Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

I'm gonna call it a night now!! Hopefully ill wake to to something decent. Good luck to everyone else in the region.

Still coming down very nicely indeed!

Night all!

Take care driving in it in the morning. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Yeah fat flakes starting drop here now too. Plenty of people will be getting snowed in up here by morning :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The southern tip of the precipitation is slowly coming north but now it looks to me that it is rotating from nw to wnw, this has to be watched.

Posted

The southern tip of the precipitation is slowly coming north but now it looks to me that it is rotating from nw to wnw, this has to be watched.

that's good for us isn't it? Edited by The Yellow Snowman

Posted

Which radar you talking?

Rain today,red squares gone slightly north and still east of me, still sat in dark orange though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

All the metos graphics have updated with Heavy Snow finally showing through to around 6am with light snow there after. They reckon snow wont even clear the cheshire area of the region till later in the evening. Excellent :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Rain today,red squares gone slightly north and still east of me, still sat in dark orange though.

Oh right, i use the Met Office, if that showed red for any length of time then we really would be under 6 foot of snow!!!

Posted

All the metos graphics have updated with Heavy Snow finally showing through to around 6am with light snow there after. They reckon snow wont even clear the cheshire area of the region till later in the evening. Excellent smile.png

There's plenty left in this yet for us, 2-5 cm!! Massively underestimated.

Posted

Not sure what radar you are on but using rain today look at Nottingham, the precip was just about to heading north of Nottingham and it has shifted in the last hour and is back down toward leicester on a more wnw track!

Need 2nd opinions on this.

Posted

There's plenty left in this yet for us, 2-5 cm!! Massively underestimated.

They did not even have us in the 2-5cm category until 2230!!, i had thought they had been underplaying this ever since last night but did not say anything for fear of jinxing it!

Posted

You wanna see the motorway cams from the east Northwest. A lot are on the brink of closure lol

Posted

Not sure what radar you are on but using rain today look at Nottingham, the precip was just about to heading north of Nottingham and it has shifted in the last hour and is back down toward leicester on a more wnw track!

Need 2nd opinions on this.

I think once the main batch has headed north (which its doing pretty quick now) we will continue to get a steady stream of ppn from SE

link

http://www.trafficen...897&navbar=true

Scroll around the map, pick a camera, hover over the icon and move your cursor over to "View camera image" and clicky

Edit you will have look at the option listed down the right of the page and "turn on cameras"

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted

here is another link for motorway cameras.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ter#roadCameras

Junction 22 of M62 looks particularly bad, as expected though been as its the highest motorway point in britain at 1225ft above sea level.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

Snizzle still going....

Joking!......big fat juicy fluffy white flakes!!!!!!!! Just risen from aslumber to a beutiful scenery of white outside. Amazing...winter as finally arrived to my locality. Just caught up last few pages nice to know the guys/gals a bit higher up are getting their fix & equally enthusiastic about it :) now need to try and sleep again till 6 and deal with prospects of a nightmare commute to work!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunder and more snow

Coming down nicely in bury :-)

Glad you lot are getting it mate, my mum dad and brother live on ten bury toting ton border off walsahw road (not far from Toyota garage and b&q). Not checked outside here in Salford yet, no doubt it's still snizzle :( it's like the snow gods are giving us dandruff as they bend over to drop their trolleys and dump everywhere else lol

Posted
9awy36.jpg Here's one of Leeds :p

Posted

Had to set my alarm to do the halfway check! Blooming marvellous! Did I read the heavy stuff on its way to?