloody brilliant out there and still coming down, congrats adrinks.gif ll clapping.gif

Nice one plover! I will be driving past your part of the world tomorrow morning up the Otley road.....could be interesting. I presume the gritters will be out with the ploughs first thing to clear the way for the school/college buses

Posted

I'm in maldon continuous snow all day, roads are terrible . Have to go to Watford tomoz , would appreciate if anyone knows what they are like , or do I just have a snow day

The minor roads are bad, and the main roads werent too bad. But remember this was this afternoon. Small covering of snow on the main road outside which is going to freeze over. Its still snowing as well.

Posted

Drove the A12 from Yarmouth to Lowestoft. Went out about 4pm - nothing - roads clear, came back about 7pm, dual carriageway reduced to single file, tarmac hidden under a layer of wet snow.

Right now, in Gorleston (I live right by the beach) it is snowing heavily, but small flakes, drifting a little in the wind. Still very concerned about the suggestion on the met office website that it'll turn to rain about 3am. Any one know the explanation - aside from the obvious proximity to the sea. I mean, is there warmer air behind the snow front, so this is just frontal snow?

Edited by Mr H

Approaching 14 hours of continuous light snow here in Hemel Hempstead. Probably only about 6cm of fresh snow which, as it has compacted under its own weight during the day on top of the existing snow layer, has left us with about 10cm cover on the grass. Max temp today was -1.5 C. Surprised to see it still snowing. The radar suggests it should soon end but then again it looked that way a couple of hours ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Looks like Peterborough is getting hit !!!

Just had a stroll round the village and I can confirm that we are now getting the heaviest snow that we've had all day, 20p size and incredible intensity.

My patio table showing 10cms of fresh snow today from just over 10 hours snowfall.

This has been the best snowfall I can remember since I have been in Peterborough, and I moved here in 1997.

Wonderful.

Posted

Maybe they have griited both since as I went through there an hour ago. Maximum speed of all of us was 25-30 mph.

It took her 45 minutes from Norwich, although she does drive an RX8 and she's a wee bit mad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Moon visible here, too. Wind has dropped but snow's still falling...

Posted

thought id pop in again as there are some bright echos on the radar over EA, did you get much snow mate?

We have an extra 4 to 5 inches here and it is still hammering down. Thanks again for the information earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

That stream of snow over looks to be finally dying.

yep,I can see the moon appearing.

Posted

Snow almost stopped, looks like I may have one further heavy snow shower though from the stuff close to Cambridge, although it may skirt to my North. Temperatures falling now, roads going to be bad in the morning as completely covered now.

Edit: Snow still coming down quite well. About 90 minutes ago I cleared a bit of ground, now has about an inch of snow on it, the snow earlier was really heavy!

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

still snizzle but gradually dying out.fabulous day very pleased,just like to know how long we can hang onto it.?